[Kernel][5.1.x][TF300/201][GRIMLOCK KERNEL][APR 02 2015]

Search This thread

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
What to say..... you guys rock!! It's pure delight to watch you in action (and envy you for knowledge and enthusiasm). Looking forward to see your 5.1 Zombi on my Prime. Thx for your work!

Sent from my TF201 using XDA Free mobile app

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
I tried normal version of lollipop kernel as well. The tablet doesn't boot.

Does it bootloop, or constantly reboot, or? Need more information than this

What to say..... you guys rock!! It's pure delight to watch you in action (and envy you for knowledge and enthusiasm). Looking forward to see your 5.1 Zombi on my Prime. Thx for your work!

Have no fear. I have my hands on another Tegra3 tablet right now so pretty much whatever I do with it will transfer over to the transformers just fine :)

emanuele1986

Jun 14, 2011
Does it bootloop, or constantly reboot, or? Need more information than this

Have no fear. I have my hands on another Tegra3 tablet right now so pretty much whatever I do with it will transfer over to the transformers just fine :)

After Asus logo appear linux logo and the function to recognize which file system is installed ( i use f2fs). The tablet remain stuck there or reboot automatically and do the same thing.

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
Patience..... It's been working on (AFAIK). Thank's to guys from Zombi - pop team!!!

Sent from my TF201 using XDA Free mobile app

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009

jimbooo

Jan 22, 2009
Roermond
overclocking problems Cyanogenmod 12

Good evening dear members, I have a problem. I can only overclock up to 1500 MHz. I also get constant message: "error: SU did you grant permission?" in the no frillz cpu app. I have the developer options root access enabled so this is not the problem. can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Jim

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
oh it will work on 5.1

In fact we built zombi-pop 5.1 base for the tf300 with it built in [emoji14]
Hi, Hardslog, first - have a nice day :), second - any chance for the 5.1 "performance" version of your great kernel stripped of the annoying "twitching"? Lite version works like a charm without twitching, but I like the 300 MHz extra bump, that your tweaked kernel is able to squeeze from my Prime (2000 points more in Antutu (10%). No pressure at all, I know your slate digitizer went dead so I'm just asking. Thanks for your work, running Zombi-pop 5.1 with your lite kernel and it's great!

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Good evening dear members, I have a problem. I can only overclock up to 1500 MHz. I also get constant message: "error: SU did you grant permission?" in the no frillz cpu app. I have the developer options root access enabled so this is not the problem. can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Jim

Few things, although I cannot confirm anything because I don't run CM.
1) Do you have any SU issues with any other app?
2) It is possible that you might have 'accidentally' denied SU in no frillz. Maybe try to clear data and cache of the app and try again. Or possibly re-install.
3) Have you tried Trickstermod? IMHO it is the de facto free kernel app, of which you can do much more with the Grimlock kernel :)
4) Try one of the 5.1 kernels I just updated? I haven't tried them on CM but I would think that they will work ok.

Hi, Hardslog, first - have a nice day :), second - any chance for the 5.1 "performance" version of your great kernel stripped of the annoying "twitching"? Lite version works like a charm without twitching, but I like the 300 MHz extra bump, that your tweaked kernel is able to squeeze from my Prime (2000 points more in Antutu (10%). No pressure at all, I know your slate digitizer went dead so I'm just asking. Thanks for your work, running Zombi-pop 5.1 with your lite kernel and it's great!

Hey @JuraP. Thanks for your support and reminding me to upload the new 5.1 versions LOL! They are up now in the downloads section, and thanks to @lj50036 for the help in getting these ready. You are a true monster!

Firstly, the lite version clocks up to 1.7ghz compared to the "performance" version which only clocks 100mhz higher to 1.8. The biggest difference between the two is that in order to get that extra bump in clock speed, we had to do some very aggressive changes to the voltage table and GPU, which was likely what causes the glitchyness on your keyboard.

Secondly, wait..... there is no secondly.... I'll just stop talking now :eek:

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
Few things, although I cannot confirm anything because I don't run CM.
1) Do you have any SU issues with any other app?
2) It is possible that you might have 'accidentally' denied SU in no frillz. Maybe try to clear data and cache of the app and try again. Or possibly re-install.
3) Have you tried Trickstermod? IMHO it is the de facto free kernel app, of which you can do much more with the Grimlock kernel :)
4) Try one of the 5.1 kernels I just updated? I haven't tried them on CM but I would think that they will work ok.

Hey @JuraP. Thanks for your support and reminding me to upload the new 5.1 versions LOL! They are up now in the downloads section, and thanks to @lj50036 for the help in getting these ready. You are a true monster!

Firstly, the lite version clocks up to 1.7ghz compared to the "performance" version which only clocks 100mhz higher to 1.8. The biggest difference between the two is that in order to get that extra bump in clock speed, we had to do some very aggressive changes to the voltage table and GPU, which was likely what causes the glitchyness on your keyboard.

Secondly, wait..... there is no secondly.... I'll just stop talking now :eek:
Strange..... your lite version let's me "oveclock" only up to 1300 MHz.... So no OC at all..... Tried to re-flash the kernel package just now with the same result. The top frequency in Performance settings is 1300 the same in Trickster mod. With performance version the option is up to 1800 MHz

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Strange..... your lite version let's me "oveclock" only up to 1300 MHz.... So no OC at all..... Tried to re-flash the kernel package just now with the same result. The top frequency in Performance settings is 1300 the same in Trickster mod. With performance version the option is up to 1800 MHz

I have other's confirming that 1.7 works fine on their Primes. Can you send me a DMESG?

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
I have other's confirming that 1.7 works fine on their Primes. Can you send me a DMESG?

Will do, in the meantime one picture worth 1000 words :D Is this DMESG right??? Its normally turned on machine with running Android - LITE kernel.....

Attachments

• tmp_12630-Screenshot_2015-04-02-17-36-31-1391301389.png
    tmp_12630-Screenshot_2015-04-02-17-36-31-1391301389.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 203
  • DMESG.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

hardslog

Nov 17, 2009
Here it comes, sir!!! :)

FFS

So it would appear that there is more than one tegra3 model for the TF201. Nice job Asus:

JuraP - Tegra3: CPU Speedo ID 1, Soc Speedo ID 2

lj50036 - Tegra3: CPU Speedo ID 6, Soc Speedo ID 2

Should be easy enough to fix though :)

Reactions: JuraP

JuraP

Sep 7, 2008
FFS

So it would appear that there is more than one tegra3 model for the TF201. Nice job Asus:

JuraP - Tegra3: CPU Speedo ID 1, Soc Speedo ID 2

lj50036 - Tegra3: CPU Speedo ID 6, Soc Speedo ID 2

Should be easy enough to fix though :)

Legends :D !!!!! It´s a pleasure to see you at work, guys :) @hardslog - let me know, if U need a tester for the kernel....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April 2 2015 - NEW VERSION 5.1! Ready for Lollipop 5.1!!!!!

Quick list of features:
    • Overclock up to 1.8GHZ
    • Voltage control
    • Custom GPU overclock
    • Dynamic Fsync Control
    • Interactive and ROW tweaks
    • I/O and MMC tweaks for better performance
    • Auto detects whether you are using data2sd, f2fs or EXT4 - meaning you don't need an f2fs version anymore. At boot time the kernel detects your file system and boots based on what YOU have. Also works with data2sd.
    • Extra governors and I/O Schedulers

Chanegelog

2015-04-02 - Version 5.1
    - Updated the Wifi modules to work with CM12 and Omnirom

2014-10-01 - Version 5.0
    - Updated to work with Lollipop.

2014-10-01 - Version 4.0
    - Fixed the Bluetooth not turning on issue
    - Fixed a few of the dock keys not working (such as disabling the touchpad)
    - Added Pegasusq Governor
    - Added SIO, VR and BFQ I/O Schedulers
    - Made BFQ the default
    - Created a separate build based on Linaro 4.8.3 Toolchains

2014-09-12 - Version 3.0
    - I don't remember now LOL!

Everything should work fine, but this kernel has only been extensively tested on Omnirom and Zombi-Pop.

*NOTE - If you are running this kernel on Katkiss, Version 5.1 likely will not work. You will need 5.0 as 5.0 still uses the wifi modules that katkiss needs.

Also at the end of this post is an app called Performance Profiles. I would suggest anyone who uses this kernel on OMNIROM to install this app, as it will allow you to change the CPU frequency so you aren't always stuck at 1.7GHZ. In CM this feature can be added to the quick settings panel so it is not necessary. It will allow you to toggle between 1GHZ(power save) 1.3GHZ(normal mode) or 1.7GHZ(performance mode). I apologize for the hideous UI, but I'm not a app creater or designer. - NOTE - NOW OBSOLETE

[/HIDE]

A huge thanks to krash1256 and uga_boy for your very kind donations!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Kernel][5.1.x][GRIMLOCK KERNEL], Kernel for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    hardslog, lj50036
    Source Code: https://github.com/Hardslog

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-02

Created 2014-03-26
    Last Updated 2015-04-06
    Download Links!

FLASHING THE KERNEL FROM RECOVERY

Steps

1. Download the Kernel below and save to your internal or external SD Card. Do not unzip the file.

GRIMLOCK KERNEL DOWNLOAD

GRIMLOCK KERNEL Full Mirror 1

GRIMLOCK KERNEL Full Mirror 2
    Courtesy of the LEGEN..... wait for it.........

DARY @lj50036 :laugh:
    If anyone wants to try a 6.0 "version" of Grimlock here are the links

LITE Version
    HEAVY Version ;)

BTW I don't have a shield. I do still have my TF700 though :p
    Update - 2.5 F2FS only

In case anybody still cares, I have made an update to the kernel in the downloads section. Nothing big, just a few tweaks here and there in hopes to squeeze out a bit more I/O performance.
    Thank you!! Already excited and flashing!

Here's a benchmark:

2n8ag7k.png