CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

can't boot into recovery mode

2nd December 2014, 03:38 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A|ex

ok I fixed mine, recovery did not support partition upon boot hence why it did not load

Hello !
I'm having the same issue, my Xperia Z2 (fw 23.0.1.A.0.167) won't boot into recovery, I tried every method possible but the light never turns green on start.
Could you please tell me how you fixed yours ?
Thanks in advance !

2nd December 2014, 07:28 PM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,973

4,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Recovry partition isnt supported unless suported by the kernel

M5-kernel for lolipop CM12 supports this but thats CM12 and not stock

I recomend using one of the many adv stock kernels since they are bundled with a recovery
15th January 2015, 01:57 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Angry
Hello friends I have the same problem, my xperia z2 isn't booting into recovery mode neither by the hardware keys nor by adb although the usb debugging is turned on, when I use "adb reboot recovery" cmd the phone boots up normally.

Note: the notification light doesn't light when the phone boots.
Another question: if I flashed acustom recovery could I receive the official lollipop update?
Please help me...
28th January 2015, 07:42 PM |#24  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 26

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moba1700

Hello friends I have the same problem, my xperia z2 isn't booting into recovery mode neither by the hardware keys nor by adb although the usb debugging is turned on, when I use "adb reboot recovery" cmd the phone boots up normally.

Note: the notification light doesn't light when the phone boots.
Another question: if I flashed acustom recovery could I receive the official lollipop update?
Please help me...

If you havent already fixed it. Fastboot flash (fastboot flash boot boot.img) a advanced stock kernel like this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...tirom-t3005894 that includes a recovery.
23rd March 2015, 06:32 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crevis

If you havent already fixed it. Fastboot flash (fastboot flash boot boot.img) a advanced stock kernel like this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...tirom-t3005894 that includes a recovery.

I have the same problem. No stock recovery available (no flashing light). Trying to install other recoveries doesn't work, either hangs or returns an error.
Trying to install a different kernel stops at "waiting for device".
Brand new phone, nothing done to it.
I'm stuck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread