FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Does fm radio exist on LG G3?

18th December 2014, 06:52 AM |#41  
Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 21

More
AT&T D850 have FM circuitry "deleted".

29th December 2014, 08:03 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank's
thank you mike
28th March 2015, 08:31 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Post I found the service manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Usually and in general, slight variants (tr) of phones with working FM will work, at least if rooted and running my Spirit1 app. Turning Bluetooth off first may help, and waiting at least 15 seconds at startup may be needed.

Pretty much all phones have the needed "hardware" in the FM/BT/WiFi combo chip. But hardware disabled phones have the FM antenna pin grounded and thus useless.

Only exception I've ever seen to this is on the G2, which had a very unusual FM/BT switch chip for audio. G3 might possibly have the same, but my primary thoughts about G2 was that the chip was a strange hack they might not repeat for the G3.

G2 service manuals had schematics that better verified. Perhaps the G3 will have service manuals eventually released/leaked to confirm.

I came across the service manual. I'm really not sure how to understand all that into but if it helps someone figure this out if FM can work I'll send it to you. Just PM me with into its like 69mb large over 350 pages.
31st March 2015, 10:00 AM |#44  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 3,530

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meladori30

I came across the service manual. I'm really not sure how to understand all that into but if it helps someone figure this out if FM can work I'll send it to you. Just PM me with into its like 69mb large over 350 pages.

Just send me a link via email: mikereidis@gmail.com .

In most cases like this, if the schematic has the details, it shows that FM antenna connection is optional, without any indication of which variants are connected or not.

I am pretty sure it's a lost cause.

It's rare these days for a phone with no stock FM app to be able to work. Only examples I can think of are the 2 year old HTC One M7 GPE Google Play Edition, 1 year old-ish Verizon HTC One M8 and Verizon Xperia Z3v I think.

FM on Android flagships is dying; my terminallty decling Spirit income shows that, and I am now looking to move into the Android Auto world.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread