Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] TRACKMYSHARES - Equity Tracker application

OP troyantonio

23rd March 2010, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Trackmyshares is an equity portfolio tracker.
With Trackmyshares you can keep your equity portfolio under control using this easy to use program. This Windows based solution will grab (Delayed) equity prices to show you your bottom line Profit & Loss at the touch of a button. Start the app, add some symbols and Get Tracking, It couldn't be simpler! *Please note this application requires an active data connection to retrieve equity prices*

Features:
  • Input an unlimited number of equities to your portfolio
  • Keep up to date with the latest prices on-the-go
  • Get instant portfolio valuations
  • Friendly user interface and optimized screen layout
  • 15 minute Delayed Prices
  • Optimised for the HTC LEO

Prerequisites .NET 3.5

The demo is valid until 30th April 2010. If you like the application you can download it from the Windows Marketplace....Name = Trackmyshares

Installation:

Download the mobile installer (.cab file) to your desktop. Sync with your mobile phone and copy the .cab installer to your phone. From your phone go to Programs -> File Explorer, navigate to the .cab file and select it. The Installer should do the rest.

Questions / comments / bug reports are welcome.
* please post on this thread, and not on a private message
* report any error messages you got from the software
* when reporting first check if your question haven't been asked or your bug haven't been reported yet.
* don't forget to mention your type of device, os/rom version and type of internet connection used.

UPDATE 24.MAR.2010
Screenshots can be viewed by visiting my website trackmyshares.co.uk, I'm a noob so I cannot link to outside urls for my images ;(

UPDATE 28.APR.2010
REMINDER: The demo is valid until 30th April 2010. If you like the application you can download it from the Windows Marketplace....Name = Trackmyshares. If you want to preserve your portfolio, please ensure that you make a copy of the stocks.xml file which can be located in the program files\Trackmyshares folder, and then copy it back once you have purchased the app.[/B][/U]

UPDATE 24.JUN.2010
REMINDER: The demo is valid until 31st July 2010. If you like the application you can download it from the Windows Marketplace....Name = Trackmyshares. If you want to preserve your portfolio, please ensure that you make a copy of the stocks.xml file which can be located in the program files\Trackmyshares folder, and then copy it back once you have purchased the app.[/B][/U]
Attached Files
File Type: cab Trackmyshares.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (1.17 MB, 120 views)
Last edited by troyantonio; 24th June 2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: New Update of the app
24th March 2010, 10:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

644 posts
More
sounds nice. please share some screenshots thanks
27th March 2010, 01:48 PM   |  #3  
Retired News Writer
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5

429 posts
More
Here you go:

Looks pretty good
30th March 2010, 07:33 AM   |  #4  

13 posts
Hope you can have pricing similar to iphone apps of $1 ? *wishful thinking?*

It would be a definite buy if you can do something similar to bloomberg portfolio tracker.

I am accessing that currently from opera and the whole portfolio fits into the screen in landscape mode perfectly

I buy shares in Hongkong, Singapore, Australia and denominate them in Singapore dollars.
30th March 2010, 03:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Hi wj888,

The app is currently on the UK marketplace for 3.19 . It has similar functionality to the bloomberg portfolio tracker, but it looks like my information has been spread over two main screens instead one wide landscape screen. I dont record the purchase date or the % portfolio but everything else is the same. These two changes I could make relatively easily.

The stocks that you can access are limited to what is available on the yahoo finance website, due to that being the underlying data source.

Thanks for your post.
31st March 2010, 11:18 PM   |  #6  

4 posts
works great (hd2), thanks a lot
19th April 2010, 10:59 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyantonio

The stocks that you can access are limited to what is available on the yahoo finance website, due to that being the underlying data source.

Is it possible for you to add a feature where the data source could be pulled from somewhere else? Some of my stocks are not available on the yahoo finance website (Helsinki, Oslo, Stockholm Exchanges)
20th April 2010, 09:56 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Hi there it may prove to be a bit difficult since I may end up with a situation of one data source per stock exchange but I will investigate.

Thanks.
27th April 2010, 11:53 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyantonio

Hi there it may prove to be a bit difficult since I may end up with a situation of one data source per stock exchange but I will investigate.

Thanks.

Would be extremely useful if end-users can actually choose their data source from a list of sources. A working version with me a green YES for me
5th May 2010, 06:58 AM   |  #10  

19 posts
Not working on my Tilt 2 ?
I purchased and downloaded the software from marketplace.The application opens, I go to share finder to search stock tickers and add to portfolio.Finds ticker symbols fine

It shows items were added to portfolio.I go back to main poage and none of my stocks show up.I try to EDIT PORTFOLIO or Valuation but they are greyed out.

Quotes delayed is permanently at the bottom.
When I explore the stocks.xml file it is blank.

Am I missing something obvious?

Does PUSH INTERNET need to be enabled?
I disabled the Push Internet feature from my phone to save sys resources.

Thanks
Ron

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
application, finance, hd2
Previous Thread Next Thread