FORUMS

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

Tab Pro 8.4-how I fixed oversensitive screen

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By dorpmuller, Member on 16th April 2014, 05:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th September 2014, 12:20 AM |#31  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpto32

Thanks a lot!!! Mine is T-320, I installed T320XXU1BND3 and the problem is completely gone! I didn't have to wipe. All apps and settings from the original rom remained. No knox trip. Here is the link with intructions, if someone is interested: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29095

Bad news. The solution didn't last, after some days the problem went back. I also tried every possible combination in "SGS screen booster" with no luck. Unfortunately I will have to send the tablet to customer supoort.

30th September 2014, 04:36 PM |#32  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 154

More
I added a tempered glass screen protector last night and it reduced the screen's over sensitivity to normal. I recommend trying a glass screen protector to reduce sensitivity.
1st December 2014, 02:00 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
SGS Booster DOES WORK (at least it seems like it)
Ok, so I picked up a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 from BestBuy for $199, like the tablet at first but the touch sensitivity was driving me nuts, it was almost impossible to rearrange icons on the home screen. I thought the deal was a bust and was about to return the tablet when I found this thread.

After installing SGS Booster, I was disappointed at first because it didn't seem to make a difference. I was Googling around some more when it dawned on me that there was a "start service on boot" checkbox. I enabled the option and gave it a reboot just for grins and giggles, instant improvement. I have the sensitivity set to 52 and I lowered the minimum motion to 1 (from default of 3).

I don't know if it will continue to help (others have reported that after a wipe its better only for a short time), but hopefully it's a solution.
1st December 2014, 06:50 AM |#34  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 312

More
I think it can be hardware defect.
Now I have two tab pro and found the following
The one with warm white has touchscreen problem
The one with cool white is perfect.
Moreover, I realized the one with problem fits roocase while the good one doesn't fit at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to mingkee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 05:21 PM |#35  

More
Are these different model numbers or build numbers? How can they be a different size? Are the kernal version numbers different? Please let us know. Something must be different.
Thanks
14th December 2014, 09:32 PM |#36  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwds

Are these different model numbers or build numbers? How can they be a different size? Are the kernal version numbers different? Please let us know. Something must be different.
Thanks

They're with exactly same ROM (build number, kernel version, Android version, and NK1 ROM). I suspect it's hardware issue.
Touch on the good one is 100% perfect with no scrolling interruption or wrong touch even a glass plate has been installed.
Note: Brando one is pretty good though QC can be questionable. If you found something wrong (the first one has some chipping on one side), take a pic and send an email and they will send a replacement for free.
22nd January 2015, 06:27 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks dude. I bought the tab a while back and rooted/installed cm12. The sensitivity issue started bothering me soon. Screen protector installed. I used your guidance, and the problem is gone. Thanks a lot

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app
4th February 2015, 04:47 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelhappy

Ok, so I picked up a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 from BestBuy for $199, like the tablet at first but the touch sensitivity was driving me nuts, it was almost impossible to rearrange icons on the home screen. I thought the deal was a bust and was about to return the tablet when I found this thread.

After installing SGS Booster, I was disappointed at first because it didn't seem to make a difference. I was Googling around some more when it dawned on me that there was a "start service on boot" checkbox. I enabled the option and gave it a reboot just for grins and giggles, instant improvement. I have the sensitivity set to 52 and I lowered the minimum motion to 1 (from default of 3).

I don't know if it will continue to help (others have reported that after a wipe its better only for a short time), but hopefully it's a solution.

Thanks for these settings. I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE SM-T325 running CM11. This app with the settings you listed worked well for me.
21st March 2015, 04:26 PM |#39  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS

Thanks for these settings. I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE SM-T325 running CM11. This app with the settings you listed worked well for me.

For the sake of full disclosure, I ended up returning the Tab Pro 8.4 because the problem came back repeatedly. It was a shame. Worst part is that BestBuy didn't have any more to try another and now they're back up in price. For $200 I would have tried another to get a decent working one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread