FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

MJ5 bootloader flash problems

26th March 2015, 12:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
did you fix the problem ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apuntigam

So no answer on this question yet?? I'm also trying to flash the MJ5 bootloader using Odin, no luck though.

Can anyone explain why it keeps failing?

having the same thing now...

26th March 2015, 01:27 PM |#12  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids

having the same thing now...

No, I never managed to fix it. I think I found out in the end that there never was an MJ5 bootloader for the GT-N7105 (the international LTE version). There was only an MJ5 bootloader for the non-LTE version, the GT-N7100. And of course, that phone's bootloader will never work on the N7105.

So we're out of luck it appears
26th March 2015, 01:31 PM |#13  

More
so the phone is dead ?
Quote:

No, I never managed to fix it. I think I found out in the end that there never was an MJ5 bootloader for the GT-N7105 (the international LTE version). There was only an MJ5 bootloader for the non-LTE version, the GT-N7100. And of course, that phone's bootloader will never work on the N7105.

So we're out of luck it appears

noting to do to bring back wifi&BT ?
26th March 2015, 01:55 PM |#14  
Flag Johannesburg

More
Quote:

noting to do to bring back wifi&BT ?

All of the new KitKat ROMs have fixes built in for that. Some of the Lollipop ROMs also fix this, so you don't really need that bootloader.
26th March 2015, 01:57 PM |#15  

More
Quote:

All of the new KitKat ROMs have fixes built in for that. Some of the Lollipop ROMs also fix this, so you don't really need that bootloader.

can you give me a link pls for somthing that works ?
i am Desperate a week with no wifi BT
THX
26th March 2015, 02:26 PM |#16  
Flag Johannesburg

More
Quote:

can you give me a link pls for somthing that works ?
i am Desperate a week with no wifi BT
THX

I'm on NamelessROM 5.0.2 at the moment, works fine for me. I'd probably recommend that one, battery life is also great. It's in the N7105 development forum.

I was also on CM11 official, worked like a charm. There are a number of 4.4.4 ROMs in the N7105 development forum that were quite mature and worked well.
26th March 2015, 02:43 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

I'm on NamelessROM 5.0.2 at the moment, works fine for me. I'd probably recommend that one, battery life is also great. It's in the N7105 development forum.

I was also on CM11 official, worked like a charm. There are a number of 4.4.4 ROMs in the N7105 development forum that were quite mature and worked well.

i have the 7100..
somthing for that device..
26th March 2015, 02:55 PM |#18  
Flag Johannesburg

More
Quote:

i have the 7100..
somthing for that device..

Ok, then it's a completely different discussion... not sure why the bootloader would be failing in that case, since it was built for that device. You could try a different Odin? (Assuming of course that your are NOT trying to DOWNGRADE the bootloader... it's well known that you can't downgrade the bootloarder to MJ5 from something more recent).

Otherwise, I'm sure there are equally useful ROMs for the N7100 in the Note 2 Original Development forum.

But, since your device is probably pretty old and almost certainly out of warranty by now, I would seriously consider flashing the latest official Samsung ROM to get the latest bootloader and then flash whatever you want on top of that. Voiding the warranty is irrelevant if you're already out of warranty. But, I have heard that even with the latest bootloader some people still have trouble with wifi and BT. In that case all I can suggest is playing around with different ROMs until you find something that works for you. As I'm not a N7100 user I can't really offer more advice than that, sorry man.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread