FORUMS

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

[APP][2.3+][FREE] Total Backup - backup and restore contact joins, groups & call log

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By adriantc_ro, Member on 23rd January 2014, 03:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th October 2014, 04:30 AM |#21  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekeh

This app looks great but annoyingly I discovered it too late. Any chance you could add a feature to restore the joined contacts from a nandroid backup? (otherwise I have to nandroid my new install, restore my old rom, install the app, backup, restore the new rom and the restore from the backup)

Unfortunately I don't even think it is even possible. I have never used nandroid, but does it normally restore contact joins? Because if it does not it means that it doesn't even backup that information...

8th October 2014, 04:45 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantc_ro

Unfortunately I don't even think it is even possible. I have never used nandroid, but does it normally restore contact joins? Because if it does not it means that it doesn't even backup that information...

Well a nandroid is a full dump of the nand so the data is there somewhere, if I restored it onto the phone it would be indentical to how I left it a couple of days ago and the joins would be intact, so if you know where the data is the phone you should be able to find the same files inside the nandroid zip
8th October 2014, 04:47 AM |#23  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekeh

Well a nandroid is a full dump of the nand so the data is there somewhere, if I restored it onto the phone it would be indentical to how I left it a couple of days ago and the joins would be intact, so if you know where the data is the phone you should be able to find the same files inside the nandroid zip

Well if the data is there it could be used to restore only the contact joins. I will look into it, but I can't make any promises.
16th November 2014, 07:47 AM |#24  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up
A new major version of Total Backup has been released that brings a few improvements and bug fixes. Here is the change log:

Quote:

+ v5.0.1 (Build 47) - STABLE BUILD
- Fixed theme for pre-Android 5.0 devices

+ v5.0.0 (Build 46) - STABLE BUILD
- [Critical bug fix] Correct backup destination detection on Android 5.0!
- [Minor bug fix] Using Restore all option would not correctly update statistics!
- Major core optimizations resulting in smaller APK size, improved responsiveness and security
- Important user interface improvements for size and consistency
- Added support for the new Material theme in Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Updated Google Play services to version 6.1.71

+ v4.6.1 (Build 45) - STABLE BUILD
- Added full support for Android 5.0 Lollipop

+ v4.6.0 (Build 44) - STABLE BUILD
- Updated Google Play services to version 6.1.11
- Updated Amazon IAP to version 2.0.1
- Updated Gson to version 2.3

5th February 2015, 04:56 AM |#25  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up
A new minor version of Total Backup has been released that brings a few improvements and bug fixes. Here is the change log:

Quote:

+ v5.3.0 (Build 57) - STABLE BUILD
- Reduced Premium features price to 1.3$
- Important code cleanup

+ v5.2.2 (Build 56) - STABLE BUILD
- Downgrade Google Play services to version 6.1.71

+ v5.2.1 (Build 55) - STABLE BUILD
- [Critical bug fix] Application wouldn't load correctly (on second run) on some devices!

+ v5.2.0 (Build 54) - STABLE BUILD
- Migrated project to Android Studio and Gradle (important size optimization)
- Updated Google Play services to version 6.5.87

+ v5.1.4 (Build 53) - STABLE BUILD
- Updated Premium features price to reflect VAT changes in the EU

+ v5.1.3 (Build 52) - STABLE BUILD
- [Major bug fix] Saving form data didn't work when deselecting items!
- [Minor bug fix] Fixed form data loss when changing orientation on the Home screen!
- Updated Gson to version 2.3.1

+ v5.1.2 (Build 51) - STABLE BUILD
- [Critical bug fix] Fixed application crash when opening Buy Premium features on Amazon Appstore!

+ v5.1.1 (Build 50) - STABLE BUILD
- [Critical bug fix] Fixed application crash (on some devices) when trying to expand a restore point!

+ v5.1.0 (Build 49) - STABLE BUILD
- [Major bug fix] Fixed application crash when trying to share an uncompressed restore point!
- Further core optimizations and improvements
- Some user interface tweaks
- Updated minimum supported Android to version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

+ v4.6.1 (Build 48) - STABLE BUILD
- [Re-release necessary because of updated minimum in version v5.1.0]

2nd March 2015, 12:44 PM |#26  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up
A new minor version of Total Backup has been released that brings a few improvements and bug fixes. Here is the change log:

Quote:

+ v5.3.1 (Build 58) - STABLE BUILD
- [Critical bug fix] Restore points list would not refresh when switching between tabs!

12th March 2015, 01:56 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If you have the xposed xfbsync or you modded your database to allow facebook sync it's backup the facebook joins to.
20th March 2015, 04:48 PM |#28  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up

Quote:

+ v5.3.2 (Build 59) - STABLE BUILD
- Added full support for Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Updated Google Play services to version 7.0.0
- Updated Amazon IAP to version 2.0.61
- Updated Samsung IAP to version 2.0.1

25th March 2015, 06:01 AM |#29  
OP Member

More
Thumbs up

Quote:

+ v5.3.3 (Build 60) - STABLE BUILD
- Reenabled support for Contact groups backup for OS versions beyond Android 5.0 Lollipop

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread