Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP][Lollipop MultiColor]Htc_BlinkFeed Port + HtcIME by gakugaku[Jan 14thUpdate]

26th March 2015, 06:08 PM   |  #2131  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,752

3,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Or you can grab them from @xpirt thread looks like he has sense 7 apks also. So no need for me to share my all's from my m9 dump.
26th March 2015, 06:10 PM   |  #2132  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,114

3,099 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

Or you can grab them from @xpirt thread looks like he has sense 7 apks also. So no need for me to share my all's from my m9 dump.

actually everyone can have them now.. m9 system dump is public from days now.
26th March 2015, 06:10 PM   |  #2133  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Thumbs up Anticipating blinkfeed, finally......
Quote:

Well its not that easy. The don't work right out of the sense ROM. Edits r needed. But I having working ones. An no you don't need to make it your permanent home page. I only use it for blinkfeed news. It would need some more editing to fix the layout of home screen to use it everyday cause the isn't fixed for nexus 6 screen as I don't care for that cause I just go to blink feed an read my news then go back to google launcher. Give me a few I'm at work I'll hook u up.

Fan-tastic. I hesitated about moving from HTC One to Nexus 6 over the blinkfeed issue, but saw this thread and decided to go for it; the blinkfeed is the best way to consume media - others are trying, but nothing seems to compare. I'm same way, wasn't planning on making it permanent home screen, i can even do without the dang clock and weather widget, i don't even do facebook or instagram tho if i could add that in later, all the better. So I can wait, and many thanks in advance .
26th March 2015, 06:12 PM   |  #2134  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,752

3,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpirt

Yea I seen that. I had the dump back over month ago but was told I couldn't share it something to do with device not being out but we posted our ROMs an xda said they will leave alone if HTC don't order a C&D...but I see everyone has sense 7 now . I haven't checked out your thread but do u have sense camera working? I got it working on my N6,,I got most all apps working I'm guessing you do also.
26th March 2015, 06:19 PM   |  #2135  
Thanks Meter: 13

204 posts
More
Quote:

Well its not that easy. The don't work right out of the sense ROM. Edits r needed. But I having working ones. An no you don't need to make it your permanent home page. I only use it for blinkfeed news. It would need some more editing to fix the layout of home screen to use it everyday cause the isn't fixed for nexus 6 screen as I don't care for that cause I just go to blink feed an read my news then go back to google launcher. Give me a few I'm at work I'll hook u up.

Is there a way to fix the screen issue for sense home? I know the DPI trick, but from what I've read changing the DPI to 532 on 5.1 sends the phone into a optimizing apps boot loop...
26th March 2015, 06:45 PM   |  #2136  

12 posts
More
Quote:

Hmm. Went to your thread and see that these are the same files, which download to a MEGA acct which I set up when I first heard about this over on Droidnews where they posted that link. I'll try again, only doing the Sense 7 ones (they have the Sense 6 still listed, and suggested I try downloading BOTH) and see if it will work now. I'll report back shortly, but I'm braced for disappointment again. Still:

First edit: The Weather file (9.18mb) still will not install, saying "App not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." Prob cuz I have so many weather apps - including Accuweather - already installed on the nexus 6 when I transferred all my apps from the old HTC One M7. okay, resuming now.....

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondep

Hmm. Went to your thread and see that these are the same files, which download to a MEGA acct which I set up when I first heard about this over on Droidnews where they posted that link. I'll try again, only doing the Sense 7 ones (they have the Sense 6 still listed, and suggested I try downloading BOTH) and see if it will work now. I'll report back shortly, but I'm braced for disappointment again. Still:

First edit: The Weather file (9.18mb) still will not install, saying "App not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." Prob cuz I have so many weather apps - including Accuweather - already installed on the nexus 6 when I transferred all my apps from the old HTC One M7. okay, resuming now.....

Second edit: Okay, the rest installed, and then I had to go into Settings>Home to change to Sense, since I guess once a launcher is set as "Home", the option no longer comes up - is there any way to change that back? Give the option every time, like it used to? (I changed it when someone suggested I had to make Sense my permanent home page in order to get it to show the newsfeeds on Blink). Also, seems the "Start" page ["This Is Blinkfeed", with the two 'tap to start' windows] continues to show up and never 'launches', which has been my problem since the beginning. Sometimes, after going through and making sure all my chosen feeds are checked, I get a window "Unfortunately Sense must close - OK?" with no other option than to check it and....back to Start screen. The furthest it gets is when it finally finishes "Updating" and it shows the "Highlights" word with the 3 bars, but underneath its STILL the same "Tap here to start" etc. All the news sources are checked, swipe from left shows the "Hightlights", but now not even "Reading List" option. Menu button has same thing as "Tap to Start" list. But no blinkfeed.

How does the page know to 'launch' the chosen sources?

Okay, I managed to enter the Menu and go to "Settings", chose the Home Screen panel and that gave me the clock. So that's done. But still....no blinkfeed.

Third and last update for now: rebooted, and STILL get the 2 "Tap to start" windows. Constantly "updating"; went to settings and saw a "Cancel sync" option, but didn't touch it. Finally it must've synced, because it went away, and I'm left with what I started with - 2 "Tap to start" windows, and no option to change home screens other than going into Settings to permanently change to Google Now launcher.

Any suggestions on why blinkfeed won't 'launch'? If I go into the "start here" I can drill-down to a particular feed and then that feed will fill my screen and I can scroll down like it's a 'mix', but only for that feed.

Suggestions guys? I bet a lot of other folks have nexus 6 and would want blinkfeed too if they've ever had HTC.
Last edited by Dondep; 26th March 2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Update to recommended fix
26th March 2015, 07:29 PM   |  #2137  
Recognized Contributor

3,099 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Second edit: Okay, the rest installed, and then I had to go into Settings>Home to change to Sense, since I guess once a launcher is set as "Home", the option no longer comes up - is there any way to change that back? Give the option every time, like it used to? (I changed it when someone suggested I had to make Sense my permanent home page in order to get it to show the newsfeeds on Blink). Also, seems the "Start" page ["This Is Blinkfeed", with the two 'tap to start' windows] continues to show up and never 'launches', which has been my problem since the beginning. Sometimes, after going through and making sure all my chosen feeds are checked, I get a window "Unfortunately Sense must close - OK?" with no other option than to check it and....back to Start screen. The furthest it gets is when it finally finishes "Updating" and it shows the "Highlights" word with the 3 bars, but underneath its STILL the same "Tap here to start" etc. All the news sources are checked, swipe from left shows the "Hightlights", but now not even "Reading List" option. Menu button has same thing as "Tap to Start" list. But no blinkfeed.

How does the page know to 'launch' the chosen sources?

Okay, I managed to enter the Menu and go to "Settings", chose the Home Screen panel and that gave me the clock. So that's done. But still....no blinkfeed.

Third and last update for now: rebooted, and STILL get the 2 "Tap to start" windows. Constantly "updating"; went to settings and saw a "Cancel sync" option, but didn't touch it. Finally it must've synced, because it went away, and I'm left with what I started with - 2 "Tap to start" windows, and no option to change home screens other than going into Settings to permanently change to Google Now launcher.

Any suggestions on why blinkfeed won't 'launch'? If I go into the "start here" I can drill-down to a particular feed and then that feed will fill my screen and I can scroll down like it's a 'mix', but only for that feed.

Suggestions guys? I bet a lot of other folks have nexus 6 and would want blinkfeed too if they've ever had HTC.

you have to go on menu and + button to add your feeds. if you've already done that and they don't show up you probably have installed either fitbit, flickr, tumblr or foursquare which cause this. btw here it's not the right place to talk about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to xpirt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 11:51 PM   |  #2138  

12 posts
More
Quote:

you have to go on menu and + button to add your feeds. if you've already done that and they don't show up you probably have installed either fitbit, flickr, tumblr or foursquare which cause this. btw here it's not the right place to talk about it.

Okay thanks. That must be it then; I'd already done the + button and added feeds, and they won't show. Noticed that when "Services and apps" updated, it shows both Flickr and Tumblr (and Foursquare, which I don't have) -- but no little box to check off. If I click on them anyway, I'm taken to the Play store (presumably to either install, which I thought, or uninstall, which you're suggesting). I'll try disabling them for now, see if that allows Blinkfeed.

Also, the other question about not having ability to choose home-screen launcher any more; any ideas on that?
Yesterday, 12:08 AM   |  #2139  
Recognized Contributor

3,099 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

lAlso, the other question about not having ability to choose home-screen launcher any more; any ideas on that?

didn't understand it, can you rephrase the explanation? (on the other thread)
Last edited by xpirt; Yesterday at 12:10 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread