FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

GPS Issue with LG G2 mini?

25th March 2015, 10:07 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis1608

No, it just has a very bad GPS sensor.

Sent from my D620r [Stock 4.4.2]

Thank you for information, meanwhile I have found this youtube that shows it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmBdDyNpZw

So - Does it mean there is no way to fix it? (replace sensor) .

It looks the only way is to sell it to somebody who does not care about bad GPS signal......

26th March 2015, 10:22 AM |#22  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozka

Thank you for information, meanwhile I have found this youtube that shows it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmBdDyNpZw

So - Does it mean there is no way to fix it? (replace sensor) .

It looks the only way is to sell it to somebody who does not care about bad GPS signal......

There is an app, whose name I can't remember, that improves it slightly.

26th March 2015, 10:39 AM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis1608

There is an app, whose name I can't remember, that improves it slightly.

well, I use activeGPS , but it only slightly helps in case you are walking and randomly opening the mobile to check the location - it puts you faster to the place, but it does not help with accuracy at all.

So no way to tear down the phone, adding some metal wire to help gps antenna?
26th March 2015, 11:39 AM |#24  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozka

well, I use activeGPS , but it only slightly helps in case you are walking and randomly opening the mobile to check the location - it puts you faster to the place, but it does not help with accuracy at all.

So no way to tear down the phone, adding some metal wire to help gps antenna?

I don't know if that will help.

26th March 2015, 12:02 PM |#25  

More
EDit: ok, so the best way is to sell it..
Last edited by jozka; 26th March 2015 at 01:59 PM.
30th March 2015, 03:06 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
lg d620
Stesso identico problema,adesso non ricordo se appena comprato funzionasse a dovere il GPS,ma dopo root niente inutilizzabile.Le ho provate tutte,ma niente, e vi confermo che cambiando ROM provate tre(cm12,Resurrection r.,Pac man)la musica non cambia,e' un problema di firmware.Infatti io ho risolto con LG FLASH TOOL,utilizzando l'opzione CSE FLASH.......(ci sono le guide,okkio solo a flashare il firmware giusto lo trovate tramite imei,fate Backup con LG BACKUP,in modo da non perdere i dati.).Adesso e' piu' di dieci gg che va' alla grande,anche se il modulo secondo me non e' dei migliori,al meglio riesco ad agganciare subito sui 10 sat. ,ma la precisione e' scarsetta,non meno di 15 metri,con un vecchio mediatek faccio meglio.A breve provero' a roottare dinuovo vediamo cosa succede!Spero di essere stato d'aiuto.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Sorry guys i wrote in italian.....
Same problem here,I don't remember if before root was ok,but after it' useless,i've tried everything even tre ROMS(cm12,resurrection r.Pac Man),but it wouldn't work i think it a Firmware problem.I sort it out by reinstalling a firmware with LG FLASH TOOL(there are guides to do it,i've done it by selecting CSE FLASH,just be aware to choose the firmware you'll find it with your emei,and remember to backup with LG BACKUP in order to restore your data afterwords.).Now it's been 10 days and it' working great,but the best is 15 meters Accuracy,i do better with an old Mediatek.Later i'll try to root again to see if it keeps working.Hope this will help.
31st March 2015, 07:26 AM |#27  

More
[/COLOR]Sorry guys i wrote in italian.....
Same problem here,I don't remember if before root was ok,but after it' useless,i've tried everything even tre ROMS(cm12,resurrection r.Pac Man),but it wouldn't work i think it a Firmware problem.I sort it out by reinstalling a firmware with LG FLASH TOOL(there are guides to do it,i've done it by selecting CSE FLASH,just be aware to choose the firmware you'll find it with your emei,and remember to backup with LG BACKUP in order to restore your data afterwords.).Now it's been 10 days and it' working great,but the best is 15 meters Accuracy,i do better with an old Mediatek.Later i'll try to root again to see if it keeps working.Hope this will help.[/QUOTE]

Well, thank you for the tip, however, my wife has got the same phone (no root), and the result (side by side) is the same..
2nd April 2015, 05:28 PM |#28  

More
just for cuirosity, does anybody know, where is the gps chip and antenna located?

I have openned the phone, but I could not find it... (now I know, where is the speaker and gsm antenna )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread