Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Kernel][CM][4.4.4][October 22] TinyKernel

Announcement from tiny4579: TinyKernel 2.3 is live! Please check the OP for details
14th March 2015, 03:12 AM |#221  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,520

8,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

I wanna do one more build for cm11. No ETA's.

I forgot about this. I could push an update for cm11 but I'm not sure much changed on the cm11 upstream side.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2015, 04:12 AM |#222  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 286

718 posts
More
Quote:

I forgot about this. I could push an update for cm11 but I'm not sure much changed on the cm11 upstream side.

Can you do one for CM12 ?
No Updated Kernel is there
16th March 2015, 03:06 AM |#223  
OP Recognized Developer

8,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Eyes

Can you do one for CM12 ?
No Updated Kernel is there

Not sure now. My brother was in need of a phone. His sgs2 had a charger port issue and could not hold s charge well anymore, so my m7 went to him. Anything cm related could not be easily tested. So I don't know if anything will happen here kernel wise now.
16th March 2015, 03:22 AM |#224  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 286

718 posts
More
Quote:

Not sure now. My brother was in need of a phone. His sgs2 had a charger port issue and could not hold s charge well anymore, so my m7 went to him. Anything cm related could not be easily tested. So I don't know if anything will happen here kernel wise now.

You can build , We are here to test for you
29th March 2015, 03:13 PM |#225  
OP Recognized Developer

8,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Eyes

You can build , We are here to test for you

Possibly, but I hate blind building, especially when doing anything other than updating from upstream. Are there still no cm12 custom kernels?

I thought about making double tap to wake the standard if I ever do an update, but the proximity detection seems to introduce a slight screen on delay.
29th March 2015, 08:36 PM |#226  
Flag Sarasota, FL
Thanks Meter: 8

56 posts
More
Quote:

Possibly, but I hate blind building, especially when doing anything other than updating from upstream. Are there still no cm12 custom kernels?

I thought about making double tap to wake the standard if I ever do an update, but the proximity detection seems to introduce a slight screen on delay.

I haven't found a good CM12 kernel yet. The one shipped with the nightlies has been unstable on my wifes M7.

Granted, it's her phone, and I don't use it at all. I have seen it random reboot on her while we were together.

If you can make a CM12 kernel that increases reliability, that alone would be much appreciated.
29th March 2015, 08:44 PM |#227  
OP Recognized Developer

8,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nergrum

I haven't found a good CM12 kernel yet. The one shipped with the nightlies has been unstable on my wifes M7.

Granted, it's her phone, and I don't use it at all. I have seen it random reboot on her while we were together.

If you can make a CM12 kernel that increases reliability, that alone would be much appreciated.

That's going to be difficult without logs and without easy access to the device. It could be multiple causes of a reboot. What would be needed is to get last_kmsg from /proc after it reboots. Ethan Chen/intervigil could probably decipher it better than me but I don't mind taking a look if you can get one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread