Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROOT][Towelroot] MetroPCS LG Optimus L70

9th December 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs down Brand New Metro PCS LG L70
I just got one yesterday .....
Software Ver. KOT49l.MS32310c will not root with Towelroot
9th December 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #22  

1 posts
cant root my metropcs LG Optimus L70
I just got my metropcs LG Optimus L70 I tried using the towelroot apk and I still can not get my phone rooted I was wondering if I'm missing somthing or maybe a way around this
18th December 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakisses55

I just got my metropcs LG Optimus L70 I tried using the towelroot apk and I still can not get my phone rooted I was wondering if I'm missing somthing or maybe a way around this

Lately there's been a bunch of software updates for the Optimus L70. I think that may be causing the problem. But you might also have to enable USB debugging, I forgot to put that in the first post >.< can't believe it.
Go to settings -> about phone -> software information, and tap the build number part until it says you are now a developer.
Then go back to settings, and go to developer options.
Make sure the box that says USB debugging has a checkmark (is enabled). If that doesn't work, I'm not sure how to fix it yet.
21st December 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #24  
Flag Pertate

4 posts
More
I've tried this metod to root LG L65 bought from Telenor Serbia, but was unsucessfull.
22nd December 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #25  

3 posts
Verizon LG Optimus Exceed 2 VS450PP

First attempt after visiting toweltoot and clicking lamda, chrome opens lots of new tabs fast. After I enabled usb debugging and revisiting the website, same result. Had to force stop chrome.
22nd December 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #26  

1 posts
The towelroot method no longer works on the l70, due to firmware 10c you would have to flash 10b with the lg flash tool.
25th December 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 1

52 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..............

The towelroot method no longer works on the l70, due to firmware 10c you would have to flash 10b with the lg flash tool.

I have the opposite problem. I rooted the L70 with towelroot while having firmware version 10b just fine, but now it keeps nagging me to update to 10c. I download it every time and it appears to install, but after it reboots it's still at 10b. Can I force the update somehow since I already have root or am I stuck with these notifications? Thank you!
14th March 2015, 01:03 AM   |  #28  

2 posts
Thanks from a newbe
I must thank you for this clear and careful tutorial. Although I have an LG L34C and it does not quite work the same I can see how to do it now. The phone makers and carriers keep changing the phones as they dont really want the head aches of fixing bricks we make by accident. So it is a moving target. Looks like at the end of this thread many were not able to do the root due to an upgrade in the system (10c?).

But I sure am happy someone took the time to lay this out so clearly.
17th March 2015, 02:48 AM   |  #29  
Flag Dallas, TX

1 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy LGMS32310c wont update!! :(
If you updated your phone to the latest firmware, im sorry but that update prevents root. The only way to root that phone is to revert your phone to MS32310b. Hopefully you guys have not updated your phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread