Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,791

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtermmin

Oh, I didn't know that. Walking 20 feet from my room to my front door makes my PFX go from 2 bars @12Mbps, to 5 bars @100Mbps. Guess I live right next to a tower and didn't even know it!
But yeah, 2 bars to 5 bars in the span of 20 feet. Feel it has more to do with building penetration than distance to the nearest tower.

It absolutely does, you could really be close to the tower, but something is obstructing the signal.
19th March 2015, 05:38 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

It absolutely does, you could really be close to the tower, but something is obstructing the signal.

Yes, it's called the walls of my house. Hence 2 bars inside vs 5 right outside my front door.
Not sure why you're bring up this whole "distance to the tower" thing, since it's obviously because of building penetration.
19th March 2015, 06:36 PM   |  #33  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtermmin

Yes, it's called the walls of my house. Hence 2 bars inside vs 5 right outside my front door.
Not sure why you're bring up this whole "distance to the tower" thing, since it's obviously because of building penetration.

No need to be rude. I brought up the bars because that's what they represent, distance to a tower. They CAN be manipulated by building penetration but the bars represent distance to the nearest tower. That's why I said it, I was correcting you.
19th March 2015, 10:41 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

No need to be rude. I brought up the bars because that's what they represent, distance to a tower. They CAN be manipulated by building penetration but the bars represent distance to the nearest tower. That's why I said it, I was correcting you.

Sorry it sounded like that, but I just don't get what you were trying to correct in my original post.
20th March 2015, 01:37 AM   |  #35  
Flag Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello. I had a question while we're on the subject of using the PFX of T-Mobile. Now this phone supposedly is VOLTE and AMR-WB (HD voice) compatible. However, I am not able to take advantage of this feature while talking to another T-Mobile customer with an HD voice compatible phone. My G2 is able to do it without any issues. I cannot find an option in settings anywhere where I can enable it. T-Mobile CS say it is because it is not a T-Mobile device. Is this true?
20th March 2015, 01:52 AM   |  #36  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_in_VB

Hello. I had a question while we're on the subject of using the PFX of T-Mobile. Now this phone supposedly is VOLTE and AMR-WB (HD voice) compatible. However, I am not able to take advantage of this feature while talking to another T-Mobile customer with an HD voice compatible phone. My G2 is able to do it without any issues. I cannot find an option in settings anywhere where I can enable it. T-Mobile CS say it is because it is not a T-Mobile device. Is this true?

Yes that's why.
20th March 2015, 02:38 AM   |  #37  
Flag Virginia Beach
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you don't mind me asking, what makes it incompatible? I mean it uses the same codec that T-Mobile has deployed for HD Voice. And the iPhone 6 (A1549) can be used with Verizon, At&t, or T-Mobile and is compatible with Volte/HD Voice using any of those networks. Just baffled by this.
20th March 2015, 07:01 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 29

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken1

Would love confirmation on the Tmobile network compatibility, this thing is like $199 now, anyone willing to post screenshots?

Not going to post screenshots, if you choose not to believe me for whatever reason that is fine with me.

But it works just fine on T-Mobile LTE here in Schenectady, NY. I use it for my primary internet connection as well with the WiFi Router AP app.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwicks

I used Kinga Root to root mine. Works well on T-Mobile. After rooting it, I cleared some of the AT&T software off of it. The only feature missing is tethering, which can be had using a paid app. I'll do that when I next need to tether if another solution is not found by then.

It's VERY picky with tether apps as well, as it seems most of them these days simply bring you to the built-in tethering options.

I downloaded a $2.50 app from Play Store called WiFi Tether Router and it works extremely well.

There is also a database file you can edit to make the built-in tether stop checking in with AT&T (that's what causes it to fail); however for $2.50 this app is much easier.
20th March 2015, 07:08 PM   |  #39  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_in_VB

If you don't mind me asking, what makes it incompatible? I mean it uses the same codec that T-Mobile has deployed for HD Voice. And the iPhone 6 (A1549) can be used with Verizon, At&t, or T-Mobile and is compatible with Volte/HD Voice using any of those networks. Just baffled by this.

Simple answer is because it's not a T-Mobile phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread