Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Huawei Ascend G630 Root & Roms

31st March 2015, 10:32 PM |#171  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Can anyone upload an UPDATE.APP to downgrade B156 to B127?
I can't execute Huawei Update Extractor, so that would be very helpful (actually for many users I think).
Thank you
Yesterday, 06:27 PM |#172  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhristenco

Well, I just did it.
FWIK there are two ways of downgrading: modifying UPDATE.APP (the file OEMSBL_VERLIST) or manual flash. I tried the second method, as I could't calculate the MD5 and CRC of the files inside UPDATE.APP.

First you need to download Huawei Update Extractor from MODACO (sorry, I cannot post links as I don't have enough posts) and the latest version of adb and fastboot for your OS.
Then open Huawei Update Extractor, open UPDATE.APP and extract all the files inside it to a folder on your computer.
After that, connect the phone into USB Debugging Mode and reboot into bootloader ( adb reboot bootloader ).
Then just flash the following partitions with fastboot, in this order: boot, cust, recovery, system, userdata.
Finally, reboot into recovery, wipe data and cache and reboot.

This is how I downgraded from B156 to B127 (both downloaded from this thread).
Although it worked for me, remember: YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!

I managed to take the second method. I flashed successfully boot, recovery, system and userdata, but when I try to flash cust I get FAILED <remote: command not allowed>; why?

And regarding the first method, what should I edit in OEMSBL_VERLIST? I tried to replace this file with the one picked from B156 but then I get an error saying 'invalid package' when I try to install the update.app on my device.

Greetings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei ascend g630, huawei ascend g630-u20, huawei g630
Previous Thread Next Thread