[Tutorial]Lockscreen and Recent app shortcut, Notification text color on drop panel

Search This thread

apurvapatel

Mar 15, 2009
Gujarat
To get the lock amd the recent buttons at the bottom like this..

image.jpg

Right at the end of the file, look for:
Code:
</RelativeLayout>

Add the following lines right above it:

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/back" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lock" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_back" systemui:keyCode="26" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/recent_apps" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="1.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_recent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_recent" systemui:keyCode="187" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />

Recompile, push, set the permissions of sysyemui.apk and reboot.

Inspired by kmokhtar's mod via majdinj's tutorials.

Last edited:

harold5249

Jan 31, 2013
Kmokh! Thanks for everything! I will try to modify once I get my laptop. :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

wsramahi

May 6, 2012
Hello... I lost the batterry icon after flashing this mod

Any idea?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372499110287.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372499110287.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 448

bombaybadboy

Apr 22, 2012
Wherever

Code:
</RelativeLayout>

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/back" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lock" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_back" systemui:keyCode="26" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/recent_apps" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="1.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_recent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_recent" systemui:keyCode="187" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />

just tried it on my i9100 and it looks different, it growing on me thanks for that

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-31-22-28-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-31-22-28-22.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 371

akhil093

Jun 22, 2013
Los Angeles C.A
Pls fix this.

After flashing this mod i've both lockscreen and recent app buttons on my expanded status bar...but the problem is that before flashing this mod i've a transparent statusbar but after flashing the statusbar becomes black without any transparency .. please fix this.

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
After flashing this mod i've both lockscreen and recent app buttons on my expanded status bar...but the problem is that before flashing this mod i've a transparent statusbar but after flashing the statusbar becomes black without any transparency .. please fix this.

Ok mate I would make this mod with transparent status bar for you.

大神,请问您有qq号吗?想请教您几个问题,不知可否?

Sorry I don't know Chinese. I am just living in China :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

ini2000

Jan 14, 2009
zhengzhou
Xiaomi Mi 6
Realme 5 Pro

Haha, I thought you are Chinese people, then write Chinese characters for you to see, it would a little more convenient.
Thank you for your reply,
my question is:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2217662&highlight=note8+snote
why video player and world clock can not be used tkari4 the rom?
Do you have a solution?

Last edited:

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
Haha, I thought you are Chinese people, then write Chinese characters for you to see, it would a little more convenient.
my question is:
Do you have a solution?
I guess they are framework dependent, and as these apps are from Note 8 they need Note 8's framework (tvdpi) to be working properly.
Sorry, I don't know any solution for unless you edit framework but It mat make your device unstable.

tkari4

Jan 24, 2010
my question is:
Do you have a solution?

I guess they are framework dependent, and as these apps are from Note 8 they need Note 8's framework (tvdpi) to be working properly.
Sorry, I don't know any solution for unless you edit framework but It mat make your device unstable.

I have not forgotten them.
Just do not want to hurry up.

Doing it step by step. :eek:

Maybe missing lib, or smali files.

Perhaps the sw720dp, or sw800dp must be renamed to sw499dp in the Note 8 apps...

ini2000

Jan 14, 2009
zhengzhou
Xiaomi Mi 6
Realme 5 Pro

Thank you for your reply

I wish you a happy life in China

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

I have not forgotten them.
Just do not want to hurry up.

Doing it step by step. :eek:

Maybe missing lib, or smali files.

Perhaps the sw720dp, or sw800dp must be renamed to sw499dp in the Note 8 apps...

This thing alarmed great tkari4, since the great tkari4 has been said can be solved, then we can wait.;)

rajeshkoshti

Apr 26, 2013
can we get nexus 4 like bottom bar for recent apps, default homescreen and back buttons..its cool..bt sammy touch buttons shud be desabled..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

maxxkumar

Sep 24, 2012
Big thanks

How to add Lockscreen and Recent app shortcut on notification panel​

Assuming know how to use Apk-Multi-Tools (I am using majdini repacked one) , decompile SystemUI and go to layout folder, seek for tw_status_bar_expanded_header.xml.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="#ff000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="39.0dip" android:baselineAligned="false"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="-3.0dip" android:singleLine="true" systemui:ampmSmall="true" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.DateView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Date" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:ellipsize="none" android:id="@id/date" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip" android:maxLines="2" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.RotationToggle android:id="@id/rotation_lock_button" android:visibility="gone" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="32.0dip" android:layout_height="32.0dip" android:layout_margin="8.0dip" android:button="@drawable/ic_notify_rotation" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_rotation_lock_off" />
    <Space android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    <ImageView android:layout_width="1.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="7.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="7.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_quick_panel_plnm_setting_dv" />
    <RelativeLayout android:id="@id/settings_button" android:background="@drawable/tw_quick_panel_setting_button_bg" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="visible" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_setting_width" android:layout_height="39.0dip">
     <ImageView android:id="@id/settings_button_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_quickpanel_icon_settings" android:scaleType="center" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_settings_button" />
    </RelativeLayout>
</LinearLayout>

substitute it to

Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="#ff000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="39.0dip" android:baselineAligned="false"
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="-3.0dip" android:singleLine="true" systemui:ampmSmall="true" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.DateView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Date" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:ellipsize="none" android:id="@id/date" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip" android:maxLines="2" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.RotationToggle android:id="@id/rotation_lock_button" android:visibility="gone" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="32.0dip" android:layout_height="32.0dip" android:layout_margin="8.0dip" android:button="@drawable/ic_notify_rotation" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_rotation_lock_off" />
    <Space android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
    [COLOR="Red"]<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/recent_apps" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="1.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_recent" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/back" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_recent" systemui:keyCode="187" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/back" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lock" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/settings_button" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_back" systemui:keyCode="26" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />[/COLOR]
    <ImageView android:layout_width="1.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="7.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="7.0dip" android:src="@drawable/tw_quick_panel_plnm_setting_dv" />
    <RelativeLayout android:id="@id/settings_button" android:background="@drawable/tw_quick_panel_setting_button_bg" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="visible" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_setting_width" android:layout_height="39.0dip">
     <ImageView android:id="@id/settings_button_icon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_quickpanel_icon_settings" android:scaleType="center" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_settings_button" />
    </RelativeLayout>
</LinearLayout>

Red lines are for this mod. First line is for Recent Apps icon and the second one for LockScreen icon.

Also after modifying mentioned XML you need to add corresponding .png photo to drawable-xhdpi which is called ic_sysbar_lock.png for lockscreen (sensitive must be added) and ic_sysbar_recent.png for recent Apps which is already there in drawable-xhdpi and I just resized it.
Compile and done.
Good Luck

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you can download it here:

This mod is made for ALL Sammy 4.1.2 JB base roms. If want to try please make a backup first.
New pack would only add this mod to your SystemUI and you can freely flash it while keeping all of you previous mods on SystemUI.
- Added Universal Pack for ALL Firmwares, one pack for both System and preload - Working on LSZ,LT4, LT5,... 11.5.2013
- Added Lock Screen and Recent Apps on notification panel

Hi Big thanks,

I downloaded and works fine but the LOCK icon is not coming rather cirle is coming in place of lock...what should in do...

Regards

rvkumar

Mar 2, 2014
@kmokhtar79
Sir can you ported samsung galaxy note n7000 stock camera application for cm11 rom of samsung galaxy note n7000
Thank in Advance Sir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to add Lockscreen and Recent app shortcut on notification panel​

Assuming know how to use Apk-Multi-Tools (I am using majdini repacked one) , decompile SystemUI and go to layout folder, seek for tw_status_bar_expanded_header.xml.

Code:
        </RelativeLayout>
    </LinearLayout>

substitute it to

Code:
        [COLOR="Red"]<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/recent_apps" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="1.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_recent" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/back" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_recent" systemui:keyCode="187" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/back" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lock" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/settings_button" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_back" systemui:keyCode="26" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/ic_sysbar_highlight" />[/COLOR]
        </RelativeLayout>
    </LinearLayout>

Red lines are for this mod. First line is for Recent Apps icon and the second one for LockScreen icon.

Also after modifying mentioned XML you need to add corresponding .png photo to drawable-xhdpi which is called ic_sysbar_lock.png for lockscreen (sensitive must be added) and ic_sysbar_recent.png for recent Apps which is already there in drawable-xhdpi and I just resized it.
    Compile and done.
    Good Luck

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you can download it here:

This mod is made for ALL Sammy 4.1.2 JB base roms. If want to try please make a backup first.
    New pack would only add this mod to your SystemUI and you can freely flash it while keeping all of you previous mods on SystemUI.
    - Added Universal Pack for ALL Firmwares, one pack for both System and preload - Working on LSZ,LT4, LT5,... 11.5.2013
    - Added Lock Screen and Recent Apps on notification panel

How to change Notification Background and Text Color on drop down panel:

Thanks majdini for his turorial but as my this theme is kinda associated together I have no choice to repeat first part for Notification background.

Notification Background color
    A- First of all you need to make notification background independent (I call it) from systemui.apk so that the color can be changed by hex code in framework.
    1- Go to SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/ folder and open PhoneStatusBar.smali and search for "-0x100". There will be two lines; change them from

Code:
    const/high16 v15, -0x100
    to
    Code:
    const/high16 v15,[COLOR="Red"] 0x0[/COLOR]

there are two lines for -0x100, change theme both

2- Now go to framework-res/res/values/ folder and open drawables.xml and look for this line:

Code:
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color">#ff000000</item>
    I changed it to
    Code:
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_item_background_color">[COLOR="Red"]#ffececec[/COLOR]</item>

This was for the background part.

Notification Text color

B- So now we need to change the notification's text color that should be done in framework:
    Just search for StatusBar in Style.xml and change it as you like. Following are my changes:

Code:
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar">
            <item name="textStyle">bold</item>
        </style>
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar" />
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent">
            <item name="textSize">15.0dip</item>
            <item name="textColor">[COLOR="Red"]#ff2e2e2e[/COLOR]</item>
        </style>
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Title" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Title">
            <item name="textSize">20.0dip</item>
            <item name="textStyle">normal</item>
            <item name="textColor">#[COLOR="red"]#ff000000[/COLOR]</item>
        </style>
        <style name="Theme.WithActionBar" parent="@style/Theme">
            <item name="windowActionBar">true</item>

The first #ff2e2e2e is for subtext's color (second row of notification)

Code:
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar" />
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Line2" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent">
            <item name="textSize">@dimen/notification_subtext_size</item>
        </style>
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Info" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent">
            <item name="textSize">@dimen/notification_subtext_size</item>
            <item name="textColor">[COLOR="red"]#ff2e2e2e[/COLOR]</item>
        </style>
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Time" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Time">
            <item name="textSize">15.0dip</item>
            <item name="textColor">[COLOR="Red"]#ff000000[/COLOR]</item>
        </style>
        <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Emphasis" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent">
            <item name="textColor">#[COLOR="red"]#ff2e2e2e[/COLOR]</item>
        </style>
        <style name="TextAppearance.Small.CalendarViewWeekDayView" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
            <item name="textStyle">bold</item>

Code:
        <style name="TextAppearance.DeviceDefault.StatusBar.EventContent.Title" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Title">
            <item name="textSize">20.0dip</item>
            <item name="textColor">#[COLOR="red"]#ff000000[/COLOR]</item>

So for these changes would result in this theme (only notification part)

8fn.png
    Tutorial for how to change notification background and text color on dropdown panel is added to second post.
    How to for this mod added to OP :)

image.jpg

Code:
    </RelativeLayout>

Code: