FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[Solved]Deleted the weather app animations

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By aliud, Member on 1st April 2014, 05:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, after a factory reset from twrp, i lost all the preinstalled apps and the weather app animation. Right now i'm downloadind viper one to try to extract them e put them back into my one. Should it works? Any other help?

Edit
Just extact from any stock-based rom the folder "weather" from system>media and put into the same folder in my One. Put permission to 755, restart and everything works fine!
Last edited by aliud; 1st April 2014 at 10:05 PM.

10th May 2014, 02:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliud

Hi, after a factory reset from twrp, i lost all the preinstalled apps and the weather app animation. Right now i'm downloadind viper one to try to extract them e put them back into my one. Should it works? Any other help?

Edit
Just extact from any stock-based rom the folder "weather" from system>media and put into the same folder in my One. Put permission to 755, restart and everything works fine!

I need some help. I have the same problem. I downloaded a stock rom and copied the folder on my phone via usb cable. I tried to copy the weather folder in /system/media and it only copies around 20 files, not all 36 of them. Anyway, after reboot the folder is gone. Can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong and why does the folder disappear on restart?
10th May 2014, 03:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,082

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhm81

I need some help. I have the same problem. I downloaded a stock rom and copied the folder on my phone via usb cable. I tried to copy the weather folder in /system/media and it only copies around 20 files, not all 36 of them. Anyway, after reboot the folder is gone. Can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong and why does the folder disappear on restart?

You can't write files to /system unless you have an unsecured kernel, otherwise all files will be deleted after reboot like you are experiencing. Weather animations are stored in /data/preload btw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-10-10-03-01[1].jpg
Views:	58
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	2736085  
10th May 2014, 03:17 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

You can't write files to /system unless you have an unsecured kernel, otherwise all files will be deleted after reboot like you are experiencing. Weather animations are stored in /data/preload btw.

ok, thanks for the info. I copied the files in data/preload and restarted the phone and it doesn't work. I rooted my phone a week ago and I noticed the weather wasn't animated anymore and I searched the forum for a solution and this thread said "solved" and that was the solution to copy them in system/media/weather/. Do you have any idea why isn't it working?

Thanks!

nervermind - permissions 755
Last edited by paulhm81; 10th May 2014 at 03:34 PM.
10th May 2014, 03:41 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhm81

ok, thanks for the info. I copied the files in data/preload and restarted the phone and it doesn't work. I rooted my phone a week ago and I noticed the weather wasn't animated anymore and I searched the forum for a solution and this thread said "solved" and that was the solution to copy them in system/media/weather/. Do you have any idea why isn't it working?

Thanks!

nervermind - permissions 755

I guess it depend on what sw version you are. On dev edition sw they are located in /data/preload. If you lost you weather animation, I guess its because you have unlocked bootloader. When you unlock the bootloader, /data get wiped including the /preload folder where stock apps like calculator, flashlight etc are stored and where the weather animations are stored. Don't forget to set permission to rw-r-r for all files in /data/preload
Last edited by alray; 10th May 2014 at 03:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2015, 05:12 PM |#6  

More
Same issue for unlock bootloader
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

I guess it depend on what sw version you are. On dev edition sw they are located in /data/preload. If you lost you weather animation, I guess its because you have unlocked bootloader. When you unlock the bootloader, /data get wiped including the /preload folder where stock apps like calculator, flashlight etc are stored and where the weather animations are stored. Don't forget to set permission to rw-r-r for all files in /data/preload

Can u please tell me if I Lock the bootloader again (and of course doing a factory reset):
*Loose root access?
*can have flashlight, calculator and whether animations back?
30th March 2015, 09:24 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhX

Can u please tell me if I Lock the bootloader again (and of course doing a factory reset):
*Loose root access?
*can have flashlight, calculator and whether animations back?

no. Factory reset wipe user data stored in /data partition. Root files are stored in /system partition so a factory reset will not unroot the phone. Relocking the bootloader (and/or factory reset) will not restore wiped apps (apps stored in /data/preload) caused by htcdev.com bootloader unlock. All files in /data/preload must be restored manually or you have to reset your phone back to 100% stock using a ruu, a nandroid backup, a stock odexed rom or a guru reset rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2015, 10:34 PM |#8  

More
Got it!

Would you mind giving me that apk's & animations so I can install/put them in their folders back? 😶

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
30th March 2015, 10:45 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhX

Got it!

Would you mind giving me that apk's & animations so I can install/put them in their folders back? 😶

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

There are all different depeding your phone software version number. Post the output of "fastboot getvar all" except the imei and serialno.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread