Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek Devices ONLY (Developers ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

EnerJon

Jan 29, 2014
My Device: Qmobile-A900 (GiONEE-Elife-E3 - 4GB) (MT6589) Running KK-4.4.2
Tested: PhilZ Recovery 6.59.0 - Beta v7 | Manual installation Mode
All Basic Functions Are Working Fine (Making Backup, Restoring Backup, Flashing ZIPs)

Suggestions:
1:
When We Are Making Recovery Using Manual Mode, installer Should Wait For User To Press "OK" Button instead Of Automatically Rebooting To Recovery...
3_zpshd6rcw4e.png

2:
You Should Use 0BB4 as a Vendor-ID & 0C03 as a Product-ID in Your Recovery Making Tools Because These Are The Most Common IDs Used in MTK Devices For ADB+MassStorage Mode
2_zpsfjn8dtkw.png

Reactions: yuweng

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for the feedback & suggestions, as for the adb, my motto has been If it ain't broken, don't fix it, you only need to install the adb driver once & it'll work after that . . . :laugh:
Phil3759 said:
Please just keep my sources and . . .
Once upon a time . . . :eek:

Reactions: EnerJon

nghiepduclub

Jun 8, 2009

PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
CWM Advanced Edition 6.x

PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition is developed by XDA Recognized Developer Phil3759 now fully supports MediaTek devices . . .
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Supported MediaTek devices - 3 generation of MTK SoC - Arm11, Cortex-A9, Cortex-A7

i have a zopo 980, not zopo 980+, i can up recovery CWM 6x on zopo 980 (mtk6589 ARM Cortex A7 1.5GHZ) ? can you help me ?

Last edited:

xpeca1

Mar 28, 2015
works on Lenovo A936 (Note 8)!

Hi, Mr. yuweng!

I'd like also to report smooth and easy recovery installation on my Lenovo A936 Note 8 (golden warrior).
Used Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek Devices ONLY v7.

Device : Lenovo A936 Kitkat 4.4.4 MTK6752

TKS a lot !

xpeca1

Mar 28, 2015
Make full screenshot PhilZ Recovery

Screenshot or img?
The UI looks exactly as on PhilZ' CWM thread > xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860 I don't see any added value to take another screenshots.

My dd .img's are here: fastshare.cz/4378933/lenovoa936-cwmrecovery.zip
Again, kudoz goes to yuweng.
Fix the links with http prefix above - I cannot paste links yet as I'm new to the forum.

hanuma

Apr 7, 2013
Yaroslavl
Screenshot or img?
The UI looks exactly as on PhilZ' CWM thread > xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860 I don't see any added value to take another screenshots.

My dd .img's are here: fastshare.cz/4378933/lenovoa936-cwmrecovery.zip
Again, kudoz goes to yuweng.
Fix the links with http prefix above - I cannot paste links yet as I'm new to the forum.

I want to see what the font size?

xpeca1

Mar 28, 2015
I want to see what the font size?

OK didn't found quick & easy way to make a capture, so sending a photo to give a flavour. I used the default font values during installation process and for my usage I found it very convenient - considering it's 6" screen on a936..

*updated > <http://> s7.postimg.org/63053m5bf/a936.jpg

regards xPeca

Last edited:

xpeca1

Mar 28, 2015
Fixing the link, updated in the previous post :(. Sorry for inconvenience! Downside of the limited capabilities for newbies prior to 10 posts :).
Cheers xPeca

Last edited:

jbliz

Dec 25, 2013
Kendari
MT6572

Why MT6572 have such a big kernel, are there's way to reduce it?
Even compress PNG file, still no luck. I have 6.144 KB with PhilZ Recovery 6.786 KB.

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
Installation How-to

Where is the Downloads . . .

Downloads_zps57cc2266.jpg
]

That's The problem here. How to get to this page to get this final release. I tryed the beta version the day before this release.
I wonder if both version are the same. I tested the v7 successfully on my lenovo note8 a936, but I can't (find) backup and restore nvram. I thought, this is quite important for our devices!?!
Maybee it's my fault, but I can't find the link, even after I switched from classik view to 2015.
PS.: Our device is definively supported, as we are more than three using your revovery, Thanx!

OKAy, Finally I got it!! My fault! Only visible/reachable in 2013/15 view!

Last edited:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
i don't own any MTK armv8 devices so i donno if Nvram backup will work, refer to post#2 <- recovery.fstab

i've seen Katinatez's OPO recovery.fstab has all the other partitions so i guess it should also work on MTKs but you'll have to trial & error & find that out yourself, read whole page 1 for more info . . . :fingers-crossed: On 2nd thought, PhilZ Touch source might need modding to support custom partition backup/ restore . . . :cowboy:
Code:
# Android fstab file.
#<src>                                         <mnt_point>  <type>  <mnt_flags and options>  <fs_mgr_flags>
# The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
# specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system       /system         ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                    wait
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata     /data           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/reserve4
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache        /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist      /persist        ext4    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nodelalloc,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic wait,check
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot         /boot           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery     /recovery       emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc         /misc           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /firmware       vfat    ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1026,dmask=227,fmask=337,context=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0        wait

/devices/platform/xhci-hcd                          auto            auto    defaults voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/reserve4     /reserve4       emmc    default                                                         defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm          /rpm            emmc    default                                                         defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz           /tz             emmc    default                                                         defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot   	    /aboot          emmc    default                                                         defaults

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst1     /efs1           emmc    default                                                         defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2     /efs2           emmc    default                                                         defaults
Updates
Thanks to Katinatez, he has just shared with me on how to add custom partitions backup/ restore on PhilZ Touch for MTK armv8 devices. . . :highfive:
katinatez said:
Here you go, make sure the persist partition is in fstab, and add it ro.cwm.backup. You could back up any partition
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_oneplus_bacon/commit/fcdee50204fe0687fa908e79b60340340ac6edf2
Just add the below to default.prop & update your recovery.fstab accordingly to support the additional partitions that you wanna backup/ restore & it should work . . . :fingers-crossed:
Code:
ro.cwm.backup_partitions=/nvram
ro.cwm.forbid_format=/nvram
ro.cwm.forbid_mount=/nvram
Optionally, if you wanna backup the whole device then Eg. as below but its unnecessary as explained at Page 1.
Code:
# Android fstab file.

# The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
# specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

#<src>                                        <mnt_point> <type><mnt_flags and options><fs_mgr_flags>
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot      /boot      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvram     /nvram     emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/flashinfo /flashinfo emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/expdb     /expdb     emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery  /recovery  emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/secro     /secro     emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/seccfg    /seccfg    emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/proinfo   /proinfo   emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/para      /para      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/logo      /logo      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee1      /tee1      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee2      /tee2      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/otp       /otp       emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk        /lk        emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system    /system    ext4 ro,noatime wait
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/preload   /preload   ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/cache     /cache     ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/userdata  /data      ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check,resize,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/metadata
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect1  /protect_f ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,autoformat
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect2  /protect_s ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,autoformat
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/custom    /custom    ext4 relatime wait,check

/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11240000.MSDC1/mmc_host/mmc1 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
Code:
ro.cwm.backup_partitions=/nvram,/flashinfo,/expdb,/secro,/seccfg,/proinfo,/para,/logo,/tee1,/tee2,/otp,/lk,/preload,/protect_f,/protect_s,/custom
ro.cwm.forbid_format=/nvram,/flashinfo,/expdb,/secro,/seccfg,/proinfo,/para,/logo,/tee1,/tee2,/otp,/lk,/preload,/protect_f,/protect_s,/custom
ro.cwm.forbid_mount=/nvram,/flashinfo,/expdb,/secro,/seccfg,/proinfo,/para,/logo,/tee1,/tee2,/otp,/lk,/preload,/protect_f,/protect_s,/custom

Last edited:
Reactions: Tam iT Droid

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
Just add the below to default.prop & update your recovery.fstab accordingly to support the additional partitions that you wanna backup/ restore & it should work . . . :fingers-crossed:
Code:
ro.cwm.backup_partitions=/nvram
ro.cwm.forbid_format=/nvram
ro.cwm.forbid_mount=/nvram
Optionally, if you wanna backup the whole device then Eg. as below but its unnecessary as explained at Page 1.
Code:
# Android fstab file.

