Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

LectureNotes app

3rd March 2015, 08:44 AM |#971  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
slow app
Lecture notes is pretty slow for me. Importing pdfs seems to take a long time. It also takes about 5 seconds of waiting before a page will load when scrolling. This makes it pretty inconvenient to flip back and forth between pages. I HAVEN'T tinkered with the settings too much, besides making a custom toolbox. Can someone help me out?

I don't have forced gpu rendering enabled my developer settings. I'm using a one year old, stock Samsung galaxy note pro 12.2.

3rd March 2015, 09:48 AM |#972  
Thanks Meter: 710

1,418 posts
@coldriverjoe: I am glad to hear that you like the app.

To move a notebook or a folder to a new location, long-click on the notebook or folder until the popup menu appears, select `Move notebook´ or `Move folder´, respectively, and choose the new location. The suggestion by wingsandfloats (which will appear in the next update) adds a second possibility.

@cooodyt: Difficult to say why page loading takes so long. How much free space is left in the file system (file systems get slower as they fill up)?

In any case, it is recommended to enable `use fast page rendering´ in the app's display settings on high-resolution devices such the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. Then, LectureNotes uses a faster but less accurate rendering algorithm. The difference will hardly be noticeable on a high resolution display (except for extreme zoom levels), but response to writing, scrolling, and zooming will significantly improve.
7th March 2015, 04:09 PM |#973  

1,418 posts
@wingsandfloats & coldriverjoe: I just uploaded v2.6.8 into the app stores in which you can change the path in the new notebook, new folder, notebook settings, and folder settings dialogs.
8th March 2015, 05:26 AM |#974  

2 posts
@acadoid I still have 4gb of space free. When I say it's slow, this only applies when in editing mode. Overview takes a second to load all the pages, but has zero scrolling load time once it's complete.I had those settings renamed before but it didn't do much. Am I perhaps importing my pages as too large of a file? I could loss them at a lower resolution so long as it doesn't compromise too much quality. I'm usually just using this to read and jot notes on etextbooks. I just need some of the diagrams and pictures to be of decent quality at half page width zoom.
8th March 2015, 02:59 PM |#975  

1,418 posts
@cooodyt: A 2560px times 3622px notebook page layer gets loaded on my Nexus 10 (which should be slower than your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2) in less than a second. Which resolution (width and height) did you choose when creating the notebook? Does the notebook contain multiple layers (layers are loaded individually)?
25th March 2015, 11:51 AM |#976  

27 posts
Cover picture?
Hi. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a picture as the cover for a notepad?

Thanks,

Phil
25th March 2015, 05:07 PM |#977  

1,418 posts
@pgibby081965: Yes, when you use standard icons (`use elaborate icons´ is disabled in the app's display settings): Long-click on the cover in the new notebook, new folder, notebook settings, or folder settings dialog and select the desired option.
25th March 2015, 05:30 PM |#978  

27 posts
Great! Thanks for that. I had it set to elaborate icons. This customer service is one of the big reasons I choose Lecture Notes over S Note!!
26th March 2015, 03:00 AM |#979  

2 posts
Problems with a typed text using the keyboard
Hi. I've bought LectureNotes and LectureRecordings a few days ago to use with my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, and I'm planning to buy LectureVideos and LecturePresentations (these ones, even if I'm not using that much, but at least for support your very good work).

I'm trying to use LectureNotes as my default software to use at the school, but I'm facing some problems with the text input by keyboard. On all other softwares, such Samsung S Note, Microsoft OneNote, etc., I can create a text box anywhere on the page and mix it with the drawings. And I even can move if I'm not happy with its position. This is very useful if I need to type something after a draw. Is it possible to work on this and increase the way to use?

And a last thing (also a issue with typed text using keyboard): when I type more than the page fits (a big text), the text box, instead of break the text and transfer what lasts to the next page, the page hides the content of the text that didn't fit on the page, what become very difficult to export, print or share that page.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say, as my english is not that good. Thanks in advance!
26th March 2015, 11:51 AM |#980  

1,418 posts
@tuzimonline: Besides the text layer which works essentially like a text editor or word processor and has no free placement, there is a text drawing tool that allows free placement of the text. The text drawing tool can be accessed either via the pencil toolbox (select `Show pencil toolbox´ in the `pencil´ menu, can be moved around by click-and-drag and setup in the app's tools settings) or via the drawing tools menu (you need to enable this menu in the app's menu settings).

The text layer is page-wise, as everything else in LectureNotes; there is neither automatic page-break nor text reflow; the bottom of the visible area is indicated by a horizontal line. However, you can insert a page-break manually using the item in the keyboard menu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread