FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

App to turn off screen WITHOUT locking?

15th October 2014, 03:21 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 36

More
What about settings>security >screen lock >none? This is what I did and it works great 😊

- Josh

28th November 2014, 02:17 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530elf13

I'm in the same situation with my G3, did you ever find a solution?

Try setting up Lock timer and unchecking power button locks instantly in lock screen settings (I don't know exact translations, sorry).
I have timer set to 30 seconds so if I turn screen off and immediately recall I wanted to do something, screen is not locked yet.
These settings should be available on every Android device, I was using it even on my old Nexus S. I only noticed on G2 that if I'm using knock code, screen can't be turned back on using simple double tap even within timer interval and I have to use knock code. But power button asks for code only after timer interval.
Last edited by jenda.69; 28th November 2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Apparently, Google+ formatting doesn't work here. :)
29th January 2015, 10:37 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Smart Unlock
Hey. Sounds like you need the app 'Smart Unlock' from the Play Store. It's been developed by some off the top guys from XDA.

It works by turning off the need to enter the lock screen pin/pattern when you're connected to a safe or known Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth device.

For example when you're at home just tell smart unlock that it can trust your WiFi network and BAM! Never need to enter the unlock pin again once connected to that network. It will bypass it completely and just present you with your home screen. Sounds exactly what you're looking for 😀
The Following User Says Thank You to dumbledore78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2015, 05:32 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbledore78

Hey. Sounds like you need the app 'Smart Unlock' from the Play Store. It's been developed by some off the top guys from XDA.

It works by turning off the need to enter the lock screen pin/pattern when you're connected to a safe or known Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth device.

For example when you're at home just tell smart unlock that it can trust your WiFi network and BAM! Never need to enter the unlock pin again once connected to that network. It will bypass it completely and just present you with your home screen. Sounds exactly what you're looking for 😀

Thanks just bought it
The Following User Says Thank You to drynyks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2015, 07:56 PM |#15  
Nashville
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbledore78

It's not quite the same either. Because it still requires you to be connected to a wifi network or bt device and it does not work on the go, but more of a area based situation.

I am also still looking for an app that can turn off screen without locking the device, essentially mimicking the power button entirely. I want to leave in place the locking ability of the OS after 15 seconds-30 minutes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread