Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][XPOSED] Fire TV Mods by rbox

29th March 2015, 06:15 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 12

168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomParis01

I would like to bind the "RecentsOnMenuLong" to a long press of the "Play/Pause" key for 51.1.5.0. How do I manage that?

I have not tested this, but thought about doing similar but with the long press of the Menu key instead of home.

<string name="KEYCODE_MENU_LONG">"RecentsOnMenuLong"</string>

I just don't know if "RecentsOnMenuLong" is the correct code for bringing up the recents menu
Last edited by Skater4599; 29th March 2015 at 06:21 PM.
29th March 2015, 06:47 PM |#222  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 879

845 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I would like to bind the "RecentsOnMenuLong" to a long press of the "Play/Pause" key for 51.1.5.0. How do I manage that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater4599

I have not tested this, but thought about doing similar but with the long press of the Menu key instead of home.

<string name="KEYCODE_MENU_LONG">"RecentsOnMenuLong"</string>

I just don't know if "RecentsOnMenuLong" is the correct code for bringing up the recents menu

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Android has the builtin ability to open the recents when long pressing the home. So by default I would just enable that if there wasn't already a binding for the home long. In theory it would be possible to bind it to an arbitrary key, but that would take more code. I'll definitely put it on the list of things.
29th March 2015, 06:51 PM |#223  
Thanks Meter: 12

168 posts
Thanks for clarification rbox, appreciate the help in any case, its not that big of a deal can definitely wait, its not a problem.
29th March 2015, 11:50 PM |#224  
Flag Ruhrgebiet
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Android has the builtin ability to open the recents when long pressing the home. So by default I would just enable that if there wasn't already a binding for the home long. In theory it would be possible to bind it to an arbitrary key, but that would take more code. I'll definitely put it on the list of things.

Thanks for explaining! Would it be possible to manage it the other way around, namely leaving the recent apps on the home key and binding the new 51.1.5.0 menu to another key?
Yesterday, 12:15 AM |#225  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 879

845 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Thanks for explaining! Would it be possible to manage it the other way around, namely leaving the recent apps on the home key and binding the new 51.1.5.0 menu to another key?

Probably possible. I haven't had time yet to look at how they are launching the menu.
Yesterday, 01:31 PM |#226  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Quote:

+1

This would be ideal...have the new menu on the play/pause button and recents on the home button.
Today, 03:55 PM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
This is a great thread and a way to bypass the Amazon home screen. I added the XBMC launcher and everyone was working great until the other day it got stuck. I could only access the voice commands for the Fire TV but Kodi would not come up. So I was able to get around this by using ADB and uninstall org.xbmc.kodi and that worked! I'll be reinstalling this sometime soon.

So my question is: How do I get the Fire TV home button and the bootup to start with the Amazon home instead of Kodi? Is it as simple as uninstalling XBMC Launcher?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed
Previous Thread Next Thread