Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM]【5.0.1】Google Play Edition 【JFLTE-GPE】 - 03-03-2015

28th March 2015, 08:36 PM |#5251  
Thanks Meter: 18

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdubl

I notice a lot of lag on the recent apps when opening it, if you haven't used it in a while. I'd be very interested to know if this is search related and fixable. Never happened on kitkat, it would open/close instantaneously every time.

I agree completely. Very smooth on kk. The way I look at it, it takes a few seconds to bring up Google search after clicking on it, I would imagine it adds to the hiccup when opening and closing recent apps. It's built in to my home screen, why the F would I need it on my recent?
The Following User Says Thank You to IMMORTALKING69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2015, 05:26 PM |#5252  
Thanks Meter: 164

690 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMMORTALKING69

I agree completely. Very smooth on kk. The way I look at it, it takes a few seconds to bring up Google search after clicking on it, I would imagine it adds to the hiccup when opening and closing recent apps. It's built in to my home screen, why the F would I need it on my recent?

Makes perfect sense. And the delay does appear to be the exact same as opening Search after a period of non-use. Maybe this is something Dan can address now that we think we know the cause.
29th March 2015, 06:52 PM |#5253  
Thanks Meter: 12

190 posts
It could be the difference between 5.0.1 and updated builds. It may be a non issue by the time we see 5.1 on the GS4 anyway.
29th March 2015, 11:24 PM |#5254  
Thanks Meter: 18

120 posts
So I noticed this today. Family member took a picture, on factory gs5 4.4.4, sent it to me Dan's gpe 5.0.1, my dad, gs4 stock 4.4.2, sister, stock gs5 5.0. The pic comes in at 1280x720 nice and clear on there phones and on mine, 480x320 not clear obviously. To my knowledge, this has been like this for me since flashing Roms. I always thought it was just downgraded BC of the network. Is this from factory software or what? I'm using Google messenger FYI. There using stock tw messenger.
Yesterday, 04:20 PM |#5255  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 63

561 posts
More
Occasional WiFi disconnect
Occasionally I find the my phone has disconnected from my home WiFi network. When going to the WiFi set up screen it say something like "Authentication issue." When I select the access point and hit connect the phone quickly reattaches with making no changes to the WiFi settings.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

I am going to try "Forgetting the setting" and creating a new profile to see if that helps. Otherwise the latest ROM (3/15) is working great.
Today, 02:08 AM |#5256  
Thanks Meter: 164

690 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadBen

It could be the difference between 5.0.1 and updated builds. It may be a non issue by the time we see 5.1 on the GS4 anyway.

I don't know that we are guaranteed to see 5.1, although I do expect it.
Today, 02:48 AM |#5257  
Thanks Meter: 54

470 posts
Can someone tell me whether you can dial out using the stock dialer using your Google Voice number on the latest versions of this ROM. Last time I tried it wouldn't work. It's been a while though. Thanks.
Today, 06:06 AM |#5258  
Thanks Meter: 9

381 posts
Anyone have any issues w/ sending/receiving picture messages? For some reason it says download failed for me everytime.
Today, 07:47 AM |#5259  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 11

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swieder711

Occasionally I find the my phone has disconnected from my home WiFi network. When going to the WiFi set up screen it say something like "Authentication issue." When I select the access point and hit connect the phone quickly reattaches with making no changes to the WiFi settings.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

I am going to try "Forgetting the setting" and creating a new profile to see if that helps. Otherwise the latest ROM (3/15) is working great.

Happens to me all the time, I just deal with it because IDK about a fix.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread