Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

RDF Discussion Thread for Sprint Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P)

5th March 2015, 06:15 PM   |  #371  
mmark27's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood

After looking at the rdf i went to the edge forum and seen a person post about there co-worker getting lollipop today. Kinda makes me 2nd guess on the typo and it being for us s5 users since we've been on Official 5.0 for a month now

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well, we have OA6 currently, so typo in the address bar or in the RDF, eitherway typo.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5
5th March 2015, 06:16 PM   |  #372  
mmark27's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

We should consider ourselves fortunate.
The international Android 5 has gotten a bunch of different builds in rapid succession and (knock on wood) OA6 has been a pretty solid build for us that fixed a lot of issues that were in the leaked build we were running for a while.

There's still a LOT to work out in our OA6 build. Memory leaks and terrible battery life. Should be fixed up with the next 5.0.1, 5.0.2, or 5.1 builds though.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5
16th March 2015, 06:09 PM   |  #373  
mmark27's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I'm going to assume at this point that Samsung/Sprint are either 1) waiting for post S6 release to fix these issues or 2) waiting for Google's 5.1 code to build upon. Sounds like 5.1 doesn't have all the memory leaks patched up yet, but did fix quite a few things in the base code that will/would help us.

The complainers users over on the Sprint forums have hit a fever pitch of issues like notifications not working until one is on WiFi, random reboots, terrible battery life, apps crashing, etc. that the CSR reps have just given up and say, "A software update will be released to fix this, but we have no time table on when that might be." I mean, overall my phone functions as long as I'm near a power source, but I sure hope that 5.1 comes along shortly.....or we start seeing some new RDFs posted.
17th March 2015, 04:02 AM   |  #374  
elwood's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Menasha, Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 1,036
 
1,239 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

I'm going to assume at this point that Samsung/Sprint are either 1) waiting for post S6 release to fix these issues or 2) waiting for Google's 5.1 code to build upon. Sounds like 5.1 doesn't have all the memory leaks patched up yet, but did fix quite a few things in the base code that will/would help us.

The complainers users over on the Sprint forums have hit a fever pitch of issues like notifications not working until one is on WiFi, random reboots, terrible battery life, apps crashing, etc. that the CSR reps have just given up and say, "A software update will be released to fix this, but we have no time table on when that might be." I mean, overall my phone functions as long as I'm near a power source, but I sure hope that 5.1 comes along shortly.....or we start seeing some new RDFs posted.

I honestly don't understand what everyone is complaining about or if im just that lucky because i have absolutely ZERO issues on 5.0 besides the lag while entering Security from Settings, but I only ever go in there once to make sure that "unknown sources" is checked

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
17th March 2015, 06:07 PM   |  #375  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 2,119
 
5,095 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood

I honestly don't understand what everyone is complaining about or if im just that lucky because i have absolutely ZERO issues on 5.0 besides the lag while entering Security from Settings, but I only ever go in there once to make sure that "unknown sources" is checked

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I experience redraws after taking pics.
27th March 2015, 03:40 AM   |  #376  
Junior Member
Flag Pinehurst
Thanks Meter: 7
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
More
This might be a little off topic but was curious about something. Maybe some of you Samsung vets can give some insight. Will the S5 ever see the version of "touch wiz" that is going to be on the S6? I'm talking about the themes and new animation, etc.
27th March 2015, 12:22 PM   |  #377  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 8,125
 
4,885 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putterboy75

This might be a little off topic but was curious about something. Maybe some of you Samsung vets can give some insight. Will the S5 ever see the version of "touch wiz" that is going to be on the S6? I'm talking about the themes and new animation, etc.

You may see it down the road, Samsung often offers parts or all of it after the honeymoon period on the flagship device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rdf, sgs5, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes