[ROOT KERNEL FOR TowelRoot] Tab Pro 8.4, 10.1

Search This thread

M4r10 22

Oct 7, 2011
Braga
Hi,
I downloaded 2 kernels from the 1st page.
So i need to flash the rootable kernel
in towelroot i need to click on "lambda" and download apk and install it?
and in the end flash the last kernel again (i'm from Portugal, any problem with NG1, my version it's NI1)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Hi,
I downloaded 2 kernels from the 1st page.
So i need to flash the rootable kernel
in towelroot i need to click on "lambda" and download apk and install it?
and in the end flash the last kernel again (i'm from Portugal, any problem with NG1, my version it's NI1)?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you just restated the OP's directions, so you do know what to do. As far as the kernel, you should be fine

Sent from my RAZR-ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: M4r10 22

M4r10 22

Oct 7, 2011
Braga
Where I could get my kernel? (NI1 version, Portugal) In Samobile firmware there are just full rom...

Last edited:

M4r10 22

Oct 7, 2011
Braga
witch the difference between NK1 (Canada 01-11-2014) and NI1 (Portugal 01-12-2014)?

My T320 will work fine with Portuguese NI1 rom and NK1 Kernel?

SM-T325 LTE

Dec 22, 2014
Where I could get my kernel? (NI1 version, Portugal) In Samobile firmware there are just full rom...

You'll want to get the ROM that matches your device and then EXTRACT your kernel from that ROM as a .tar file. Google around a bit. I recall using a utility myself, maybe just 7z, but can't find the link at the moment. But as I recall, you DO want the kernel to be a .tar file for it to be readable for replacing the OLDER one you'll use for running TowelRoot.

M4r10 22

Oct 7, 2011
Braga
You'll want to get the ROM that matches your device and then EXTRACT your kernel from that ROM as a .tar file. Google around a bit. I recall using a utility myself, maybe just 7z, but can't find the link at the moment. But as I recall, you DO want the kernel to be a .tar file for it to be readable for replacing the OLDER one you'll use for running TowelRoot.

I make some search and i found this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446269

In original ROM the kernel is "boot.img"?
I need to put this in the folder of the batch run the script and it creates a (boot.tar.md5, log.txt and boot.img.back) this tar.md5 it's my kernel?

Last edited:

SM-T325 LTE

Dec 22, 2014
did you actually switch to the Canadian ROM from the Portugese? and w/o tripping KNOX? It looks like the Canadian ROM is older than your stock ROM, and there have been hints that replacing even a factory ROM with an EARLIER factory ROM could trip KNOX. I'd like to know if you managed to do a swap w/o tripping KNOX, as I have reasons for doing the same. I've lost track of which device you're using and whether or not you're using TowelRoot - if not, never mind, as this is irrelevant.

M4r10 22

Oct 7, 2011
Braga
I flash kernel rootable from the 1st page. Towelroot page, download apk, run it, install superSU (it ask something about knox that i answare "never"), create my boot.tar.md5 from original rom (portuguese version) and flash it again. Root keep works perfectly and knox still be 0x00.
It's all stock kernel versions, don't dirt knox...

Last edited:

SM-T325 LTE

Dec 22, 2014
I flash kernel rootable from the 1st page. Towelroot page, download apk, run it, install superSU (it ask something about knox that i answare "never"), create my boot.tar.md5 from original rom (portuguese version) and flash it again. Root keep works perfectly and knox still be 0x00.
It's all stock kernel versions, don't dirt knox...

OK. Thanks. I was hoping you'd done the ROM swap to which you alluded earlier. I hope SOMEONE will do that and post the results.

limker

Oct 27, 2010
Hi,

Early in the morning i tried this method and it worked like a charm. Later, there was a OTA update to install. So, i proceed to download and install. When it boots, turns out i have no longer root access and superSU won't open, stays at black screen. No problem, i kinda expected that, so i reflashed the kernel again and towelroot installed root successfully. But SuperSU and other su managers won't work!

What can i do?

Samsung SM-T320

With now KOT49H.T320UEU1AOC1, and before update KOT49H.T320UEU1ANK1.

EDIT (SOLVED): I had to re-install supersu.

Last edited:

george stamatos

Aug 31, 2013
Athens
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
Hi,

Early in the morning i tried this method and it worked like a charm. Later, there was a OTA update to install. So, i proceed to download and install. When it boots, turns out i have no longer root access and superSU won't open, stays at black screen. No problem, i kinda expected that, so i reflashed the kernel again and towelroot installed root successfully. But SuperSU and other su managers won't work!

What can i do?

Samsung SM-T320

With now KOT49H.T320UEU1AOC1, and before update KOT49H.T320UEU1ANK1.

EDIT (SOLVED): I had to re-install supersu.

Did you see any inprovment, is it worth to update? Can you provide OC1 kernel zip if you extract it ? Thanks in advance.

shawnsingh

Aug 1, 2014
Did you see any inprovment, is it worth to update? Can you provide OC1 kernel zip if you extract it ? Thanks in advance.

It is pretty pointless but I encountered a problem. I was in a recovery boot loop and manged to get out of it took about 2 hours to get out of. I can't wait till the ota of lollipop comes.

Sent from my SCH-I545

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

It is pretty pointless but I encountered a problem. I was in a recovery boot loop and manged to get out of it took about 2 hours to get out of. I can't wait till the ota of lollipop comes.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I was also on stock.
The boot loop was the update installation loop. It went to 100 percent then reboots and installs update again.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Reactions: george stamatos

george stamatos

Aug 31, 2013
Athens
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite

Sent from my SCH-I545

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I was also on stock.
The boot loop was the update installation loop. It went to 100 percent then reboots and installs update again.

Sent from my SCH-I545

OK ! Thanks for feedback, I guess I will wait!

Reactions: shawnsingh

strangeFace

Jan 12, 2015
Hi, I'm complete newbie to rooting and I have two questions regarding this procedure :
1. Do I understand this correctly: I can go back to the old kernel, towelroot, then upgrade to the newest version? If so, which part remains old? Or there's no such part and everything will be up to date after this procedure?
2. Do I have to downgrade to kernel linked in the first post or can it be old version for my language downloaded from samsung-updates.com?

sunluck8

Dec 4, 2014
Anyone know what the change log is for T320UEU1AOC1?
Is it worth upgrading to from T320UEU1ANK1?
Is the root kernel available for Towelroot?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you may be aware, GeoHotz has created an app to root an android device using a recently discovered exploit.
    I tried it on my LTE Tab Pro 8.4 which had the latest firmware for my region "BTU" which is NB7,

It wouldn't work, but another XDA member @Inuit, said it worked for him with the DBT NE5 firmware he has on his device.

SO! I downloaded the DBT NE5 file, extracted the Kernel and repackaged it and flashed the Kernel on it's own. Then tried the root method.
    I have now successfully rooted the device and kept Knox at a cool 0x0.

I chose to do things this way, as I wanted to keep my regions firmware and not that of another county.
    So I still have my original firmware, but I am now using the newer Kernel, everything seems to be working fine but considering I only did this 15 minutes ago, I haven't had enough time to test. But connectivity is fine, battery levels fine etc...

UPDATE: Everything is fine for me, loaded Xposed modules, no adverse affects at all

I have attached the repackaged Kernel, all you need to do, is go into download mode and flash the file under the "AP" Tab in Odin 3.09.

Then install the TowelRoot app, which you can get from the links in the thread below:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

Install the latest, SuperSU (again links in the above thread).

You should be rooted and Knox kept at a cool 0x0.

I have tested the this on my Device the T325 and another user tested the Kernel for the Wi-Fi version T320 and are working fine But!
    You try at your own risk!
    Download links below

attachment.php

attachment.php

TR Rootable Kernel for LTE 8.4 SM-T325
    Original NG1 Kernel for LTE 8.4 SM-T325

TR Rootable Kernel for Wi-Fi Only 8.4 SM-T320
    Original NG1 Kernel for Wifi Only 8.4 SM-T320

TR Rootable Kernel for SM-T525 10.1 LTE SM-T525

Since I had to read the 33 pages to root my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 without tripping Knox, here's what I did to root it:

1.- Checked my current firmware: T320UEU1AOC1 with Kernel Version 3.4.0-4441590.
    2.- Downloaded Odin, the Samsung USB Drivers.
    3.- Powered off tablet, then pressed Home + Volume Down + Power, then Volume Up, and plugged in the USB cable after that.
    4.- Loaded Odin, clicked on AP, loaded the TR Rootable Kernel from first post.
    5.- Everything went smoothly, checked the tablet: same firmware and same Kernel version 3.4.0 but way older (from April 2014).
    6.- Went to towelroot.com, downloaded APK, executed it, everything ok, rebooted tablet and it's rooted. Installed SuperSU, disabled Knox (and I have no issues whatsoever).
    7.- Repeated steps 3 and 4 but using stormygal's AOC1 Kernel pack found in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59969126&postcount=302
    8.- Rebooted, still rooted with current firmware and current kernel version.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I read every post and I'm pretty sure every single one was useful.
    The stock kernel in the op is for a g1. I am on K1.

Check my thread. I have the pieces, including kernel. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2954549
    I am in the same boat. Haven't yet rooted my device with the same build. Your summary post is atleast helpful to me. If you could document your steps briefly, that would very helpful. Btw, does this method trips KNOX? Thanks

Glad you found it useful!

Actually, if I had to do it over again, I would probably do it the way I am going to describe below, as I am stuck on the G1 build for now, and upgrading to the K1 build rooted will require backing up and redoing many things. The K1 build supposedly has some added benefits (? faster wifi, better auto-dimming). I've only had it a few days and don't have any problems with G1 so I'll stick with it for now. Discussion on the newer K1 is here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-pro-12-10-8/general/nk1-version-t2952355

1. Let the OTA update upgrade you from G1 to K1.
    2. Power down the tablet. Then boot your tablet into download mode (power on while holding volume down). Using ODIN 3.09 or higher, take the TR Rootable Kernel from the first post here, and place it in the AP slot. Earlier versions will call that slot PDA. I think it will still work regardless of Odin version.
    3. Boot back into Android. Check that the kernel is 3.4.0-1263708 with an April 2014 build.
    4. Then run towelroot. It should say it was successful. Install supersu to manage root privileges. It will ask if you want to disable Knox. Some/many people have had issues with reboots if they elect to do this, so I've selected NEVER.
    5. Go back into download mode, and restore the K1 kernel. It should be available http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-pro-12-10-8/general/t320xar1ank1-extracted-stock-firmware-t2954549

The whole point of using towelroot is that it will not trip the Knox e-fuse. You're limited to just having root on the stock Touchwiz rom though.

Knox if fairly annoying and will continue to bug you for doing advanced root-related things. I installed xposed and Wanam, and one of the options in Wanam is to turn off the Knox annoyances.
    SM-T320 With T320XXU1ANAI from Peru

I want to confirm that using the kernel posted in this thread I was able to root the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 using [TR] with the stock firmware T320XXU1ANAI

Of course Knox flag was not tripped.

Thanks!