#<src>                                        <mnt_point> <type><mnt_flags and options><fs_mgr_flags>
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot      /boot      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvram     /nvram     emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/flashinfo /flashinfo emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/expdb     /expdb     emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery  /recovery  emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/secro     /secro     emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/seccfg    /seccfg    emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/proinfo   /proinfo   emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/para      /para      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/logo      /logo      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee1      /tee1      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee2      /tee2      emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/otp       /otp       emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk        /lk        emmc defaults defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system    /system    ext4 ro,noatime wait
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/preload   /preload   ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/cache     /cache     ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/userdata  /data      ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard wait,check,resize,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/metadata
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect1  /protect_f ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,autoformat
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect2  /protect_s ext4 noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,nodelalloc wait,check,autoformat
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/custom    /custom    ext4 relatime wait,check

/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11240000.MSDC1/mmc_host/mmc1 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
Code:
ro.cwm.backup_partitions=/nvram,/flashinfo,/expdb,/secro,/seccfg,/proinfo,/para,/logo,/tee1,/tee2,/otp,/lk,/preload,/protect_f,/protect_s,/custom
ro.cwm.forbid_format=/nvram,/flashinfo,/expdb,/secro,/seccfg,/proinfo,/para,/logo,/tee1,/tee2,/otp,/lk,/preload,/protect_f,/protect_s,/custom
ro.cwm.forbid_mount=/nvram,/flashinfo,/expdb,/secro,/seccfg,/proinfo,/para,/logo,/tee1,/tee2,/otp,/lk,/preload,/protect_f,/protect_s,/custom
[/hide]

That sounds easier thanit is!
First: Which recovery to take to unpack? The stock or the PhilZ?
Editing default.prop by inserting, no problem. (Just pasting the 3 lines at the end?)
Finding the recovery.fstab file wasn't that difficult, but after I inserted the nvram line I tried to repack the image.
Do I have to connect the device with the stock recovery or any other?
Is it a problem, that the PhilZ recovery was build by v7?
Now I try to use the new build.

Attachments

• log.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Tam iT Droid

adhamamar

Oct 6, 2014
when i downloaded 6.59.0 r1 and run it it give a massage in logo file " PhilZ.7z source file not found" can you sir put whole installer program Please.

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Notes to all armv8 owners
Please carry out below tests & feedback, if it works then i will incorporate Factory ROM backup into this porting tool . . . :cool:

Requirement : ro.secure=0. Use the command adb shell cat /proc/partinfo & adb shell ls -al /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name to find out the exact partition on your armv8.

You can also use MTK Droid Tools -> Click at ROOT -> Click at ADB terminal
Code:
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot boot.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery recovery.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/custom custom.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/expdb expdb
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/flashinfo flashinfo
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/lk lk.bin
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/logo logo.bin
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/metadata metadata.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvram nvram
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/para para
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/proinfo proinfo
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect1 protect_f
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/protect2 protect_s
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/seccfg seccfg
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/secro secro.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system system.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee1 [COLOR="Blue"]trustzone1.bin[/COLOR]
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/tee2 [COLOR="blue"]trustzone2.bin[/COLOR]
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/userdata userdata.img
adb pull /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/cache cache.img
Please send me trustzone1.bin & trustzone2.bin i think the backups are identical according to P6000 Lollipop scatter.txt
Which recovery to take to unpack? The stock or the PhilZ?
Since you don't even know what to do then let others try it out, refer to the title of this thread . . . :cowboy:

when i downloaded 6.59.0 r1 and run it it give a massage in logo file " PhilZ.7z source file not found" can you sir put whole installer program Please.
Thats the new feature of this porting tool, auto-download source accordingly to your MTK device, Condition : Working adb & your PC needs to be connected to the internet . . . :cool:

Fyi, if i were to pack everything into the installer, the exe would be close to 40MB !; no one owns all five MTK SoC, it will be a waste of bandwidth !

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
Developers only!

Thank you, sir!
I'm not stupid! I'm playing around with my expensive every day device!
I was porting WM long before you ever thought of xda-dev!
Making a Faktory Rom backup isn't at all, what i want to do!
I got nearly a dozen roms for it, stock and custom!
I wanted to have the possibility to backup the imei, as it is possible in carliv touch recovery v3 for our device!
I think, that's the problem: Requirement : ro.secure=0
I found it in the old log of v7.

