View Poll Results: Have you installed any mods with our tutorials?

Yeah, it's great!

5 Vote(s)
62.50%
Not yet, but I might.

3 Vote(s)
37.50%
No way, I don't understand any of this.

0 Vote(s)
0%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Half-Life 2 and Portal Research

21st February 2015, 07:44 PM |#241  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 842

1,659 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just maps and models and sounds, assets, is all I can see this being able to import right now. What would be cool is to figure out how half life 2 runs and then implement Garrys mod 9 over it. That's the last free one.
4th March 2015, 12:44 PM |#242  
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 confirmed
http://shield.nvidia.com/games/android/hl2ep2
But, it says that it's available only for Shield Console. So there is a question — will it work on Shield Portable and/or NST?
6th March 2015, 10:15 AM |#243  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron123456789

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 confirmed
http://shield.nvidia.com/games/android/hl2ep2
But, it says that it's available only for Shield Console. So there is a question will it work on Shield Portable and/or NST?

As it is today, HL2:ep2 will not run on Shield Portables. It's always required a graphics capability only found in TK1 & TX1, not T4.

Maybe someday it'll get ported to T4 but I wouldn't hold my breath. At $199 the TX1 equipped Shield Android TV (aka Shield Console) is within the reach of many die-hard Portable users. Myself included.
6th March 2015, 12:19 PM |#244  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,695

1,578 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLBrey

As it is today, HL2:ep2 will not run on Shield Portables. It's always required a graphics capability only found in TK1 & TX1, not T4.

Maybe someday it'll get ported to T4 but I wouldn't hold my breath. At $199 the TX1 equipped Shield Android TV (aka Shield Console) is within the reach of many die-hard Portable users. Myself included.

But Episode 1 works on the Portable. It's not installable from the play store (without tricks), but it works.
6th March 2015, 12:37 PM |#245  
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 47

158 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any progress on the console yet? Also, I noticed a VR mode command in the config file. Is this just a left over from porting or is there a way to enable the feature? I've installed the game on my Note 4 and it runs great using GLTools. Would love to see it in VR with my Gear VR!
6th March 2015, 02:54 PM |#246  

1,578 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_guana

Any progress on the console yet? Also, I noticed a VR mode command in the config file. Is this just a left over from porting or is there a way to enable the feature? I've installed the game on my Note 4 and it runs great using GLTools. Would love to see it in VR with my Gear VR!

I think it's just leftover from the port.
6th March 2015, 04:54 PM |#247  
Flag Columbus, Ohio

158 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

I think it's just leftover from the port.

Bah! Too bad. When I saw it I started to get excited! Oh well, maybe someone will make it work via a method like TriDef. Here's hoping!

Alas I still would at least like to use the console. It must be locked pretty deep if no one has figured it out yet.
6th March 2015, 06:39 PM |#248  

1,578 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_guana

Bah! Too bad. When I saw it I started to get excited! Oh well, maybe someone will make it work via a method like TriDef. Here's hoping!

Alas I still would at least like to use the console. It must be locked pretty deep if no one has figured it out yet.

Yeah. It's pretty safe to say that we won't unlock the console anytime soon. We didn't even know the console showed up in-game until I came along.
7th March 2015, 08:42 AM |#249  
Flag Columbus, Ohio

158 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

Yeah. It's pretty safe to say that we won't unlock the console anytime soon. We didn't even know the console showed up in-game until I came along.

I wonder why they went to such lengths to block use of the console. It must be because of the exclusivity with nVidia. I can't think of anything else.

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th March 2015, 04:08 AM |#250  
Flag Bradenton
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
More
Another bump so this thread stays alive, hasnt been updated in almost a month

Sent from my 0PCV1 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
half life 2, mod, nvidia, portal, shield
Previous Thread Next Thread