Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q]Kitkat and USB mass storage mode

19th January 2015, 05:07 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Cyanogen Mod 12
A little for your information everyone

I installed the cyanogen mod 12 which claimed to have usb mass storage enabled on it.
It does and this works perfectly and I am very pleased with the performance. Just a simple option when you connect the device to change to usb storage.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...od-12-t2943934
The Following User Says Thank You to ramsdaro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2015, 10:12 AM |#52  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 19

137 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atourman

First of all, HUGE thanks to jjdoctor and Alfons_Hetler for their work. I am running KK 4.4.4 on a rooted S4 SGH-M919 (T-Mobile USA), and had no luck with the earlier solutions based on the USB Mass Storage Enabler app (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297888). The following has enabled UMS without a hitch:

1. Download & install SManager script editor from Google Play Store
2. Create folder \KitKatUMS somewhere on the SD card
3. Place UMS & MTP script files from Alfons_Hetler's post (#27) into this new folder
4. Open SManager and open the UMS file
5. Select "Su" (green skull and crossbones icon), "Boot" (cogwheel icon), and "Bg" (& icon). (Note:Selecting "Boot" will ensure that the script enabling UMS mode is automatically run each time the phone starts up )
6. Select "Save" and "Run"

Note: If the phone is still in MTP mode, a one-time selection of Mass Storage Mode may be required within the USB Mass Storage Enabler app. I already had this app on my phone, before coming to this thread, and don't know if it's a prerequisite for having everything work

Thank you thank you thank you!
It worked! After the latest update I had some issues with this, but following your exact steps fixed this and I'm once again able to mount my S4 Mini's card as UMS.
4th February 2015, 09:31 AM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Not working for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by atourman

First of all, HUGE thanks to jjdoctor and Alfons_Hetler for their work. I am running KK 4.4.4 on a rooted S4 SGH-M919 (T-Mobile USA), and had no luck with the earlier solutions based on the USB Mass Storage Enabler app (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2297888). The following has enabled UMS without a hitch:

1. Download & install SManager script editor from Google Play Store
2. Create folder \KitKatUMS somewhere on the SD card
3. Place UMS & MTP script files from Alfons_Hetler's post (#27) into this new folder
4. Open SManager and open the UMS file
5. Select "Su" (green skull and crossbones icon), "Boot" (cogwheel icon), and "Bg" (& icon). (Note:Selecting "Boot" will ensure that the script enabling UMS mode is automatically run each time the phone starts up )
6. Select "Save" and "Run"

Note: If the phone is still in MTP mode, a one-time selection of Mass Storage Mode may be required within the USB Mass Storage Enabler app. I already had this app on my phone, before coming to this thread, and don't know if it's a prerequisite for having everything work

I'm having an issue. Its mounting as a drive, but not a storage device. Its not opening like a storage device normally would. I'm running 4.4.2 Kit Kat on a sch i545. Please help me !!
3rd March 2015, 03:51 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
Man it sucks that I can't connect my S5 to my car head unit. After reading the last few pages, will this method work for the Verizon S5?
22nd March 2015, 12:00 AM |#55  

1 posts
Storage UMS succesful on rooted SG4 I9505
Hi guys

I just came across this thread, trying to get my SG4 I9505 to switch to USB Mass Storage mode, instead of the useless MTP mode.

The app called "Mass Storage Mode Note3*ROOT" from "Sanjo" works for me.
Its a very simple app, that does only and exactly that - switches between UMS and MTP.
UMS-mode sticks around even after disconnecting and reconnecting USB-cable, but after phone-reboot I need to run the app and click "UMS" again.

Please note: The app requires ROOT.
Please note: My SG4 I9505 is running a wanam lite 4.4.2 rom (which is quite close to stock, but much nicer optimized and perfectly stable).

I hope this helps someone out there (this is also my first post here

Best Regards,
Erik
The Following User Says Thank You to mistermester For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2015, 09:01 AM |#56  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 19

137 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermester

Hi guys

I just came across this thread, trying to get my SG4 I9505 to switch to USB Mass Storage mode, instead of the useless MTP mode.

The app called "Mass Storage Mode Note3*ROOT" from "Sanjo" works for me.
Its a very simple app, that does only and exactly that - switches between UMS and MTP.
UMS-mode sticks around even after disconnecting and reconnecting USB-cable, but after phone-reboot I need to run the app and click "UMS" again.

Please note: The app requires ROOT.
Please note: My SG4 I9505 is running a wanam lite 4.4.2 rom (which is quite close to stock, but much nicer optimized and perfectly stable).

I hope this helps someone out there (this is also my first post here

Best Regards,
Erik

Just tested, works on my S4 Mini with KitKat as well.
23rd March 2015, 07:02 PM |#57  

2 posts
This worked for me:
Mass Storage Enable Routine for the External SD Cad on Samsung Galxy S3 I9305 with KitKat Android 4.4.4 Build KTU84P.I9305xxufnl1
1. Root the phone!
2. Update the SU Libraries (SUperSu on PlayStore)!
3. Install Mass Storage Mode Note3*ROOT (PlayStore)!
4. Install SManager (Script Manager , PlayStore)!
5. Create folder KitKatUMS somewhere on the internal SD card!
6. Place the scripts from the ZIP File into the KitKatUMS Folder!
Here is the text of the Enable Script (File Name “Mass Storage Mode”:
setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb
echo /dev/block/vold/179:17 > /sys/devices/platform/s3c-usbgadget/gadget/lun0/file
7. Open the Script File “Mass Storage Mode” with SManager
8. Select "Su" (green skull and crossbones icon), "Boot" (cogwheel icon), and "Bg" (& icon). (Note:Selecting "Boot" will ensure that the script enabling UMS mode is automatically run each time the phone starts up )
9. Select "Save" and "Run"
10. Open the Enabler (Install Mass Storage Mode Note3*ROOT (PlayStore)
11. Select MSM Mode
If the Solution does not work with your phone, try folowing:
- Solution 2: The Path “…*/s3c-usbgadget/gadget/lun0/file” is not correct. Go to /sys/devices/platform/ using File Explorer and try to findout the corect driver path
- Solution 3: “179:17” is not the correct parameter... Open the mounted-devices-list (<root>/proc/mount) with text editor and look for the access parameter of your SD card.

For instance look for similar text: “/dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/media_rw/extsdCard vfat

Usually “179:17” or “s3c-usbgadget” are to be replaced with the proper values.
JJdoctor used in the primary script (Post #2) msm_hsusb instead s3c-usbgadget
Corect the script file with the proper text and try again!

All this is on your own risk!
Attached Files
File Type: zip USBMassStorEnab.zip - [Click for QR Code] (617 Bytes, 8 views)
Last edited by dbotev; 24th March 2015 at 05:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dbotev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2015, 03:21 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi, Thank for advice I have try on my G3 mini(LG-D722). No luck I check and replace the 179:17 with 179:65
Kindly advice how can I check and replace the "s3c-usbgadget" with proper text

Thx

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Thank you JJdoctor and dbotev
Get my LG G3 mini (LG D-722) working in USB mass storage mode
I follows dbotev instructions and used JJdoctor script and edit the value value to 179:65

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
external sd card, kitkat, root, samsung s4, usb mass storage
Previous Thread Next Thread