FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

[Q] Do Xperia S roms work on SL?

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By catalin1122, Member on 10th March 2014, 09:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys,
I have an Xperia SL and i want to unlock it's bootloader and flash a custom rom. I want to know if i can flash Xperia S Roms on my device without having problems.
Thank you!
 
 
11th March 2014, 07:38 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalin1122

Hello guys,
I have an Xperia SL and i want to unlock it's bootloader and flash a custom rom. I want to know if i can flash Xperia S Roms on my device without having problems.
Thank you!

I think you cannot do that.
You will brik your phone.

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th March 2014, 06:06 AM |#3  
Member
Flag small town in pahang
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
No no. You are wrg bro. Xperia S rom works fine on xperia SL. They have the same hardware and the only difference is xperia SL is sn overclocked version of xperia s. You are free to flash any rom of xperia s to xperia sl but the model number will shows up as Lt26i instead of lt26ii. You can change it back by simply edit the build.prop. I can confirm xperia s custom rom and kernel works fine on xperia sl because i am also the user of xperia sl
The Following User Says Thank You to chrissiong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 10:54 AM |#4  
Yusumaru Reiga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banana City
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thanks for your confirm.:thumbup:

Sent from my LT26w using xda premium
15th June 2014, 07:37 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile
yes you can...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2245327
23rd March 2015, 09:08 PM |#6  
kenkho's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Arrow xperia SL
hi guys my xperia SL touch screen is not working properly i already restore factory settings. its a hardware already.

can i buy xperia S LCD to my xperia SL as far as i know same hardware with overclock rom right guys? pls confirm i will buy lcd at ebay anytime soon.

btw, touch screen problem on my SL is not working at the upper part about 1 inch horizontal line not working at all... can i heat it to fix it?
24th March 2015, 04:04 AM |#7  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkho

hi guys my xperia SL touch screen is not working properly i already restore factory settings. its a hardware already.

can i buy xperia S LCD to my xperia SL as far as i know same hardware with overclock rom right guys? pls confirm i will buy lcd at ebay anytime soon.

btw, touch screen problem on my SL is not working at the upper part about 1 inch horizontal line not working at all... can i heat it to fix it?

Yes, You can use Xperia S LCD. Don't heat the phone, it might damage other parts.
24th March 2015, 08:26 PM |#8  
kenkho's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
thansk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

Yes, You can use Xperia S LCD. Don't heat the phone, it might damage other parts.

thank you for your reply sir!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom, roms, xperia s, xperia sl
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes