Sixaxis controller is here!

15th March 2015, 12:13 PM   |  #1601  
Flag Gorleston-On-Sea
Thanks Meter: 140

535 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenan

Hello there, I seem to have trouble with the app, 0.8.2 it shows segmentation fault at server start.. I'm on a LG G2 with latest optimusG3 ROM.. I'm not very good with the whole logcat thing, since I don't know how to use it, but it shows problems:
03-15 01:33:55.541 E/dalvikvm(26766): Could not find class 'android.app.usage.UsageStatsManager', referenced from method com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller.SixaxisD river.run
And
03-15 01:33:55.541 W/dalvikvm(26766): VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 17 (Landroid/app/usage/UsageStatsManager in Lcom/dancingpixelstudios/sixaxiscontroller/SixaxisDriver;

What could be making the app not to work? It was working on cm ROM same device couple of days ago... Cm kernel, this one is stock.. I have tried compatibility checker and doesn't work either. Please help?

Install this version and report back.

https://db.tt/QVusIRDG
The Following User Says Thank You to LiamAtkins90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2015, 12:36 PM   |  #1602  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamAtkins90

Install this version and report back.

https://db.tt/QVusIRDG

Tried the app, seems fine without any weird thing, but! The sixaxis controller doesn't connect.. I have changed the MAC of the controller with the PC app and tried with two different controllers with no luck... Weird as shi*t...
15th March 2015, 03:37 PM   |  #1603  
Flag Gorleston-On-Sea

535 posts
More
Quote:

Tried the app, seems fine without any weird thing, but! The sixaxis controller doesn't connect.. I have changed the MAC of the controller with the PC app and tried with two different controllers with no luck... Weird as shi*t...

Strange, a guy above has a similar issue, I think it is something to do with the Bluetooth drivers on Lollipop.
You are changing the controllers BT address to that of your Android device aren't you?

EDIT: oh and sometimes you have to wait for the app to display "listening for controller" on the app before you can click the PS controllers home button to turn the red led lights on.
It blinks a few times and should connect.
The Following User Says Thank You to LiamAtkins90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2015, 03:43 PM   |  #1604  

14 posts
Quote:

Strange, a guy above has a similar issue, I think it is something to do with the Bluetooth drivers on Lollipop.
You are changing the controllers BT address to that of your Android device aren't you?

the thing is, the rom is actually KK.... the CM12 I had was lollypop based and no problems (except for half the games not working...) Yes, same BT address as phone... I've mailed the developer, but no answer as of now.. is he normally absent? Perhaps a different rom would solve problem.. BTW with cm rom the BT address was different, I noticed after I flashed rom and controller wasn't pairing.. Is that possible?

EDIT: Yeah, I do that all the time! I feel stupid, should be such simple thing, having work in the past with same device.. have even tried praying to the controller XD (no luck tho)
Last edited by drenan; 15th March 2015 at 03:47 PM. Reason: another answer
15th March 2015, 09:26 PM   |  #1605  
Flag Castellammare di Stabia
Thanks Meter: 6

39 posts
More
Quote:

EDIT: oh and sometimes you have to wait for the app to display "listening for controller" on the app before you can click the PS controllers home button to turn the red led lights on.
It blinks a few times and should connect.

Hi!
With the apk linked above I can get to "listening for controller", no more segmentation fault error, but when I start the (paired) controller with the home button the smartphone dows not react.
I am on Galaxy Note 4, lollipop.
Thanks for any help you can provide
16th March 2015, 09:06 PM   |  #1606  
Flag Gorleston-On-Sea

535 posts
More
Quote:

the thing is, the rom is actually KK.... the CM12 I had was lollypop based and no problems (except for half the games not working...) Yes, same BT address as phone... I've mailed the developer, but no answer as of now.. is he normally absent? Perhaps a different rom would solve problem.. BTW with cm rom the BT address was different, I noticed after I flashed rom and controller wasn't pairing.. Is that possible?

EDIT: Yeah, I do that all the time! I feel stupid, should be such simple thing, having work in the past with same device.. have even tried praying to the controller XD (no luck tho)

Hey man,
First thing is a ROM flash should never change your Bluetooth address (which I find quite strange) it may be a ROM issue, but I have never encountered this issue on 50+ ROMs I have ran over....
AOSP or Skinned UI like Touchwiz or Sence.
I wish I knew things like coding and stuff and I could be more help to you. Sorry man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XellossMetallium

Hi!
With the apk linked above I can get to "listening for controller", no more segmentation fault error, but when I start the (paired) controller with the home button the smartphone dows not react.
I am on Galaxy Note 4, lollipop.
Thanks for any help you can provide

Same as above do you have the same BT address as phone and controller?
try running the Six Axis after a reboot for me,
If you have done both, can you get me a log of when your pressing on the app, so I can see, if there is anything interfering with the device?
16th March 2015, 09:26 PM   |  #1607  

14 posts
Quote:

Hey man,
First thing is a ROM flash should never change your Bluetooth address (which I find quite strange) it may be a ROM issue, but I have never encountered this issue on 50+ ROMs I have ran over....
AOSP or Skinned UI like Touchwiz or Sence.
I wish I knew things like coding and stuff and I could be more help to you. Sorry man.

Same as above do you have the same BT address as phone and controller?
try running the Six Axis after a reboot for me,
If you have done both, can you get me a log of when your pressing on the app, so I can see, if there is anything interfering with the device?

Hi there Liam, thanks for all your help! As I said, different BT address in different rom.. In fact, I have installed another stock based rom with custom kernel and guess what... The address was different, perhaps the address that the phone should have, anyhow, sixaxis controller is now working working but not without some trouble.. Only newer version app would work, the one you sent me gave me the HCI issue.. I'm still a bit confused tbh
The Following User Says Thank You to drenan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2015, 09:40 PM   |  #1608  
Flag Gorleston-On-Sea

535 posts
More
Quote:

Hi there Liam, thanks for all your help! As I said, different BT address in different rom.. In fact, I have installed another stock based rom with custom kernel and guess what... The address was different, perhaps the address that the phone should have, anyhow, sixaxis controller is now working working but not without some trouble.. Only newer version app would work, the one you sent me gave me the HCI issue.. I'm still a bit confused tbh

No worries man.
I'm pretty confused also mate,
I hope that the phone now has the correct BT address.
What sort of error does the new version have?
Is it about the app randomly disconnecting and having to go into the sixaxis app and manually click start and connect again to get it to work?
That issue has been raised a few times on here and in the Google Play store.
I actually have not tested the app myself since Lollipop (which worked flawlessly on the earlier build, but on the latest from the playstore I had random disconnections) BUT my device (Nexus 5) had a memory bug where apps would close after a few days without a reboot.
I actually haven't tested the device since figuring out the bug, I am now on 5.1 and the bug is fixed.
I hope you find a solution mate.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread