Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HOW-TO][ROOT][4NOOBS] Resize sdcard0 and internal storage to maximize space for apps

25th February 2015, 01:16 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
hi!
repartitoning works great a really good guide i only have one problem after i did it i can't install any other rom,does anyone have a similar problem?
2nd March 2015, 05:46 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 19

118 posts
More
What purpose does all the stuff with using the Stock ROM plus the special recovery serve?
I'm just curious whether I can do the stuff on a Custom ROM, too. I can "adb shell" into it already, so that's no that of a problem. The partitions are just "plain" ext4 - so nothing problematic there, too.
Is the Stock ROM needed for Step 19? It's actually the only thing I'm kinda worried about...

EDIT:
Just looked at the linked thread, there you say sth. that there were issues with the "current" recovery, so this might be over now .
Never seen something that a special ROM is needed for that, why did you include that in the thread?
With my phone I even have make_ext4fs, so this *might* even be easier

UPDATE #1:
Just tried it with Neo's mint ROM, seems to boot already

Maybe I'm providing a script that makes it even more easier later on - but currently final exams are waiting.

UPDATE #2:
Everything works. CM at first didn't recognize the sdcard0, but I could open it in filemanager but nowhere else, but after going to Settings->Storage->Erase SDCard this is completely fixed

UPDATE #3:
Maybe this *could* work. I don't know whether everybody has make_ext4, nor whether the parted version of android can do that --script stuff, but if, it should work...
Code:
umount /storage
parted --script /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm 14
parted --script /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm 15
parted --script /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs logical ext2 1621 7865
parted --script /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs logical ext2 7865 15.6GB
parted --script /dev/block/mmcblk0 name 14 Userdata
parted --script /dev/block/mmcblk0 name 15 SDCard
make_ext4fs /storage/sdcard0
/storage/sdcard1/fs-utils/tune2fs -j /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
/storage/sdcard1/fs-utils/tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
/storage/sdcard1/fs-utils/e2fsck -fpDC0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
Last edited by LeonardK; 2nd March 2015 at 07:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeonardK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 08:58 PM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
In OP post there is sentence:
"1621 (or another number you recorded in step 11) + additional space = new end. I added 4GB (4 1024MB = 4096MB) so my new end point was 7865"
I am not sure if I am wrong about it but shouldn't it be 5717 as new end ? I know that is only exemple but still I want to be sure if I am making bad calculations or its just little mistake
Today, 08:01 AM   |  #124  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
The calculation in the OP is correct. He ADDED another 4GB to the existing size. That's why he ends at 7865.

sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread