Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][XPOSED] MotoMagnetOff - Disable magnet sensor

23rd February 2015, 10:15 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacThere4iAm

Hi dubidu, this mod looks like what I need for a Moto G 2014 with a faulty magnet sensor that keeps the screen off permanently. Only trouble is, I can't manage to install it without the screen working! Is there any way to temporarily force the effect long enough to install Xposed and MotoMagnetOff?
The handset is rooted already.

I'm in the same boat with my nexus 5, did you make any progress on it. Water damage seems to have made the magnet sensor faulty so it always senses a magnet as present. So the screen immediately locks after I unlock it. I can use adb shell to run whatever commands as root I need but not sure if we can install Xpose and this module without using the phone's screen. An easier method might be to flash a new kernel with the module disabled. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=10 mentions shows where it can be modified in the kernel but I haven't found that source file in the kernel for lollipop and nexus 5.
26th February 2015, 03:40 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I just did
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlollomanx

Anyone have tested this module on lollipop?

Just tested it on lollipop with nexus 5 and it didn't work. Magnetic screen still locks screen as usual.
Guess there's a different function that it need to tie into for lollipop to work. I'd be willing to test any other version if you want to make something for lollipop.
The Following User Says Thank You to superdav42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2015, 11:16 PM |#93  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Tested successfully in lollipop with Samsung galaxy s4 mini i9105. Thanks
29th March 2015, 04:38 PM |#94  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 98

781 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav42

Just tested it on lollipop with nexus 5 and it didn't work. Magnetic screen still locks screen as usual.
Guess there's a different function that it need to tie into for lollipop to work. I'd be willing to test any other version if you want to make something for lollipop.

This module works for me on lollipop (cm12) using a note 4 with the Samsung flip cover
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magnet xposed disable cover
Previous Thread Next Thread