[ROM] Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROMz | 5.0.2 | 6.23.651.10 | Deodexed | *Updated 11/23/15*

Search This thread

P_M_G

Oct 27, 2011
Orange County CA
I love the BadBoyz Rom on my original ONE, and have been running KitKat, frankly because I missed this thread update last month. Anyway, I have a question on service. I know Sprint is crappier in general than the other big 2, however my service flat sucks. I continually look at their coverage map and it shows that LTE is supposed to be everywhere that I'm having problems. So my question is, before I switch to AT&T after years and years of crap service, is it possible that being on this ROM is causing any sort of issue? I updated my firmware and ROM in the fall to the latest stuff, but I've have service issues for years. My plan is pretty sweet, and if Spark is that much better, I'd consider just upgrading to a Spark capable phone. I just can't handle the dropped calls and pathetically slow data anymore. Even when it shows 3g (way more common than me getting LTE), it is slower than damn 1995 dial-up in most areas. If I actually get on LTE, it's fine, but it's few and far between.

Forget Sprint's map - it's serious BS. Suggest you look at Sensorly (sensorly.com) or load their app on your phone. I'm in a similar position. The new Spark upgrades are great if your phone supports them (which the M7 does not). Performance on my daughter's S5 is far superior.

Also recommend s4gru.com for update information. Donate to be a sponsor (many are here on XDA like me) and get access to way more accurate info than the crapola Sprint is claiming.

Hopefully you're due an upgrade soon and can jump to the M9. If not, I'd seriously consider an M8 off swappa as soon as the M9 is released since the price will drop a ton I'm sure.

53fireman

Oct 19, 2010
Pottstown, PA
Yeah I've been using sensorly and was a donator to s4gru when the Philly market was coming online. Nothing has changed much in the 100 yards around my house, even Verizon gets crap service right there. Sprint's saving grace is the airave. But after dropping calls in the same 3 spots on my drive to work, numerous trouble tickets over the years, and horrendous data speeds everywhere.... It might just be time to try AT&T.
I'm gonna try a Sprint store and see if they'll loan me a Spark phone to try, but I doubt it, and I'm certainly not re-upping for 2 years just to have the same crap data and dropped calls.

goytiag

Mar 25, 2015
Error play store 975

First thanks and congrats for this update.
I am having a problem when I try to install apps. In play store it downloads the file, but diuring the installation it emerges "ERROR code unknown diuring the app instalation "975"
and when I try to instal from an downloaded apk, it shows "no space, free some space and try it again"
but I have 12 gb free
This problem came just with the last update.
I am using an htc one m7
please help me, if you have a solution.

D

Deleted member 4144635

I clicked on Play Store and I see "Error retrieving information from server [DF-DFERH-01]". I tried to clear data, clear cache.. set the time back and forth nothing helped.
I tried to Uninstall Updates from the PlayStore app under Setting-->Apps and restarted the phone. Then it works for few minutes but the app gets updated again. Any way to stop updating it.
I have not seen this issue ever and I have been using BB ROM past 7-8 months. Currently I am having Bad Boyz Sprint One M8 Lollipop v3.1 HK

Can someone please please help?

I've been getting this error since updating to the latest version of this rom (v2.0 - 2/10/15). To resolve the error temporarily go into Settings | Apps | All. Search for the word Play. You will see Google Play services and Google Play Store.

Tap on the Store, force stop, Clear Data. Now go back and tap on the Services, Manage Space, Clear All Data.

Once this is cleared you can open the Play store and it prompts you to accept ToS. You'll have to edit your settings too if you change those like placing icons on home screen.

I said this is temporary because I have to do this process at least once a day and some times more. I have no clue what's causing it.

Anyone else have ideas of how to permanently resolve this error?

LexApp

Oct 20, 2013
Owings Mill
Thanks everyone for the great work you're doing here. Sorry if this is a noob question, please can I flash this rom after relocking my bootloader? My bootloader is currently unlocked, S-On + hBoot 1.55. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

LexApp

Oct 20, 2013
Owings Mill
I tried rumrunner sometime ago and it didn't work on my device. Never made any effort since then.

Edit. Just tried that again and rumrunner says I need an unsecured kernel.

Last edited:

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
I tried rumrunner sometime ago and it didn't work on my device. Never made any effort since then.

Edit. Just tried that again and rumrunner says I need an unsecured kernel.

Well you can install this Rom if that's all you want but in case if you want to give
S-Off another shot I found this trick here some where on these forums

1) Flash "m7wls_Stock_Rooted_5.03.651.3_DeOdex_Full" Rom using recovery
2) Flash kernel "ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1"
3) Use "Firewater", instruction 1 worked for me link: http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/. Now you must be S-Off
if "fireWater" don't work for you then you can try RumRunner again.

LexApp

Oct 20, 2013
Owings Mill
Well you can install this Rom if that's all you want but in case if you want to give
S-Off another shot I found this trick here some where on these forums

1) Flash "m7wls_Stock_Rooted_5.03.651.3_DeOdex_Full" Rom using recovery
2) Flash kernel "ElementalX-sprint-m7-13.1"
3) Use "Firewater", instruction 1 worked for me link: http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/. Now you must be S-Off
if "fireWater" don't work for you then you can try RumRunner again.

Thanks. Just tried it with rumrunner, same unsecured kernel. Will try firewater next.

ccs86

Nov 16, 2011
Guys, I could really use some help here!

I have previously used ADB pull to back up "sdcard" contents, but tonight am having no luck. I either get "skipping special file", "not a file or directory", or "does not exist"

Thanks for any suggestions!

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,428

fachadick

Jul 3, 2010
Northern NJ
fachadick.wordpress.com
Can you make new build from new 6.23 Stock Sprint (http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-sprint/news/) ?

Bumping this just in case it was missed - tbh, the only thing that I'd like out of the update (as far as I know) is a properly sized home screen, without the gap at the bottom for the m8 buttons.

Everything else has been rock solid for me since version 2 came out, so thank you.

Also - has anybody played around with the new xposed on this rom?

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
Bumping this just in case it was missed - tbh, the only thing that I'd like out of the update (as far as I know) is a properly sized home screen, without the gap at the bottom for the m8 buttons.

Everything else has been rock solid for me since version 2 came out, so thank you.

Also - has anybody played around with the new xposed on this rom?

there's a good chance we're done updating the M7...we're spread pretty thin as it is with the M8 & M9

fachadick

Jul 3, 2010
Northern NJ
fachadick.wordpress.com
there's a good chance we're done updating the M7...we're spread pretty thin as it is with the M8 & M9

ah well - thanks for a bug-free version 2 then. I wasn't expecting you to come out with that one, and like I said, it's been working great (even with that gap at the bottom), so I can't complain. Rom's very hassle free - everything just seems to work.

edit - xposed seems to be working great

Last edited:

P_M_G

Oct 27, 2011
Orange County CA

@OMJ thank you (and @benny3 and @chas123 and the rest of the BB team) for giving a last little bit of life to the M7 folks....still debating to make the jump to M9 now that my upgrade is available and keeping track of progress there too, may wait for 5.1 to hit it though...

Last edited:
Reactions: OMJ

allied_jjw

Feb 7, 2013
That's an older radio, so not sure you got it. That build number refers to the ROM installed, not your firmware. The ROM is based on the new firmware, but doesn't indicate the actual firmware on the phone. You can go into bootloader to see what firmware is actually on the phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Bad Boyz presents...

8JXPO5x.png

Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROM 5.0.2 Sense 6 v3.0
    Deodexed w/ modified Stock Kernel

DOWNLOAD

FEATURES v3.0 - 11/23/15

Code:
    [B]-Based on Sprint 6.23.651.10 official Sprint RUU[/B]

KERNEL

Code:
    [B]-Modified Stock Kernel (insecure, adb debugging enabled, init.d support)[/B]

MODs
    Code:
    [B]
    -Advance Power Menu

-Long Press Back Kill (coming soon)

-HomeScreen Menu

-AppOpps

-Hacked EPST!

-Hacked Hotspot

-Roam Only!

-Battery %

-NFC & GPS icons removed

-5M max MMS size

-Disabled Signature check

-Enabled EPST (ro.build.type=dev)

-Disabled Boot Audio!

-Removed persistent adb icon

-Numerous performance tweaks

-Removed junk![/B]

FAQ
    Code:
    -to remove the MTP icon, long press the notification, tap the "i", then block notifications
    [/b]

ADDED/UPDATED

Code:
    [B]
    -[URL="https://www.romdashboard.com"][COLOR=Black]ROMdB Dev Tool[/COLOR][/URL]
    -ES File Explorer
    -aLogcat

All stock apps updated[/B]

Changelog

v3.0 - 11/23/15

-Update to 6.23.651.10

v2.0 - 2/10/15

-Update to Lollipop 5.0.2

v1.0 - 6/19/14

-initial release

CREDITS

OMJ - Team Bad Boyz
    benny3 - Team Bad Boyz
    chas123 - Team Bad Boyz
    joeykrim - ROMdb

We also want to thank the following devs for their contributions: ChainFire, TeamWin,
    lyapota, LlabTooFeR, torxx, he_stheone64, viperboy, one_love_420, mikeyxda,
    aamikam, amarullz, Steal25, Tmartin, SteelH, ThickLizzard, flex360, lex_is300
    for all the excellent guides, tutorials, mods, kernels & help!

OMJ

benny3

chas123

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Bad Boyz Sprint ONE ROMz | 5.0.2 | 6.16.651.2 | Deodexed | *Updated 2/10/15* , ROM for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
    O.M.J, benny3, chas123
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-23

Created 2014-03-25
    Last Updated 2018-02-14
    OP updated w/ v2.0 Lollipop!!!

*we came out of M7 retirement to bring you all one more ROM!

-Requirements

--unlocked, preferrably S-OFF

--latest TWRP installed 2.8.4.0 http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/171

--flash the Lollipop firmware:

---S-OFF users: Modified Firmware....removed recovery & boot (fastboot flashable): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934526577

---S-ON users: Full Firmware from OTA (fastboot flashable): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934523626 you will need to flash TWRP after

See this THREAD for more info on flashing the firmware

*it appears tether is not working yet...update to come

**Clean flash required!!!

***if you're coming from an old BB version, you may want to backup & RUU w/ 6.16 1st
    Can't wait to get this updated with the m7 base version, hopefully irons out a few of the remaining wrinkles there were.

we are working on it now :D
    OP updated w/ v1.1!!!

Changelog:

-reBased on Sprint M8 1.12.651.17 (credit to @Captain_Throwback for the dump)

-APM revised & minimalized

-added HomeScreen Menu
    -added Extreme Power Saver mode

-fixed FM Radio
    -fixed dialer gap
    -fixed location consent during setup
    -fixed sound quality and volume
    -fixed compass
    -fixed vvm

-removed sd card from storage/manage apps

svn will be updated shortly...
    BB Lollipop update is almost done!!!

if u want to get a headstart & start playin, you can download via svn only (please do not create & post the ROM, we will do so soon)...keep in mind, we're still making changes (mods).

https://code.google.com/p/badboyz-m7-lollipop/source/checkout