FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Question regarding S5 - G9009D Dual Sim

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mgmartini, Junior Member on 25th May 2014, 09:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi.

I have just brought from China a G9009D Dual Sim Galaxy S5 and just now I realized that it has a "China Use Only Sim Slot - CDMA".

I am from Brazil and I was wishing to use 2 different numbers on it (3G).

Is anyone researching if there a way to change this? I.e: Make both Sim card slots 3G and Quadband?

Thank you!

2nd July 2014, 04:05 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Anyone can help?
6th August 2014, 09:55 AM |#3  

More
Rooting G9009D
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmartini

Anyone can help?

Can any of the Android Gurus provide a step-by-step procedure to root the G5 Dual Sim (G9009D) UAE version?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by vishbin; 6th August 2014 at 12:21 PM.
6th August 2014, 11:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 674

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmartini

I have just brought from China a G9009D Dual Sim Galaxy S5 and just now I realized that it has a "China Use Only Sim Slot - CDMA".

I am from Brazil and I was wishing to use 2 different numbers on it (3G).

Is anyone researching if there a way to change this? I.e: Make both Sim card slots 3G and Quadband?

You probably can't do that. Only one slot is GSM, the other is CDMA. You'd need a different model to support two GSM numbers.. the sm-900fd duos appears to have dual GSM SIM slots.

In any event, there is a thread that collates all of the information on the Chinese model that you have. Do a search and look for details there. You'd also find a better audience for your model as the people in that thread have the same goals and model as you.

5th December 2014, 08:28 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I unlocked my s5 sm-g9009d
Here is the solution

1- In the dial pad, enter "* # 0011 #", will enter ServiceMode interface (if no response, just wait a while and try again)
2- Click on the top right corner of the three-point menu, press Click "Back", then click on menu, select "Key Input", enter a capital Q, point "OK", and then point to the menu, select "Key Input", enter "000000", click "OK".
3- patiently waiting for 5-10 seconds, will enter the "Main Menu" menu, click "[2] UE SETTINGS & INFO", "[1] SETTING", "[1] PROTOCOL", "[3] CDMA" , "[9] CTC SIM LOCK", "[1] SIM Lock", "[2] Disable SIM Lock is"
4- when you see the future "SIM Lock is Disabled", turn off the phone, insert your UIM in slot one.

It should work now
19th March 2015, 10:52 AM |#6  

More
samsung g9009d
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiq5

Here is the solution

1- In the dial pad, enter "* # 0011 #", will enter ServiceMode interface (if no response, just wait a while and try again)
2- Click on the top right corner of the three-point menu, press Click "Back", then click on menu, select "Key Input", enter a capital Q, point "OK", and then point to the menu, select "Key Input", enter "000000", click "OK".
3- patiently waiting for 5-10 seconds, will enter the "Main Menu" menu, click "[2] UE SETTINGS & INFO", "[1] SETTING", "[1] PROTOCOL", "[3] CDMA" , "[9] CTC SIM LOCK", "[1] SIM Lock", "[2] Disable SIM Lock is"
4- when you see the future "SIM Lock is Disabled", turn off the phone, insert your UIM in slot one.

It should work now

Ok, I tried to put a sim card in the 1st slot and the message is that the slot is empty. Is necessarely to insert a special sim? At step 4 appear "Sim Lock is Dissable (*)

Thank you in advance for support
Last edited by iorto; 19th March 2015 at 11:33 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread