FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[LIST] KitKat Bloatware || Safe-To-Remove System Apps of 4.4.2

3rd January 2015, 02:54 AM |#41  
Flag Mountain View, California
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Question If I remove them, will it F up my phone??
I want to know if I remove them, will it F up my phone??
I have a Rooted HTC One M7 that's all up to date: android 4.4.2 HTC sense v6.0 Software v5.03.651.3
Blinkfeed = "launcherUpdateScreen.apk" I have Blinkfeed turned off (so I don't see it) but I'm not sure If its ok to remove it,
it may be hook into the UI, I say this because the OS will not let me disable it & the name of the apk is launcherUpdateScreen

Gmail.apk I have been reading about removing this
& just can't find any real answers to the ?
I did read that by removing the Gmail.apk app can F up other apps like Talk & hangouts
well I don't use those app nor do I have them installed.
are there any other apps that would not work because I removed gmail???

7th January 2015, 11:31 PM |#42  

More
On my S-G-3, running 4.4.2, I also removed:

Deep Sea (a screen saver?)
Samsung TTS (Text To Speach)
Google TTS

And a big thanks for the list, Caleb.
5th February 2015, 06:58 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking Thank you, question about a few other apps
I can't express how satisfying it was using Titanium to literally rip 99% of these apps out of my phone like so much dead weeds.

I'm on a freshly towel-rooted i545VRUFNC5 that was ODIN restored/rolled back from the latest OTA that doesn't have root yet. (apologies I can't recall the baseband version) so while the list posted by OP was about 95% what I saw on my device, I see a number of additional items I"m curious if I can remove. They appear similar to what was listed but not mentioned specifically. I cautiously ask first, as my history of venturing off on my own resulted in me being too "uninstall happy" and soft bricking the phone. So hoping someone has feedback on whether any of the following can be removed as well.

Thanks again! Also, going to install the NoBloat app as well, see if it picks up on any of these, if so will update.

DirectShareManager
Drama
Drive
Dual Clock
Isis Mobile Wallet
Photo Editor
Picasa Uploader
S Health
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Cloud Quota
Samsung Hub
Samsung Learning
Samsung Link
Samsung SBrowser SyncAdapter
Samsung Snote Syncadapters
Samsung Video
SamsungHub Updater (Assoc with Samsung Hub assuming)
Share music
Share video
Story Album
Story Album Widget
TouchWiz easy home
Travel (Travel wallpaper listed but this is not)
Video Player
Voice recorder
Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct Share

Edit: Ok, noBloat is a root system app remover, doesn't appear to have a white or blacklist of apps already deemed safe to remove.

I've noticed that removing just the items from OP's list that I occasionally get the popup that SamsungHub has crashed, which I hope indicates that it can be removed once and for all
Last edited by djdubyah; 5th February 2015 at 07:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djdubyah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2015, 09:47 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wanted to post a note since no response as of yet to report findings. Was able to additionally remove direct share manager, drive, dual clock, is is mobile wallet, everything samsung, picasa uploader travel and the wifi direct & share.
Issues: I can't take pictures and have them save to the SD, gives an error that it isn't accessible but believe SD card might be failing so not 100% related. Will test once home with a format and different SD card. Secondly, I have a smart cover that when closed displays time and notifications in a window but clock is now gone, so might have jumped gun removing the dual clock... I guess having a description of each item wouldn't be a bad idea. It's not a deal breaker. Phone is smoking fast and happy no errors other than sd. If it does seem issue related to bloat strip will Odin restore and test after each uninstall
11th February 2015, 12:28 AM |#45  
OP Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdubyah

I can't express how satisfying it was using Titanium to literally rip 99% of these apps out of my phone like so much dead weeds.

I'm on a freshly towel-rooted i545VRUFNC5 that was ODIN restored/rolled back from the latest OTA that doesn't have root yet. (apologies I can't recall the baseband version) so while the list posted by OP was about 95% what I saw on my device, I see a number of additional items I"m curious if I can remove. They appear similar to what was listed but not mentioned specifically. I cautiously ask first, as my history of venturing off on my own resulted in me being too "uninstall happy" and soft bricking the phone. So hoping someone has feedback on whether any of the following can be removed as well.

Thanks again! Also, going to install the NoBloat app as well, see if it picks up on any of these, if so will update.

DirectShareManager
Drama
Drive
Dual Clock
Isis Mobile Wallet
Photo Editor
Picasa Uploader
S Health
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Cloud Quota
Samsung Hub
Samsung Learning
Samsung Link
Samsung SBrowser SyncAdapter
Samsung Snote Syncadapters
Samsung Video
SamsungHub Updater (Assoc with Samsung Hub assuming)
Share music
Share video
Story Album
Story Album Widget
TouchWiz easy home
Travel (Travel wallpaper listed but this is not)
Video Player
Voice recorder
Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct Share

Edit: Ok, noBloat is a root system app remover, doesn't appear to have a white or blacklist of apps already deemed safe to remove.

I've noticed that removing just the items from OP's list that I occasionally get the popup that SamsungHub has crashed, which I hope indicates that it can be removed once and for all

These mostly seem to be safe-to-remove to me...the only ones I'm not positive about are Drama (?...not sure what that is) and the WiFi ones...I'd keep those two, and maybe the DirectShare Manager too. They're most likely not doing anything unless you manually activate them. As far as Picassa Uploader, I'm not positive, but I think you will most likely run into issues with sharing photos to FaceBook and maybe even a bunch of other sites.
Safest way is to freeze 'em for about a week, see if you get any FC's.
Last edited by calebcabob; 11th February 2015 at 12:37 AM.
11th February 2015, 01:00 AM |#46  
OP Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdubyah

Wanted to post a note since no response as of yet to report findings. Was able to additionally remove direct share manager, drive, dual clock, is is mobile wallet, everything samsung, picasa uploader travel and the wifi direct & share.
Issues: I can't take pictures and have them save to the SD, gives an error that it isn't accessible but believe SD card might be failing so not 100% related. Will test once home with a format and different SD card. Secondly, I have a smart cover that when closed displays time and notifications in a window but clock is now gone, so might have jumped gun removing the dual clock... I guess having a description of each item wouldn't be a bad idea. It's not a deal breaker. Phone is smoking fast and happy no errors other than sd. If it does seem issue related to bloat strip will Odin restore and test after each uninstall

Oh no! ALWAYS freeze if you aren't sure! You need to just restore Picassa Uploader I think. BTW, thanks for your additions. I updated OP!
15th February 2015, 07:20 AM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Someone else did this self teaching removal tool that barely worked, and I decided to try this manually any who. Would have been nice to run into this list a few months ago. Did it' manually anyways in the end. This is nice. I think I may go through again and see what else I can get rid of, and with KNOX on the list that a few for sure.

Kudos
Last edited by D3Seeker; 15th February 2015 at 07:23 AM.
24th March 2015, 05:58 AM |#48  

More
Thanks for the list!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
freeze, safely, safely remove, system apps, uninstall
Previous Thread Next Thread