Attachments

• log.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20150426_111307.jpg
    IMG_20150426_111307.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20150426_111413.jpg
    IMG_20150426_111413.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

adhamamar

Oct 6, 2014
"Thats the new feature of this porting tool, auto-download source accordingly to your MTK device, Condition : Working adb & your PC needs to be connected to the internet" Does this mean that i should Connect the phone to the computer during the download ?. (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
    CWM Advanced Edition 6.x

PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition is developed by XDA Recognized Developer Phil3759 now fully supports MediaTek devices . . .
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Supports Five generations of MediaTek SoC in One-Porting-Tool. :cool:
    1. Arm11
    2. Cortex-A9
    3. Cortex-A7
    4. big.LITTLE
    5. Cortex-A53
    Video Preview
    For full features & functions, refer to Main Thread here . . . :good:

Credits
    Phil3759
    Michfood
    suhas.holla
    shoxxy
    Last but not least, my Master Shifu Carliv who has taught me how to compile & continuously guiding me to the right direction & also many DEVs that shared & published their findings on the World Wide Web on various subject . . . . . .
    salute_zps09342dc6.gif

Updated Credits - Added support for MTK big.LITTLE & Cortex-A53
    Huge Credits to . . .
    Russian Master Shifu Javum
    Master Shifu Carliv

Huge Thanks to Xpeca1 for confirming all the porting tool features & functions is working correctly on his Cortex-A53 & not forgetting NiksSkersts too . . . :highfive:

This updates has the most beta-tester, never the less, thanks for all their contributions too . . .

XDA:DevDB Information
    Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek Devices ONLY (Developers ONLY), Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    yuweng
    Source Code: https://github.com/PhilZ-cwm6/philz_touch_cwm6

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Final Release 6.59.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-09

Created 2014-05-11
    Last Updated 2015-04-09
    Terms & Conditions of Use

codeworkx said:
    DEAR KANGERS
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Thanks to all contributors!!!
    As Master Shifu codeworkx says, the same applies here . . .

All i'm asking is for you to give proper credits to me & the DEVs that i mentioned on the porting tool, without them sharing, this porting tool wouldn't have exists !

i have seen many that took my work, got a ported working PhilZ Touch on their MTKs & shared it directly even here on XDA ! while some at other forum threads BUT not a single word mentioning this thread, me or the porting tool or the DEVs that has contributed to this project . . .

Many just make a new thread with the ported PhilZ Touch & shared it with their followers, fooling their followers by not mentioning credits so that their followers thinking that the ported PhilZ Touch is built from source & is their own work, collected all the Thanks & that will make them look cool while some even solicit for Donations !

Anyone can just download this porting tool, run the exe & they will get a ported PhilZ Touch on their MTK, what is so cool about that . . .

Do you know how many hours i have put into this, not mentioned is the time studying & building PhilZ Touch from source, PC hardware upgrading, broadband fee, electricity fee, time to study & building this porting tool exe & i'm sharing this all for FOC & i don't solicit for Donations or Thanks in return, i don't even post my Donate button . . .

If you wanna start a new thread to support specific MTK devices with the ported PhilZ Touch, i have absolutely no problem with that, it will be your responsibility to response & provide support to your followers but pls give proper credits . . .

If you think this porting tool is too complicated & you would wanna start a new thread/ guide/ video or whatever either here or else where, again i have absolutely no problem with that BUT pls pls don't mirror the porting tool. i'm sure you have seen this all the time at XDA here by other DEVs, the logic is very simple, when you mirror the files, there is no way of tracking which version has bugs. Most importantly, i need direct feedback from users & when you mirror the files, your followers will download that version from your link & they complain & feedback to you but you won't be able to fix it so pls put a link direct to this thread so that i can improve on this porting tool.

If you wanna post this porting tool on your blog, website or anything at all, again i have absolutely no problem with that BUT again post a link directly to this thread so that users can always post a bug report here & they will always get the new, bug free porting tool as i will fix it when i receive bug report.

Credits mentioning & redirecting link to original threads won't make you low standard, in fact your followers will be thanking you for sharing with them a great new tool that you found. Credits mentioning & redirecting link to original threads also means that you give respect & honor the original DEVs of the tool, this would also enable feedbacks on new ideas, new features & improvement of that particular tool too.

If you are a company then pls get my permission first or the least you can do is Donate to Phil3759 for a job well done & if you are an end user, you are also encourage to do so too, fyi, i did . . .
    Features

Auto mode
    - You don't need to know a thing & it'll port a working PhilZ Touch for your MTK & that is why it is called Magic . . .
    brows_zpsda58f2fa.gif

Manual mode
    - Let you choose either to use your boot.img or recovery.img for porting.
    - Let you manually choose your device res, MTK fixes, Flip screen/ Flip Touch, different font size & uses all files from your stock recovery when using recovery.img. For boot.img porting, this tool will only use its kernel only. Refer to here for more info . . .
    - device resolutions
    - flipped screen

UnPack/ RePack mode
    - Let you mod whatever you want with option to install it right away to your MTK

Requirement
    - Requires Root
    - Install adb driver
    - Enable USB debugging
    - Disable UAC
    - Disable driver signature
    - Works from Gingerbread to Lollipop but NOT on encrypted data partition on Lollipop but why you enable it back ?
    - No need ro.secure=0 to run
    recovery.fstab How-to

Preface
    As mentioned few times, i don't own all the MTK devices available on the market so a few things might not work on your MTK. So use the UnPack/ RePack mode to edit necessary files typically the init.rc & recovery.fstab.

UnPack other MTK PhilZ Touch by other DEVs & see how they did it.

As mentioned few times, the porting tool now is AIO so go ahead & play with it.

Intro
    What is recovery.fstab

The actual require backup partition for MTKs or any android devices are actually ONLY just the boot, cache, data & system partition.

When you encounter any problems such as doesn't boot/ bootloop issues after a new app installation or anything at all, a Wipe Data/ Factory Reset or Restore with ONLY the system & data partition & you'll be able to revert to previous working state in a short while. Thats why its very important to make a backup before modding anything at all !

For bootloop issues with new firmware installation (update.zip) then its best to restore everything. Having said that, if you flash preloader using SP Flash Tool then PhilZ Touch restore would not be able to restore it or for that matter, your device wouldn't even be able to boot at all (brick), thats why it is important to backup your Factory ROM with MTK Droid Root & Tools first.

For latest MTK armv8
    Since the latest MTK armv8 is using direct device path, below is possible as i've seen it on msm devices but personally i think it is unnecessary to have those partition backed up as it will take alot of space & typically you only brick the system or data partition but then again, that is entirely up to you on what you wanna backup. Below example is taken from Master Shifu Carliv github, added all various armv8 devices direct device path partition for reference. To find out the actual MTK armv8 partition info on your device, use the command adb shell cat /proc/partinfo & adb shell ls -al /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name
    Code:
    # Android fstab file.

/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/secro     /secro     ext4 relatime wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/persist   /persist   ext4 relatime wait,check

To manually make a SP Flash Tool backup of your MTK armv8 Factory ROM then refer to here & you can also use the following empty cache secro userdata since a Factory Reset/ Wipe Data will wipe data partition anyway.

Updates
    Refer to here & here for custom partition backup/ restore on armv8 Thanks to Katinatez . . . :good:

Refer to this the only lead shared by BachMinuetInG . . . :good:

Aroma File Manager
    It is a known problem that aromafm will not to work properly on flip-screen, this is not a PhilZ Touch problem as it has never been updated for almost a year.

Flip Screen/ Flip Touch/ Font size

It is a known problem that MTK manufacturer uses non-standard design & uses different Flip Screen/ Non-Flip LCD with different combinations of Flip/ Non-Flip Touch Screen on various Portrait & especially Landscape Android devices.

There is absolutely no way that the porting tool could detect whether your MTK's Touch is FlipX or FlipY or SwapXY so i build all possible combinations into the porting tool -> Manual-mode -> Try all combinations one at a time until one that works for your device.

Typical Flip Screen device then choose either Flip Screen Only or Flip Screen FlipX-FlipY. For Landscape devices (tabs), typically is SwapXY FlipY.

As said, i don't own all MTK devices so i donno which font size is suitable for your device so again, you'll need to play around with the different selection. Below are available fonts as demonstrated on my 480x854 res . . .

font_7x16.png font_10x18.png courier_extended_15x24.png roboto_10x18.png roboto_15x24.png roboto_23x41.png fonten55_33x84.png
    Bug report <- No support if you don't attach it to your post.

Please always attach recovery.log & log.txt from the porting tool or i'll be giving the wrong advice based on assumption & that might brick your device !

How to obtain recovery log
    1. adb pull /tmp/recovery.log -> Attach to your post
    2. At PhilZ Touch -> Advanced Functions -> Report Error -> Copy log from /sdcard/clockworkmod/philz_recovery.log -> Attach to your post

If you don't see me replying means either the answer is already at this thread so start reading every page, its not like there are 100 over pages, as of 18 March 2015, there are only 14 pages . . .

The 2nd reason you don't see me replying is i donno the answer then head up to PhilZ Touch development thread & get help from Phil3759 directly . . .
    Questions & Answers

Q : Your tool doesn't work.
    A : Its already explained at the OP, pls read EVERYTHING at Page 1 !

Q : I can't get adb to work on my PC.
    A : Then get one of your device forum DEV to look at this porting tool.

