Originally Posted by CrashOverride1995
GLTools is an application similar to ChainFire 3D which have many extra features than ChainFire 3D.Let's take a look at those features.
1. 16-bit rendering.
2. Lower rendering resolution.
3. Optimize Shaders.
4. Texture resizing.
5. FPS counter.
6. Fake GPU name.
CREDITS:- @n0n3m4 (app developer)
**THIS IS THE XDA VERSION OF THE APP BY THE DEVELOPER FOR THE XDA COMMUNITY**
1. Download & Install the apk from the link mentioned.
2. Tick all the three options(at bottom of screen) and click Install.
3. Grant SU permissions.
4. Phone will reboot automatically(if it doesn't reboot manually).
5. After reboot open GLTools and choose the desired app from the app list.
6. Tick "Enable custom settings for this app" , "Force 16 bit rendering" , "Optimize GLSL shader" and "Use fake GPU info".
7. Click "Use a template" and select GPU of your choice.
8. Launch the app for which you changed the settings and feel the difference.
Hi. I'm having a problem with my GLTools. I installed it and granted it SU permissions, enabled custom settings, optimised GPS settings, etc for Nvidia Shield exclusive games: "Portal" and "Half-Life 2" which runs on the Tegra 4 template, however the app crashes after the Valve logo, as it would without the GLTools app. I have installed the apk and downloaded all the correct data for the apps. How can I get this app to start working correctly with my Tegra apps so they can run on my phone without crashing before they start? I contacted the developer. He was no help. I have an LG Optimus G running on Android 4.1.2. Thanks for your help and have a great day!
P.S. Settings I have tried for both of my apps include: Enable custom settings for this app, optimise GLSL shades, use fake gpu info, use a template (Tegra 4), simple mapbuffer emulation, software VBO emulation, use packed stencil buffer, half-float texture hack, fix FBO attachment sizes, and decode sRGB.