[ROOT] TowelRoot - 4.3 & 4.4.2

16th January 2015, 02:04 AM   |  #171  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 968

2,714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. J.

Hi! I've rooted my Verizon galaxy s5 with towel root before but i need to do a software upgrade that , i think, will cause me to lose root. i wanted to make sure i could re-root so i looked for towel root and it was gone. I tried to reinstall it but from the app store it just opens endless web pages and from their support site, i could download it, but it still won't install. It says 'GOOGLE RECOMMENDS YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS" And has a check box underneath that says "i undestand but want to install any way" so i check it and click install and it immediately stops and says "aplication not installed" and the only option is "done". How do i install it now? Or can i not?

Don't. You will lose root and won't be able to gain root with towelroot even if you can install it. Only other way is to use another method
8th February 2015, 05:26 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
More
Does TowelRoot still work on the NH2 firmware? Or has the kernel been patched? If so, how exactly can one gain root access?
10th February 2015, 11:20 PM   |  #173  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Towelroot Not working with 4.4.2(latest version)
If towelroot doesn't work on your device running 4.4.2(latest release) Use Odin and downgrade to the next older version of 4.4.2 and it will work. If you really downgrade to old version of 4.4.2 you have to do it one old version at a time, you can't just go straight download, it will fail. I tried it. This is how I get towelroot to work with GS4 running latest 4.4.2 build and of course unlock......
12th February 2015, 12:34 AM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilayajr

If towelroot doesn't work on your device running 4.4.2(latest release) Use Odin and downgrade to the next older version of 4.4.2 and it will work. If you really downgrade to old version of 4.4.2 you have to do it one old version at a time, you can't just go straight download, it will fail. I tried it. This is how I get towelroot to work with GS4 running latest 4.4.2 build and of course unlock......

I thought downgrading with ODIN would cause a hardbrick because you can't downgrade bootloaders.
14th February 2015, 09:24 PM   |  #175  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 968

2,714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilayajr

No, you cannot do this. You must've already had an older version
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpassionedRule

I thought downgrading with ODIN would cause a hardbrick because you can't downgrade bootloaders.

You will only hardbrick if you force it to flash, otherwise it will just fail
2nd March 2015, 04:29 AM   |  #176  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

No, you cannot do this. You must've already had an older version

You will only hardbrick if you force it to flash, otherwise it will just fail

Yes you can. If you have NF2 4.4.2 you can downgrade to NE6 4.4.2.

These 4.4.2 basebands and they are both the same. You can only do incremental downgrade and trust me it works. How do I know? I root and unlock samsung phones this way using z3x box and furious gold box. Of course you can't downgrade to 4.3. It will brick it. But we're talking 4.4.2 downgrade to earlier release of 4.4.2. I hope you get what I"m trying to point out.
25th March 2015, 09:02 PM   |  #177  
Flag Saint John
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Don't work on i747m 4.4.2
But the latest recovery works great for root just install latest and install su from the recover built in su install then install supersu from store

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s3, kitkat, root, t999, towelroot
Previous Thread Next Thread