Must Have App Review: Spider Squisher Pro Extreme

Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we … more

OnePlus DR-1 Quadcopter Drone Available for Purchase

OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a … more

KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Can't Access Internal SD Card - Need original platform.xml file

20th June 2014, 11:46 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
So things were going well... I had rooted my S5 thanks to Geohot, was able to install and run Titanium Backup and see my old backups from my last phone. Then when I tried to backup my S5 I ran into the "insufficient space error". A quick Google searched revealed that I needed to edit my platform.xml file to be able to write to my entire External SD. So I did edit platform.xml, reboot the phone and voila.... I can't access either my internal or my external SD card! Far as I can tell, I screwed up my permission in platform.xml.

Can someone please send me their original so that I can hopefully get my phone fixed?

If that doesn't work I may just have to reformat and lose all my data since I can't find any other way to fix permission since I can't run most of the programs on my phone (I can, however, use Solid Explorer).
21st June 2014, 12:17 AM |#2  
Member
Flag Salem, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 11
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Where is the file located? And you need it from a non rooted phone? Just did this for another member today.... I suppose I could do this for you as well.... don't want you to lose all your data bro.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What I did with titanium Bu was use the sdfix https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix and went into preferences in TBU and changed Backup Folder Location to /storage/extSdCard/TitaniumBackUp

This of course assuming you have a micro sd card in the phone. Give me the path to where the file is and I'll grab it for you from my wife's non rooted phone.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Pm sent with the file from my rooted phone that has working permissions... good luck!
21st June 2014, 02:35 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetucu

Where is the file located? And you need it from a non rooted phone? Just did this for another member today.... I suppose I could do this for you as well.... don't want you to lose all your data bro.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What I did with titanium Bu was use the sdfix https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix and went into preferences in TBU and changed Backup Folder Location to /storage/extSdCard/TitaniumBackUp

This of course assuming you have a micro sd card in the phone. Give me the path to where the file is and I'll grab it for you from my wife's non rooted phone.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Pm sent with the file from my rooted phone that has working permissions... good luck!

You're a life saver! The platform.xml file it located in /system/etc/permissions . As I said, I really hope this is all I need to get back to normal...
21st June 2014, 04:38 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morockin

You're a life saver! The platform.xml file it located in /system/etc/permissions . As I said, I really hope this is all I need to get back to normal...

Thanks again for the file, however it does not seem to have done the trick. As far as I can tell, something is happening where the mapping is incorrect for my internal and external SD. I can still access the files for the internal SD through /data/media/0 and the external SD through the media_rw directory, but the "normal" mappings lead to an empty folder. This is a real problem because most of my apps can't run without access to these folders (I have about 6 apps continously FC'ing when I boot up the phone). What do I do?!?!
21st June 2014, 05:18 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304
 
777 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morockin

Thanks again for the file, however it does not seem to have done the trick. As far as I can tell, something is happening where the mapping is incorrect for my internal and external SD. I can still access the files for the internal SD through /data/media/0 and the external SD through the media_rw directory, but the "normal" mappings lead to an empty folder. This is a real problem because most of my apps can't run without access to these folders (I have about 6 apps continously FC'ing when I boot up the phone). What do I do?!?!

I had the same issue. First try a factory reset. If that does not work, then you will need to downgrade, with a factory reset. Just resetting the platform.xml file doesn't work without a factory reset, neither does a factory reset without resetting the platform.xml file. Once you screw up the permissions, then your phone is screwed pretty good. I have a guide in the general section.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2015, 04:33 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg

I had the same issue. First try a factory reset. If that does not work, then you will need to downgrade, with a factory reset. Just resetting the platform.xml file doesn't work without a factory reset, neither does a factory reset without resetting the platform.xml file. Once you screw up the permissions, then your phone is screwed pretty good. I have a guide in the general section.

Could you please direct me to it? I have f'ed my phone in a similar manner and would really like to be able to use it again.
24th March 2015, 06:39 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfish1000

Could you please direct me to it? I have f'ed my phone in a similar manner and would really like to be able to use it again.

Here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785185

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes