Carbon Rom 4.4.2 Q&A thread

Search This thread

andy14tuyul

Jan 24, 2015
can't flash gapps

hii.. my phone is sony xperia sk17i, n today i flash it with carbon rom, n it works fine.. but i cant flash gapp by CWM.. why?? anyone can help me? its full modular package...

vichu_005

Nov 11, 2014
Overheating problem

I am using Xperia mini St15i. Installed carbon latest nightly from the downloads. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the overheating of phone and battery?? Please. Urgent

ArcWedges

Dec 14, 2014
carbon rom recovery question

Sorry i just begin to get a grasp on all android vocabulary but i couldnt find the answer i was looking for :

as i understand, some roms have recovery pre-packaged with them

my question is : is the Carbon Rom img packaged on their site includes a recovery system or do i have to install beforehand either twrp or cwm ?

My setup for now : i had some troubles with cwm, had some boot loop issues -didnt even try to change rom but when i rebooted after going into cwm menu, bootloop.
Anyway, i reflashed a stock ICS. Of course i can go for twrp directly but still i m curious about how do you know if an img like the Carbon rom contains already a recovery system.

Thanks

edit : had an answer on the irc channel of the team, KK carbon rom img comes with packaged CWM it seems.

Last edited:

galarpo

Jun 20, 2011
Recovey

Hello m8 the recovery comes in the kernel not in the rom, usually all custom roms bring their own kernel, its the boot.img file inside the zip , to make sure it has a recovery go to the kernel thread\page. Regarding Carbon rom the boot.img file has a recovery built in it.
You can also try to flash the latest Legacyxperia Kernel and use Carbon rom with it.

Reactions: ArcWedges

mindstorm7734

Aug 17, 2010
Locked Bootloader

Hey, will I be able to flash this ROM on an Arc S with a locked bootloader? Because, unfortunately, my Arc S is of the newer models and I cannot unlock it :/

Feniz

Oct 30, 2011
Buenos Aires
I love this rom

I really like this rom. Go really nice on my coconut but the bluetooth is bugged? i can't turn it on. By the way what is the last released version?

MysteryIII

Nov 7, 2012
For me it's the best ROM you can find around for the old Sony 2011 Devices. I really would love to get this ROM based on Android Lollipop 5.1. Especially now without Xposed working for Legacy ROM you are really missing all the settings and customization options!
I already donated for this ROM but would do it again for one based on Lollipop 5.1!

MysteryIII

Nov 7, 2012
I have another question: is it possible to change partitions to the way they are on LX CM12.1?
It is way better to have internal memory only used for /system and /cache and pushed /data to sd card than working with link2sd. On one hand you have overall more memory, making possible to make more Apps to System-Apps (like custom keyboard) and on the other you are not bound to the limitations of Link2SD. Also direct installing Apps to SD Card is faster than pushing them afterwards.
As I'm using a Class 10 SD-Card I can see only benefits in making /data partition on sd-card.

putrilok

Jun 5, 2015
Whatsapp not working :(

Need help. I am unable to use whatsapp on my device. I got an message saying whatsapp has detected a custom ROM and that it might not work properly. I tried using the backed up data from titanium backup, but din't work. This is the first 4.4 Rom I am using and I love the smoothness. Please help me use whatsapp on this ROM. Is the problem because of using the data backup from an ICS ROM?
Thanks in advance :)

Feniz

Oct 30, 2011
Buenos Aires
Need help. I am unable to use whatsapp on my device. I got an message saying whatsapp has detected a custom ROM and that it might not work properly. I tried using the backed up data from titanium backup, but din't work. This is the first 4.4 Rom I am using and I love the smoothness. Please help me use whatsapp on this ROM. Is the problem because of using the data backup from an ICS ROM?
Thanks in advance :)

Try to install it clean, download it from google play store and let whatsapp do the rest

Roham_r2

Jan 14, 2014
helllllllppppppp

hi . i downloaded the CarbonRom KitKat Neo rom but i dont know how to install it and which kernel i have to use . help plzzz .

Top Liked Posts