FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Viper one black screen

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jkusc, Junior Member on 21st May 2014, 08:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I rooted my HTC One and flashed viper one and it said it was installed sucessfully.

I get taken through the initial setup, but after that, my home screen is black and I can't do anything with my phone. Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

21st May 2014, 08:35 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Also, I tried rebooting my phone and when it starts back up, it gets stuck on the viper one logo. Its been on the logo for a few minutes now....
22nd May 2014, 10:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the same issue. I tried wiping the Dalvik cache but when it rebooted it froze at: "Android is upgrading... starting apps". I turned off the power and when it turned back on it got stuck on the boot ViperOne logo screen.

Did you by any chance get an error saying "Unfortunately, setup has stopped" after the initial setup? I got that, and then the black screen. It was just the home screen that gave a black screen. I could see the lock screen, bring down the notification bar, recent apps screen, I could even get into settings within the notification bar and everything. Just the home screen that's black and not operational.
22nd May 2014, 09:54 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakreD

I have the same issue. I tried wiping the Dalvik cache but when it rebooted it froze at: "Android is upgrading... starting apps". I turned off the power and when it turned back on it got stuck on the boot ViperOne logo screen.

Did you by any chance get an error saying "Unfortunately, setup has stopped" after the initial setup? I got that, and then the black screen. It was just the home screen that gave a black screen. I could see the lock screen, bring down the notification bar, recent apps screen, I could even get into settings within the notification bar and everything. Just the home screen that's black and not operational.

FIXED!!!!!!

I did get the error saying setup has stopped. Here's what I did to fix it.

From black screen. Reboot into recovery mode. Did a full wipe of my phone (cache, dalvik, system, data, just delete everything...everything will be gone).

Unzipped viperone.zip on my computer to get the boot.img

From fastboot I used adb sideload to push the viperone.zip onto my phone and installed.

Did not reboot after install

Flashed the boot.img onto phone. Reboot.

Everythings working!

Not sure if every step I did was necesarry, but its working great now. I think it had something to do with not completely wiping before the first install. Hope it works out for you.
22nd May 2014, 10:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkusc

FIXED!!!!!!

I did get the error saying setup has stopped. Here's what I did to fix it.

From black screen. Reboot into recovery mode. Did a full wipe of my phone (cache, dalvik, system, data, just delete everything...everything will be gone).

Unzipped viperone.zip on my computer to get the boot.img

From fastboot I used adb sideload to push the viperone.zip onto my phone and installed.

Did not reboot after install

Flashed the boot.img onto phone. Reboot.

Everythings working!

Not sure if every step I did was necesarry, but its working great now. I think it had something to do with not completely wiping before the first install. Hope it works out for you.

Oh I had already tried that and it didn't work What DID work though, was wiping and re-installing without selecting "Complete removal of sense"
17th March 2015, 03:16 AM |#6  

More
Help me plsssss
Holy **** sorry for the language but ****ing a! I have been trying to root my phone all god damn day. Finally I got it going then it boots up has a ****-long process optimizing apps then i go through the regular process of setting up accounts. One minute later the phone starts crashing and says ui isnt working or something along the line of that. Phone goes black and now its saying ANDROID IS UPGRADING STARTING APPs well been looking at that for a while now.
It seems you guys were able to shut your phone off... HOW THE **** DID YOU DO THAT ive help the power down for a long ass time ive held the power with the volume nothing idk what to do at this point. **** YOU ATT for driving me to this point to get 5.0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread