FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] proscan root

3rd June 2014, 08:41 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anyone had a successful root on a plt7602g. I have tried a couple different methods.

18th March 2015, 05:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooting the PLT7602G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallanm

Has anyone had a successful root on a plt7602g. I have tried a couple different methods.

The Curtis Proscan PLT7602G comes partially pre-rooted with an "su" binary that gives root only from adb, so rooting it is very simple.

1. Download the "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP" for SuperSU using the link in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

2. Install adb on your computer and enable adb on the tablet. http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

3. Connect the tablet to the computer. Allow any necessary device drivers to load. If you don't have appropriate device drivers, download them and install, then reconnect the tablet. I don't remember if I needed any special drivers for this tablet, but if all else fails, try googling for the "Unrevoked" USB driver.

4. At the command prompt on the computer enter "adb devices". You should see the device listed. If not, repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary to get everything working together.
C:\Users\entropy>adb devices
List of devices attached
CD1LBROR50 device
C:\Users\entropy>
5. Extract the SuperSU zip on your computer, and copy armv7\su onto the tablet's internal SD memory (navigate to Computer >> PLT7602G >> NAND FLASH and copy the armv7 su binary in there). There are several su binaries for different architectures, so make sure you used the one from the armv7 directory.

6. At the command prompt on the computer enter "adb shell". You should connect to the device and get a shell prompt.
C:\Users\entropy>adb shell
shell@android:/ $
7. At the shell prompt, enter "su". You should now have a root prompt.
shell@android:/ $ su
shell@android:/ #
8. At this point you are running the adb-only su binary that came with the tablet. Enter the following commands at the root prompt to replace it with the su binary from SuperSU:
cd /
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd /system/xbin
mv su su.stock
cp /storage/sdcard0/su su
chown 0:0 su
chmod 6755 su
cd /
mount -o ro,remount /system
9. On the tablet, go to the play store, download and install the latest SuperSU, or use the Google Play link in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

10. If you didn't use the latest version for step 1, SuperSU may prompt you to install a newer su binary when you run it, so go ahead and do that (use Normal mode when prompted).

That's it, the tablet should now be fully rooted. I rooted mine last year and this was typed up mostly from memory, so let me know if you find any errors or if anything is unclear. I hope you find this useful!
Last edited by maximumentropy; 18th March 2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Reference "Proscan" in tablet name
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread