FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

AptX support?

1st June 2014, 03:51 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I found a thread on the OnePlus forums that states there is no mention of aptX support for the One. I know that has something to do with Bluetooth streaming but that's pretty much all I know. Does this mean the OPO may not be able to stream music via Bluetooth in my car? Is it more dependent on my car's hardware? (I've got a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, for the record, and I've tried to google it with no success.) If it can't, even at $350, I'll have to pass. That's a non-negotiable for me. Can someone with more knowledge on the subject please chime in? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1st June 2014, 04:49 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,554

More
Aptx is a new codec for Bluetooth audio. Most devices don't even support it right now. As long as as A2DP and AVRCP are supported you should be fine. I don't think cm supports aptx but aptx isn't related to whether or not you can steam music in your car.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
1st June 2014, 06:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Yeah. Probably even your sonata sound system doesn't support aptx codec.
1st June 2014, 06:49 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,554

More
A bit more info.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AptX

I would be curious though if the oneplus one supports aptx. I'm thinking probably not.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
25th June 2014, 10:34 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
According to the Oneplus Forums it doesn't. However my 3 year old HTC One X does, so APTX definitely isn't that new.

This is going to make me rethink about whether I actually want this phone or not....
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerDurdenK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2015, 03:49 AM |#6  
Flag Pinconning, MI
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Google isn't bringing up any recent information on this topic here, other than a general consensus that the opo *probably* doesn't have aptx. But some mentions that it might be add able? Any ideas on this? Or further information that my Google-fu missed?

I didn't really care before, but I've got a high end Bluetooth speaker coming in the mail, it supports aptx, and so I'm curious thanks all!
24th January 2015, 04:16 AM |#7  
Flag Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 521

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlo07

I found a thread on the OnePlus forums that states there is no mention of aptX support for the One. I know that has something to do with Bluetooth streaming but that's pretty much all I know. Does this mean the OPO may not be able to stream music via Bluetooth in my car? Is it more dependent on my car's hardware? (I've got a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, for the record, and I've tried to google it with no success.) If it can't, even at $350, I'll have to pass. That's a non-negotiable for me. Can someone with more knowledge on the subject please chime in? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My friend has the same exact car as you and my OnePlus One running CM12 nightlies works perfectly fine via bluetooth. This includes streaming music and answering calls for me.
24th January 2015, 01:46 PM |#8  
Flag Pinconning, MI
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalityBoyZahy

My friend has the same exact car as you and my OnePlus One running CM12 nightlies works perfectly fine via bluetooth. This includes streaming music and answering calls for me.

That's pretty cool! Yeah the Bluetooth should work fine for most things, but what's being discussed now is higher quality Bluetooth, a special codec called 'aptx'. Bluetooth should work fine without it, but just standard quality only.
12th March 2015, 05:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
To clarify things Herr.

Aptx is a propyitary codec by CSR. BT devices supporting aptx also work without.
However Theres a major difference in audio lag and quality.
Aptx is way supirrior over regular BT IF your sound device is good enought or you wanna watch movies.

On cheap speakers you probably won't hear much difference. On high end headphones you will never go back to regular BT once you had aptx.

That said only a handful of manufacturer support it. Also cyanogen doesn't.
Its not only software but also hardware.
BTW its not just a codec running over the a2dp its a replacement of a2dp
It has almost not lag so watching movies sint a pia and the lowlatency aptx variant has practically no lag

Aptx was initially for pro. BT devices like wireless mics and monitor phones on a production level (studio, concert ...) and sadly there's no alternative right now even close to its performance
The Following User Says Thank You to bofh999 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2015, 10:50 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bofh999

Its not only software but also hardware.

Generally it's implemented in software on the phone (or PC) and hardware in the receiver (headphones, car, etc.) really depends on the processing power available on either end. With that in mind it is technically feasible to deploy support to existing phone, it just needs to be licensed and coded into the platform.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread