Thanks Meter: 32

By wws12, Senior Member on 10th January 2014, 04:20 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
6th February 2014, 08:32 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wws12

I talked to Motorola on their chat and they said that they are planning on selling the CDMA version on motorola.com, presumably without any restrictions. No date yet though. If I had to guess, I would say before the end of the month, but don't quote me on that. As another wanting to activate on Tracfone BYOP, I hope it gets here soon.

Me too. The guestimate of end of January has passed.

6th February 2014, 08:57 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'd be willing to bet you won't see an MVNO capable Moto G until 6 months after the Verizon prepaid was released at the earliest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
24th October 2014, 03:36 PM |#33  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuspeed

edit: You should ask if you have to have 6 months of prepaid service. Can you say quit after 1 month and then wait 5 months for an unlock?

I had no problem activating (switching my old TF account and phone #) my Moto G that had been on VZ for 6 months+. I have a chance to buy another (for backup) that was on for 5 months so I'd also like to know if it depends on actual VZ payments for 6 months or only the time since activation.
24th October 2014, 03:41 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
For those that don't know - you can register unlocked 1st generation Moto Gs with Ting out of the box. The use the Sprint network.

I just did this a couple days ago with an unlocked $80 Boost Mobile Moto G.
27th October 2014, 11:48 PM |#35  

More
Hi,

I have bought verizon prepaid moto g. And what should i do to activate this on PagePlus ??

Do i need to get SunShine ? Even after that do i need to flash it ?

When i called PagePlus they said they cannot activate it.

Thanks
Mars
16th March 2015, 03:36 PM |#36  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfeh

For those that don't know - you can register unlocked 1st generation Moto Gs with Ting out of the box. The use the Sprint network.

I just did this a couple days ago with an unlocked $80 Boost Mobile Moto G.

Hi mrfeh,

I've been a TracFone customer for years but have decided to begin using Ting also, since they do not offer the Moto G. After hours of research, I've decided to go with the Moto G and enroll it for use with the Ting service. My question to you is how did you determine that purchasing the $80 Moto G from Boost was unlocked? I just went to the Moto G product page (the Moto G is still $80) on the Boost site but don't see it explained anywhere that the Moto G is sold to you as an 'unlocked' phone. I would buy the Moto G elsewhere but can't find it for anywhere near $80. I would hate to buy the phone from Boost and then find out I'm locked into using the Moto G with only Boost.

Also based on Ting's coverage webpage (can't post link here), it looks like both GSM and CDMA phones are supported.?.?

Any advice here would be welcome.

Thanks,
Scott
16th March 2015, 03:47 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsbarnhill

Hi mrfeh,

I've been a TracFone customer for years but have decided to begin using Ting also, since they do not offer the Moto G. After hours of research, I've decided to go with the Moto G and enroll it for use with the Ting service. My question to you is how did you determine that purchasing the $80 Moto G from Boost was unlocked? I just went to the Moto G product page (the Moto G is still $80) on the Boost site but don't see it explained anywhere that the Moto G is sold to you as an 'unlocked' phone. I would buy the Moto G elsewhere but can't find it for anywhere near $80. I would hate to buy the phone from Boost and then find out I'm locked into using the Moto G with only Boost.

I was going to say that any first gen Moto G sold in a Boost box would work, but that may no longer be the case. See the note at the top of this page:

https://help.ting.com/entries/777138...fficial-guide-

I suggest you contact Ting to see what the current situation is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread