[ROM][Custom][Privacy Guard][Leds][UB LB] D5503_14.4.A.0.108_final

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Yes you can flash baseband, its safe! But I am on 157 baseband and on rom 108 without battery drain! Since no detailed changelog by oem about 157 I have no idea what is changed in 157 in diferencie with 108 and allso I am not interesing to 157 rom, used them 5 days and noticed 10 percent drainage over night which is not good. Now using good 108 rom. About dormancy, we can disable them totaly by replacing dormancy binary in bin folder with an fake script for example which we do "exit 0"... just idea! Disabling dormancy in etc folder in fd_custom_config have no sense since dormancy stil continue spaming logcat which mean is active (see logcat), its very agresive on 157 and I don't know why... Best idea is replacing binary.

Last edited:

glehel

Jun 9, 2013
ASUS ZenFone 8
I updated the baseband version has not changed but the number of the remaining 51.
.157 rom 61 ruin the ending.
what is wrong?

Screenshot_2015-01-15-11-20-28.jpg

Last edited:

korpenkraxar

Jun 25, 2009
Best rom, tiny issue

Hi all!

Still a very happy user of this ROM over here. I currently have a 55 day uptime and had even an even longer uptime before my last reboot so the last three to four months or so I have only restarted my phone once. Amazingly stable ROM munjeni!

Anyways, I have had a minor issue with Firefox for Android. When I switch internet connection in either direction between wifi and the mobile network, Firefox is usually unable to load pages until I restart it. I suspected an issue with DNS and used the app "Override DNS" to set it to always use OpenDNS server, which seems to solve the issue.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with Firefox on this ROM or perhaps the stock Sony ROM which it is based on?

Reactions: bocke85

dermaze

Sep 12, 2013
Nürnberg
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Wi-Fi Hotspot not working

Hello,

first I want to thank @munjeni for this great rom (again)!
I'm using it now since it came out, and although I normally do like to "ROM-surf", I stuck with this one because it's simply good, just working as intended.

But there's one small problem: When I try to use my phone as a WiFi-Hotspot, other devices cannot connect, no matter whether I have security (wpa2) enabled or not. The MAC address of the connecting device is shown in the wifi hotspot settings, with a line reading "sending IP adress" (or similar, I'm on a german handset) underneath, but it stays this way and the connecting device stops with the status "IP address gets received" (or similar).

Also I tried it with USB debugging enabled and disabled, without any changes.

I have uploaded the (shortened) logcat, in case that should help. I guess the lines
Code:
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431): Error! unhandled message{ when=-2ms what=147498 obj=Device: 
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  deviceAddress: 18:00:2d:f6:98:e9
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  primary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  secondary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wps: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  grpcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  devcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  status: 4
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wfdInfo: null target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
point to the problem, but I do not understand enough to make sense of it.

Maybe someone has a clue what's wrong? Are others experiencing the same problems?

Attachments

• WiFi-Hotspot-LogCat.log
    3 KB · Views: 12

BlackDex

May 3, 2007
Hello there,

I'm considering to switching to this ROM while coming from a CM11 ROM.

Am i correct that i need to restore my phone to the Stock ROM first?
I have backed-up my TA etc... so i should be able to restore my phone completely.

Does this also mean that the camera will create better pictures? And that the FM Radio will work etc?

Thx in advance.

fridlack

May 28, 2009
Gava, Barcelona
Hello there,

I'm considering to switching to this ROM while coming from a CM11 ROM.

Am i correct that i need to restore my phone to the Stock ROM first?
I have backed-up my TA etc... so i should be able to restore my phone completely.

Does this also mean that the camera will create better pictures? And that the FM Radio will work etc?

Thx in advance.

I will answer yes to all

Restore stock ROM 108, then restore TA

And yes, fm radio works and pictures are better then cm

Regards

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hello,

first I want to thank @munjeni for this great rom (again)!
I'm using it now since it came out, and although I normally do like to "ROM-surf", I stuck with this one because it's simply good, just working as intended.

But there's one small problem: When I try to use my phone as a WiFi-Hotspot, other devices cannot connect, no matter whether I have security (wpa2) enabled or not. The MAC address of the connecting device is shown in the wifi hotspot settings, with a line reading "sending IP adress" (or similar, I'm on a german handset) underneath, but it stays this way and the connecting device stops with the status "IP address gets received" (or similar).

Also I tried it with USB debugging enabled and disabled, without any changes.

I have uploaded the (shortened) logcat, in case that should help. I guess the lines
Code:
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431): Error! unhandled message{ when=-2ms what=147498 obj=Device: 
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  deviceAddress: 18:00:2d:f6:98:e9
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  primary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  secondary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wps: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  grpcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  devcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  status: 4
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wfdInfo: null target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
point to the problem, but I do not understand enough to make sense of it.

Maybe someone has a clue what's wrong? Are others experiencing the same problems?

Hi, logcat provided by you is not enought for debuging problem, you will need to give me more detailed log just for checking that out! Did you installed all updates for this rom?

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hi Munjeni,

Will you cook a Lollipop ROM with Privacy Guard? I'm usung your ROM and it's awesome, except for Miracast, that should be now functioning in Lolipop.

Thanks!

Yes if possible! I don't tried cm12 and don't know if cm12 have privacy guard! If anybody have info than let me know please! Also this is first time for me using ART and I never decompiled any art related app so first I must learn some things related to the art before I go working in current lolipop rom. I allready have converted lolipop into flashable and going to put them to the git, will start working soon in lolipop :)

Edit:
Found this amazing info http://androidcommunity.com/cm12-wont-use-supersu-functions-relegated-to-privacy-guard-20150105/ so for sure I will bring it to the lolipop

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, latest Sony 14.4.A.0.108 rom for you!

Features is inside screenshoots. Rom is rooted, have superuser, su, busybox...etc, just simple install propertly and enjoy rom! Bye! ;)

Download old stable rom (update 5 is required after installing this rom!):
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!dconlALD!EmOWK0lASSlyuTEkyFQBP8jRGpD3tbKWutD4JdHoJfs

Download new stable rom - final rom (03.jul.2015) (do not install any update with this rom!!!):
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!AcxllSZa!dO-qrrgWuXeDrU4p_jmpkawZwz5fI83lWiHfD-KrjWQ MD5: 6a5e5de79ad7120db63fc9eb57974450
    This final rom is one which I am runing daily, I have removed some boatwares but not all, removed only some which iritating me. So if you need some apks which is missing, just download from here -> https://github.com/munjeni/D5503_14.4.A.0.108/tree/master/system and add to the zip byself! This rom have some optimisations and fixes, dual recovery, cwm munjeni and twrp, to enter cwm hold volume down when blue light start blinking, or hold volume up for twrp when blu start blinking. I recomend linheart+row and my favorite theme aka black theme munjeni which is included only in final rom aka this one. This rom contain kernel from 157 with kernel modules and firmwares from 157... etc, in short my favorite rom dumped directly from my phone using romgen tool, so its tested and definitely stable, just install it right and carefully and enjoy! :)
    * If you have root problems or problems remounting system rw, install this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61696951&postcount=531
    * If your choice was "debloat rom" trought aroma installer, I have marked google contact & calendar sync in removal list as bloatware, but if you realy want to debloat your rom but kiping google contact & calendar sync you must install folowing zip package -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61894795&postcount=573

How to install:
    - first of all you must have your phone updated oficialy to the bootloader, baseband... etc and it must be from 108 rom (your choice how you can do it, but thats needed!) before you gona install our rom! You no need to be rooted since rom is for booth locked and unlocked bootloader!
    - wipe data factory reset
    - format system partition
    - install rom
    - install update.1 -> (this fix portrait retouch and give you China Photo editor) NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE !
    - install update.2 -> https://mega.co.nz/#!NI4UkAgD!XPGU4WhDsfRXquzaL1wmQDaees-PrtF8SBpIOZgdn_Y (this revert dialog and toast style to stock one ;; fix for timeshift video) NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE !
    - install update.3 -> https://mega.co.nz/#!lAZSUISa!09ca_GvuDHh8r9-5M3aAhc3TiDOePj26n79aa7VkTds (unhiden daydream option in settings menu) NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE
    - install update.4 -> https://mega.co.nz/#!4JJFTYjZ!IjQsoCdJhSFBZFs_hyQrEHudBkaCZZfiyhG4-wHm7sc (usb serial support and ftdi sio ; new task killer) NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE
    - install update.5 -> https://mega.co.nz/#!1FoUkLZB!SEpBPmiV7GC6D0CeXdej-neqwOsfMelrFTxY5teKFp8 (ntfs support) INSTALL ONLY IF YOU HAVE old stable rom, do not use with final rom!!!
    - do not replace default busybox which comming with this rom since you will broke root!

For best experience I have compiled Lionheart cpu governor, you can use them in combination with row iosched to get very smooth ui and very good baterery life for daily usage! I have runing rom 13 hours + 1 hour with phone usage and have almost 88 percent batery power remain :)

4k is not working and allso I not going to get them working!(I have removed 4k from camera widget). I sugest you to not use any external camera mod since our one is totaly stock based and I have not replaced anything related to stock camera, every camera part is carefully patched, so if you want any camera mod than do not go here to report something which probably will not work after your replace or you get battery drain fast after replace! Allso if you have installed something which not comming from our rom than allso please do not report anything! Everything is tested and everything working very good!

If somebody have problems installing rom (error 7 during installation):
    - Remove first 2 lines (ASERT) from updater-script than try again
    New update is out (update.2)!

changelog:
    - fix timeshift video caused by wrong moviecreator (there was missing default moviecreator app in priv-app which I have replaced to the latest from ota update. Problem is that these app from priv-app can not be replaced since these app is reguired to stay in priv-app folder, instead of replacing, these app can be only updated to the latest one but not replaced! For preventing ota notification about new moviecreator app we need to install latest moviecreator update, but my solution is to place latest one to the app folder instead of replacing one in priv-app), so problem is solved, we have latest moviecreator now and booth things is working now (timeshift video and videos in moviecreator)
    - reverted dialog style and toast style now to the stock one style

download:
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!NI4UkAgD!XPGU4WhDsfRXquzaL1wmQDaees-PrtF8SBpIOZgdn_Y

how to install:
    - previous update (update.1) no need since update.2 contain previous update too!
    - just install update.2 trought recovery without wiping anything and you are done

Enjoy! :)
    Got it finaly, some packages can not be deodexed like google analytics, probably more, I don't know by now, only got deodexed rom and it booting finaly :) Git will be updated soon so you will be able to download rom directly from git
    Yes, D5503_14.4.A.0.108_latest one from august
    Update 4 is out! Changelog:
    - new kernel modules aka usbserial.ko and ftdi_sio.ko (support for usb serial devices based on ftdi chip)
    - new task killer with centered kill button