Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

One Plus One ALL about battery thread.How's your battery life?

22nd March 2015, 07:05 PM |#1551  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 34

161 posts
More
Something is keeping your phone awake.2 hours screen on time is ridiculous on a phone with battery this size.
24th March 2015, 11:41 AM |#1552  
Thanks Meter: 19

183 posts
Insane battery drain from SystemUpdateService
Hey Guys,

i have a problem recently with wakelock from SystemUpdateService keeping my phone 100% awake, is that a known issue? When i install an older backup the issue disappears, but will reappear when i update some google app i think. Is that a known issue?

Process:
SystemUpdateService

coming from Google Play Services
24th March 2015, 12:59 PM |#1553  
Thanks Meter: 14

532 posts
More
Just an observation, sorry if it seems obvious but you see so many over complicated attempts to deal with battery issues.

In every case when my battery has suddenly stopped behaving nicely, it's been due to some new app. Recently I tried a nice games mod app (xmodgames) and over the next few days noticed my battery life was poor. Uninstalled it and now it's fine.

Keep track of what you install. If your battery is seeming to drop faster, uninstall recent apps and see how you go. If you can figure out which one is doing the damage you might then be able to prevent it with some tweaking, but more often than not I've found it better to just abandon that app.
24th March 2015, 01:43 PM |#1554  
Thanks Meter: 19

183 posts
Because it was rather unusual, nothing hard in deleting a third party app if you installed it before and noticed battery drain.

What i was suffering from was the Google Services Drain bug, i restricted some permissions for Google Play Services (like mentioned in the forum here) and the drain stopped. It wasn't quite obvious for me because i didn't update any gapps recently. My guess it is triggered by chrome or google calenader app.
24th March 2015, 04:24 PM |#1555  
Flag Ma sweet home
Thanks Meter: 497

3,338 posts
More
My OnePlus Battery life is really bad. WhatsApp, Facebook, chrome beta and chrome, page manager and many other app keeps awake without any deep sleep.. I was doing research and suddenly I remembered why it occurs, I recently changed the radio modem of my phone to XNPH05Q and now I just wanna know which you people are using ?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
24th March 2015, 09:51 PM |#1556  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 8,957

19,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam razzy

My OnePlus Battery life is really bad. WhatsApp, Facebook, chrome beta and chrome, page manager and many other app keeps awake without any deep sleep.. I was doing research and suddenly I remembered why it occurs, I recently changed the radio modem of my phone to XNPH05Q and now I just wanna know which you people are using ?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Modem performance can vary wildly from user to user as it depends on carrier, exact geographical location, environmental disturbances, among other factors. Someone in the same suburb (even street) as you can have a very different experience on the exact same radio. What I'm saying is you need to test for yourself. You don't need to stick to your carrier's radios, you should test a variety of radios and see what works best for you.
Last edited by timmaaa; 25th March 2015 at 05:05 AM.
25th March 2015, 04:55 AM |#1557  
Flag Dalian
Thanks Meter: 66

292 posts
More
I've had the phone for about a month now. Coming from a true flagship phone (also a much smaller phone) , there are some things I don't like about the phone... The battery, however, is not one of them. Absolutely love not having to think about the battery. The phone always seems to have battery left, and in the odd case when it is getting low I can charge it up 10 or 20% superfast and be on my way.

On full stock CM11S getting 6+ hours of SOT with regular use. I know I could do better with a custom kernel, but just haven't bothered since it is so good already.
25th March 2015, 06:32 PM |#1558  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Try using greenify app
25th March 2015, 06:53 PM |#1559  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,277

864 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky thomson

Hey Guys,

i have a problem recently with wakelock from SystemUpdateService keeping my phone 100% awake, is that a known issue? When i install an older backup the issue disappears, but will reappear when i update some google app i think. Is that a known issue?

Process:
SystemUpdateService

coming from Google Play Services

You should say more about your config (rom, kernel, etc) but that drain isuue has been solved on CM and SlimLP by now, and in most Gapps packages (at least for most users. Just search the forum and you'll find several solutions if you are still experiencing them (from tweaking permissions from AppsOps, to some Tasker Rules you can create to restart the service on every bootup).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread