Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

12th March 2015, 01:12 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosafe

I belive your out of luck since Verizon S5's has a looked botloader you can't install a custom kernel like KT that run SELinux in permissive mode. Though you maybe can install some custom lollipop rom that has Samsung Knox removed and try that SELinux Changer App on that.

possible to downgrade back to a KitKat kernel/rom without having to wipe the phone?
12th March 2015, 01:19 AM |#122  
Flag Strömsbruk
Thanks Meter: 99

271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters

possible to downgrade back to a KitKat kernel/rom without having to wipe the phone?

No since even if you can downgrade you need to do a factory reset before you flash a stock KitKat Rom.
And even then I suspect it's not possible to downgrade because of your locked botloader but not sure. Check in General and the Firmware thread maybe you can find some info about VZ and KitKat downgrade.
20th March 2015, 05:34 PM |#123  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 33

572 posts
More
Does anyone have a zip to install Viper4Android on CM12 without any buildprop edits etc? I'm afraid I'll mess it up.
22nd March 2015, 12:24 AM |#124  
Flag Strömsbruk
Thanks Meter: 99

271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealguy

Does anyone have a zip to install Viper4Android on CM12 without any buildprop edits etc? I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

You will need to kill AudioFX or how is named in CM12 for Viper4Android to work you should not need to change anything in build.prop
And just install Viper as a normal app.
Edit: also you need a kernel that run SELinux in permissive mode Like KToonez or use SELinux stat changer app from playstore.

http://vipersaudio.com/swupdate/vipe.../download.html
Last edited by Prosafe; 22nd March 2015 at 12:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prosafe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2015, 02:34 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 26

211 posts
Hi guys, please help me, I have tried all methods bat viper4android don't work on my Samsung with lollipop, rom ambassadii v4.5 based on bob7fw and last kt kernel, anyone help my writing passage to passage for me? Sorry for my orrible english
23rd March 2015, 10:13 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 26

211 posts
I have downloaded last apk viper4android, I install app and install drive for work? Or i change build.prop too?i have permissiv kernel and custom rom lollipop tw, thank a lot
25th March 2015, 04:59 PM |#127  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ingolstadt
Thanks Meter: 5,022

3,706 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranio84

I have downloaded last apk viper4android, I install app and install drive for work? Or i change build.prop too?i have permissiv kernel and custom rom lollipop tw, thank a lot

You need the 2.3 version of viper not the latest 2.4. Just look a few pages back on this thread. There was a good guide how to install it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=59046509
Last edited by Chris_84; 25th March 2015 at 05:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2015, 08:42 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
hi all, just checking in to see if there has been any progress made on a version of Viper for Verizon Galaxy S5's. I'm really missing it!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
booyah, galaxys5, root, viper, viper4android
Previous Thread Next Thread