Free UNLOCK Note2

Search This thread

emikpogi

Jul 5, 2014
I have note 2 ATT 4.4.2 NE5 firmware was upgraded using OTA, It is safe to flash LJ2 using odin? has anyone done this before on NE5?

mrxup

Apr 4, 2011
I have a rooted at&t sgh-i317 4.4.2 NJ1 does this fix changing to an old modem/radio fix can be used in my phone as I saw in the youtube video .note: in the video is 4.3 thanks in advance

atrocks

Sep 9, 2010
Copied from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

=======================================

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...

Quote:
Unlock your N7105:
Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

Squida

Dec 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
All i get when dialing the number is, Mobile network not available, using SlimKat Rom

Also tried using this ROM >HERE<

And now it does not do anything, my guess is the ROM does not have the files to boot using the dial pad.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

xtacydima

May 10, 2010
I followed all the steps and it worked - tested with a different carrier sim to be sure!!!

Just one question, I downgraded to version 2 of the modem but now the link is broken to go back to version 4.
Can someone repost the file please, or can a newer version at this point in time be recommended to use that is perhaps newer or better than version 4?

LKJEFoi234

Dec 19, 2016
I followed all the steps and it worked - tested with a different carrier sim to be sure!!!

Just one question, I downgraded to version 2 of the modem but now the link is broken to go back to version 4.
Can someone repost the file please, or can a newer version at this point in time be recommended to use that is perhaps newer or better than version 4?

Sammobile.com should have the latest firmware. You should be able to flash the firmware, which includes the newest modem. Then re-root, and install whatever ROM you want. This worked on my S5.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
AT&T never released the full firmware for any ROM beyond 4.1.2. Newer ROMs were only released as OTA updates so the usual site, like updato and sammobile, will not have the firmware.

Try searching XDA for stock firmware files.

oolloo

Jun 6, 2018
Not illegal to carrier/SIM unlock also not dmca

Some people believe that you still need to get permission from the carrier to unlock the phone to switch to another service even if your contract is over.

Here's a link to the docket for you legal buffs/lawyers who want to translate it for us:
Deleted as I don't have 10 posts

Frankly, it's not going to stop people, and it's going to take a lot for cell phone companies to enforce such a thing. There are people out there, such as Craigslist, who buy new phones and renew their contract, but continue using their old phone and simply turn around and sell their new phone at full price.

Thanks for the link however this website is used outside of the USA and in 5 if the g7 countries incl Canada it is not illegal to unlock even if a balance is owed up to Dec 2017. The rule stated that they must provide you with unlock code once you've subscribed for 90 days. They charged a $50 fee and made millions. However as of Dec 2017 a new Law cane into effect stating that it's ILLEGAL to sell carrier locked phones in Canada. Regardless of balance etc. I've unlocked gs3, 4, 5, 7, 8 by simply calling carrier and stating I want the unlock code and giving them model and imei.

Re DMCA. It stands for Digital Millenium Copyright Act the last two letters. There is nothing copy written about a lock on or off. LMAO its not anything. Also it's a U.S. law brought in by Bill Clinton .

This site is worldwide and would do well to keep info up and available as it will be used legally at least in Canada . As its legal and free to unlock your phone's. That's the Law. Look it up or call any reputable Canada cell dealer. Or 1800samsung ask for Canada agent .

The caveat is that some Samsung agents may claim phones not Canadian or in thier database. All you can do is call back or goto a dealer

That happened to me when the agent claimed my
Note 2 bell sgh-i317m. Imei code was not in thier database or my i said are you sure it's got a bell mobility SIM working. Said same about my s1 captivate . Not sure why that is but as I said s3-s8 no issues code over the phone.

force70

Thanks for the link however this website is used outside of the USA and in 5 if the g7 countries incl Canada it is not illegal to unlock even if a balance is owed up to Dec 2017. The rule stated that they must provide you with unlock code once you've subscribed for 90 days. They charged a $50 fee and made millions. However as of Dec 2017 a new Law cane into effect stating that it's ILLEGAL to sell carrier locked phones in Canada. Regardless of balance etc. I've unlocked gs3, 4, 5, 7, 8 by simply calling carrier and stating I want the unlock code and giving them model and imei.

Re DMCA. It stands for Digital Millenium Copyright Act the last two letters. There is nothing copy written about a lock on or off. LMAO its not anything. Also it's a U.S. law brought in by Bill Clinton .

This site is worldwide and would do well to keep info up and available as it will be used legally at least in Canada . As its legal and free to unlock your phone's. That's the Law. Look it up or call any reputable Canada cell dealer. Or 1800samsung ask for Canada agent .

The caveat is that some Samsung agents may claim phones not Canadian or in thier database. All you can do is call back or goto a dealer

That happened to me when the agent claimed my
Note 2 bell sgh-i317m. Imei code was not in thier database or my i said are you sure it's got a bell mobility SIM working. Said same about my s1 captivate . Not sure why that is but as I said s3-s8 no issues code over the phone.

Lol, congrats you just quoted a post from 2013 :eek:

I still have my Note 2 as im sure a few others do also but there is very little support here for it now so many years later. I think there a re still a rom or two going but thats about it

sent from my Exynos S9 plus, Pixel 2 XL or Note FE

Last edited:
Reactions: audit13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Copied from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34661189&postcount=1

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

=======================================

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...

Quote:
    Unlock your N7105:
    Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1 otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.
    The information in this thread is now illegal.

Thanks for digging this long buried thread up just to tell us that...?
    does not work on bell note 2 after the update to 4.1.2 should have done this sooner i guess.

Best thing to do is, go to ODIN flash the original 4.1.1 stock with supersu if you want. And then try the unlock code, and then unlock it, and then re-update the software with ODIN again to 4.1.2 or over OTA. Best part of linux is you can always downgrade and upgrade.
    The information in this thread is now illegal.

Wrong. Illegal my butt. I paid full price for mine and will do as I please. Many here have done the same. Don't be spreading the wrong information
    I get "connection problem or invalid MMI code" on my AT&T I317.

You might have to be on a touchwiz based ROM. I remember from my Galaxy S/Note1 days that the samsung service codes don't work on CM ROMs. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

I'm on TELUS I317MVLALJ2/CLEANROM ACE 4.0.5 and it worked great. Tested with a ROGERS SIM.