FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[TUTE][TIPS] Android RAM Management

303 posts
Thanks Meter: 212

By mrhnet, Senior Member on 14th May 2014, 07:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th July 2014, 08:05 AM |#31  
Flag Madurai
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhnet

It works for setting minfrees and other tweaks. Jar patching is needed for "supercharging" oom priorities. So, v6 might say 50% Supercharged without jar patching.

yup its shows 50% supercharging.
so its working 50% only huh? without jar patching right?

Sent from my IMO S89 using Tapatalk

12th July 2014, 06:59 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrastus

yup its shows 50% supercharging.
so its working 50% only huh? without jar patching right?

Sent from my IMO S89 using Tapatalk

Jar patching is needed for changing Home launcher and other oom priorities. But with xposed module mentioned in the OP, can make Home launcher stay in memory. If need other benefits of jar patching, can go ahead with it. However, setting minfrees by v6 works well even without jar patching (not that it's working only half).
25th July 2014, 07:23 AM |#33  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Thumbs up
very good
28th July 2014, 02:37 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Hi, I used the app mentioned in OP to make home launcher resident, saved and forced stop xperia home so it will relaunch with new settings but still when Im in album for a little bit time or I open some apps together like viber and messaging and I press home button, home redraws!
any help?!
1st August 2014, 05:47 AM |#35  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianush

Hi, I used the app mentioned in OP to make home launcher resident, saved and forced stop xperia home so it will relaunch with new settings but still when Im in album for a little bit time or I open some apps together like viber and messaging and I press home button, home redraws!
any help?!

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier..

As mentioned in the OP, can see whether making Home "resident" results in oom_adj status change:

Usually Home (eg: nova launcher) stays as a HIDDEN app, so easily killed when RAM goes down..

After making it "resident", it becomes a FOREGROUND app.

*If this is not happening, maybe something wrong with Xposed module setup. If it gets killed even as a FOREGROUND app, maybe the Minfrees are set too high for the FOREGROUND app shutdown (described in the OP). Also, try Greenify to hybernate unnecessary apps. Jar patching is a another option to make Home stay in RAM.

Frankly, now I'm on custom KK ROMs without using any of the tweaks mentioned in the OP and having very good multitasking and free RAM. Available for LBL too. May as well give 'em a try :P
Last edited by mrhnet; 1st August 2014 at 05:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhnet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2014, 09:55 AM |#36  
Flag Alexandria, Egypt
Thanks Meter: 15

More
@mrhnet
Thanks for your tips
but I tried those methods with CM12 rom and non of these are working !
used to get it working with previous KK and JB roms...
even the Terminal method, it diplays "access denied" with SU granted of course !
any ideas why or how to fix it ? cause I got tired searching allover the internet and finding nothing !
Thank you

Fixed by Mr.Steve
enter that code first
Code:
chmod 666 <pathtotheminfreesysfsfile>
And then try setting the values again.
Great Thanks to him
Last edited by M7mdA7md7sein; 23rd December 2014 at 01:41 PM.
31st December 2014, 07:44 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,
I'm trying to deactivate nfc service and mirrorlink since I don't use that atm, but no way....
Also if deactivated from app menu, I still have that two in memory manager that eats constantly about 80 Mb if ram...
Any tip? I don't want to completely uninstall they...maybe I need in future...
6th January 2015, 03:43 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo75

Hi,
I'm trying to deactivate nfc service and mirrorlink since I don't use that atm, but no way....
Also if deactivated from app menu, I still have that two in memory manager that eats constantly about 80 Mb if ram...
Any tip? I don't want to completely uninstall they...maybe I need in future...

Yes, just uninstall them. Make a backup before with TB.
I uninstalled almost all Sony apps, and all the stuff I don't use (mirrorlink, nfc, throw, facebook, timescape, sony camera, albums, movies, etc.), and everything works perfectly. 323MB free RAM after boot (with some apps running in background like pushbullet, hangouts, dropbox...). Also removed a lot of Google related stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to thewild For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2015, 10:45 AM |#39  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 37

More
@mrhnet , I applied very aggressive values 5 ,10, 400 ,400 ,400 ,400 via minfree manager . But even if I minimise gta san andreas (uses 200mb+ ram) ,it does not get killed. Question is , why ?

I use an xperia tipo which has 404 mb of ram.
Last edited by Anupam_Dey; 29th March 2015 at 10:54 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, fix, management, memory, ram
Previous Thread Next Thread