Q : I have a MTK model xxx SoC YYY, does your porting tool support it.
    A : The title already said it, for all MediaTek Devices ONLY

Q : I have a MTK but i'm afraid the porting tool would brick my device.
    A : Then don't use it ! Its for Developers ONLY !

Q : OP said DO NOT USE IT ON LOCKED BOOTLOADER but the link doesn't say much for MTK devices.
    A : There isn't any guide to identify locked bootloader on MTKs, generally you'll have to flash the recovery.img to find out whether it bricks ! However, farenheith has confirmed by flashing back the original stock 3e recovery.img & his locked bootloader MTK Motorola boots back !

To check your bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader [COLOR="Blue"]or[/COLOR] adb reboot bootloader [COLOR="blue"]or[/COLOR] adb reboot fastboot
    fastboot getvar all
    Code:
    (bootloader)  unlocked: NO
    To unlock it, use below command.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    Source

As explained BRANDED at the OP, UNBRANDED MTKs are generally MTKs directly from China, have unlock bootloaders.

Updates
    MTK armv7/ armv8 LP refer to this workaround, make sure to unlock your bootloader first !

List of supported MTK devices . . .
    Known problems on MTK devices

Known problems on MTK devices

E: failed to mount /cache
    • Mostly older intermediate MediaTek devices such as MT6589, MT6572 that comes with only 6Mb recovery partition, most probably won't work. However, it works on my legacy MT6573, MT6577 because its kernel is much smaller. There has been feedback from fellow xda members that some latter MediaTek devices comes with 7Mb & 8Mb. Latest MT6592 has a recovery partition of more than 8Mb.

• PhilZ Touch does not support ubifs

• PhilZ Touch does not support MTK Alcatel devices with /custpack partition. Added support at beta version

• Haven't identify latest voldmanaged mount points for Internal SD that uses /storage/usbdisk voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto so it won't mount Internal SD on such layouts. Thanks to adhamamar for sharing the solution. :good:

• In the past, there has been reports that Touch doesn't work at recovery on some MTK devices, try using different releases of kernels from your device. Recovery is independent so GB, ICS or JB kernel will work provided they are from your device.

• Thanks to shoxxy for the tip, flip screen works on PhilZ Touch with added Flip screen flag. However, it has a small glitches that is the screen will flashes & flip upside down when using the virtual keys. Since Touch is fully working either don't use the virtual keys or just disable it permanently. PhilZ Settings -> GUI Preferences -> Toggle Virtual Keys

Updates
      Fixed flip screen flickering, Thanks to Teamwin updated flip screen codes . . . :good:

• # Even though the MTK SoC is designed by MediaTek but the one that produces it is hundreds if not thousands of factories so some might use other combinations to boot up the recovery. It is a known problem that some MTK doesn't wanna boot up PhilZ Touch the normal way so try Popey900 technique. Standard procedure : Take out the battery, wait a while, put it back, hold Volume Up or Down, don't let go then press the Power button until it boots up PhilZ Touch #

• Do not try this on lock bootloader MTK devices as there has been confirmed cases that it will brick it, refer to here for more info.
    ---------------------------------------
    This tool will auto-install Aroma FileManager & it is a known problem on some MTK devices that Aroma FileManager refuses to start & complains about E:Can't make /tmp/update_binary -> Installation aborted . . .

On Flip screen MTK device, Aromafm will always be flipped & the answer is here

Work around - Built-in to porting tool
    1. Use the Auto mode first & it will auto make a backup of your current recovery.
    2. Pull out the USB cable & use the Manual mode, copy recovery.img from BackUp-MTK-Recovery folder to Stock & it will ask you to plug-in the USB to PC.
    3. Now open Stock/recovery/rmdisk/init.rc with Notepad++ & add the line as below & save it.
    4. Plug-in USB cable to PC, press OK, select your device res & it'll auto install it.
      Code:
          mkdir /emmc
          mkdir /system
          mkdir /data
          mkdir /cache
          [COLOR="blue"][B]mkdir /tmp[/B][/COLOR]  [COLOR="Red"]<- add this line to init.rc[/COLOR]
          mount tmpfs tmpfs /tmp

chown root shell /tmp
          chmod 0775 /tmp
    5. Aroma FileManager shall work now.
    ---------------------------------------
    On my friend's old ICS 4.0.4 MT6577 with 480x854 res, ported PhilZ Touch doesn't boot & later i found out its something to do with the kernel not supporting PhilZ res more than 320x480.

Work around - Built-in to porting tool
    • At Windows Explorer -> Show Hidden Files & Folders -> MTK_PhilZ -> bin -> extract out 240x320_bg.png from res.7z, rename it to stitch.png
    • Plug-in the USB cable & use the manual mode, select your device res & it will ask whether you have flipped screen.
    • Copy & paste extracted 240x320 stitch.png to Stock/recovery/rmdisk/res/images folder to replace it & answer the flipped screen question
    • At PhilZ Settings -> GUI Preferences -> Change Background -> Reset Koush Background

Trouble-shooting

Trouble-shooting the mount USB storage
    Huge credits to suhas.holla, the fstab v2 AKA unified fstab has been demystified for MTK devices & mount both sdcard at PhilZ Touch is working perfecty now. . . :laugh:
    i don't own every MediaTek devices out there so most probably some will not mount USB storage for both of the storage while at recovery b'cos of different voldmanaged path.

Updates - Built-in to porting tool
    Refer to below on how to identify it & correct this problem.
    Open a new Notepad & save the below to MTK_PhilZ folder for unpack/ repack of ported PhilZ Touch recovery.img.

MTK_unpack.bat
    Code:
    @echo off
    cd %~dp0
    chcp 1251
    if (%1)==() (
    	echo Select image
    		goto end
    )

setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
    COLOR 0A
    mode con:cols=65 lines=31
    bin\sfk166.exe hexfind %1 -pat -bin /88168858/ -case >bin\offset.txt
    bin\sfk166.exe hexfind %1 -pat -bin /FFFFFFFF1F8B08/ -case >>bin\offset.txt 
    bin\sfk166.exe find bin\offset.txt -pat offset>bin\off2.txt
    bin\sfk166.exe replace bin\off2.txt -binary /20/0A/ -yes

if exist %~N1 rd /s /q %~N1 >nul

set /A N=0
    :loop
    FOR /F %%G IN (bin\off2.txt) DO (
    	if !N!==1 (
    		set /A ofs1=%%G
    		set /A N+=1
    	)
    	if !N!==3 (
    		set /A ofs2=%%G
    		set /A N+=1
    	)
    	if !N!==5 (
    		set /A ofs3=%%G+4
    		set /A N+=1
    	)	
    	if `%%G` EQU `offset` (
    		set /A N+=1
    	)
    )
    FOR %%i IN (%1) DO ( set /A boot_size=%%~Zi )
    echo.
    echo - size of %1 %boot_size% byte
    echo - kernel offset     - %ofs1%
    echo - ram_header offset - %ofs2%
    echo - ram_disk offset   - %ofs3%
    echo.

del bin\offset.txt
    del bin\off2.txt
    md %~N1
    echo - extracting kernel_header...
    bin\sfk166.exe partcopy %1 -fromto 0x0 %ofs1% %~N1\kernel_header -yes
    echo - extracting kernel...
    bin\sfk166.exe partcopy %1 -fromto %ofs1% %ofs2% %~N1\kernel -yes
    echo - extracting ram_header...
    bin\sfk166.exe partcopy %1 -fromto %ofs2% %ofs3% %~N1\ram_header -yes
    echo - extracting ram_disk...
    bin\sfk166.exe partcopy %1 -fromto %ofs3% %boot_size% %~N1\ram_disk.gz -yes

echo - unpack ram_disk.gz...

bin\7za.exe -tgzip x -y %~N1\ram_disk.gz -o%~N1 >nul
    echo - unpack ram_disk.cpio...

md %~N1\rmdisk
    cd %~N1
    cd rmdisk
    %~dp0bin\cpio.exe -i <../ram_disk
    cd ..
    cd ..

copy %1 %~N1 
    echo.
    echo - Done ^^!
    echo.
    pause
    :end
    MTK_pack.bat
    Code:
    @echo off
    cd %~dp0
    chcp 1251
    if (%1)==() (
    	echo Select folder
    	goto end
    )
    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
    COLOR 0A
    mode con:cols=60 lines=39
    set pt=%~N1%~X1
    echo %pt%
    copy %pt%\ram_header %~N1\new_ram_with_header >nul
    cd %pt%
    %~dp0bin\chmod og=xr rmdisk
    cd rmdisk

echo - pack rmdisk to cpio...
    %~dp0bin\find . | %~dp0bin\cpio.exe -o -H newc -F ../new_ram_disk.cpio >nul
    move ..\ram_disk ..\ram_disk_old >nul
    copy ..\new_ram_disk.cpio ..\ram_disk
    echo - pack rmdisk to gzip...
    %~dp0bin\gzip -n -f ../ram_disk
    echo - add header...
    %~dp0bin\dd if=../ram_disk.gz >> ../new_ram_with_header
    FOR %%i IN (../ram_disk.gz) DO ( set /A size=%%~Zi )
    echo - new ramdisk %size% byte
    %~dp0bin\sfk166 hex %size% -digits=8 >../../size.txt
    FOR %%i IN (../../size.txt) DO ( set /A size=%%~Zi )
    %~dp0bin\sfk166 split 1 ../../size.txt ../../1 >nul
    FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part7) DO (set a1=%%i)
    FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part8) DO (set a2=%%i)

FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part5) DO (set a3=%%i)
    FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part6) DO (set a4=%%i)

FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part3) DO (set a5=%%i)
    FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part4) DO (set a6=%%i)

FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part1) DO (set a7=%%i)
    FOR /F  %%i IN (../../1.part2) DO (set a8=%%i)
    echo %a7%%a8%>size.txt
    echo %a5%%a6%>>size.txt
    echo %a3%%a4%>>size.txt
    echo %a1%%a2%>>size.txt
    echo - add new size in header 0x%a1%%a2% 0x%a3%%a4% 0x%a5%%a6% 0x%a7%%a8%
    %~dp0bin\sfk166.exe echo %a1%%a2% %a3%%a4% %a5%%a6% %a7%%a8% +hextobin ../../tmp1.dat
    %~dp0bin\sfk166.exe partcopy ../../tmp1.dat 0 4 ../new_ram_with_header 4 -yes>nul

echo - make image...
    %~dp0bin\mkbootimg.exe --kernel ../kernel --ramdisk ../new_ram_with_header -o ../new_image.img 
    del size.txt >nul
    copy ..\new_image.img %~dp0\new_image.img
    move ..\ram_disk_old ..\ram_disk >nul
    cd ..
    cd ..
    del size.txt >nul
    del tmp1.dat>nul
    del 1.part*>nul

echo.
    echo - Done ^^!
    echo.
    pause
    :end
    Just Drag&Drop ported PhilZ Touch recovery.img to MTK_unpack.bat to unpack it & Drag&Drop unpack recovery folder to MTK_pack.bat to repack it back. Disable UAC first.

Or you can also download the original Boot/Recovery repack utils for WINDOWS to unpack/ repack the ported PhilZ Touch recovery. Basically it operates exactly the same except for this porting tool, it is using the standalone 7za.exe instead of 7z.exe that requires the 7z.dll to operate.

Huge Credits to Russian Master Shifu Michfood for sharing his unpack/ repack MTK boot/ recovery algorithm or this porting tool would not have exists & you will have do all this on a NIX box . . . :laugh:

recovery.fstab for MT65xx
    Code:
    # Android fstab file.

#<src>         <mnt_point>   <type>   <mnt_flags and options>               <fs_mgr_flags>
    /dev/bootimg    /bootimg      emmc     defaults                               defaults
    /dev/recovery   /recovery     emmc     defaults                               defaults
    /dev/uboot      /uboot        emmc     defaults                               defaults
    /emmc@android   /system       ext4     ro,noatime                             wait
    /emmc@cache     /cache        ext4     noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc   wait
    /emmc@usrdata   /data         ext4     noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc   wait,encryptable=footer

# For MT6577
    /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard0:[COLOR="blue"][B][SIZE="4"]6[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] 
    /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host/mmc1 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto

Code:
    # For MT65[B]xx[/B]
    [COLOR="Blue"]/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host/mmc0[/COLOR] auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard0:[COLOR="blue"][B][SIZE="4"]6[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] 
    [COLOR="blue"]/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host/mmc1[/COLOR] auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
    To identify your MTK voldmanaged path for sdcard -> adb shell find /sys -name mmc0. You don't need to include the first path /sys so it should start with /devices

To identify your internal sdcard partition no. -> adb shell cat /proc/dumchar_info & look at fat partition block /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 & update it accordingly . . .

Update it to fstab.${ro.hardware} too.

The correct way to check ${ro.hardware} -> adb shell getprop ro.hardware -> mt6577 then it should be rename to fstab.mt6577
    ------------------------------------------------
    Updates - Built-in to porting tool
    Some MTK don't use fat mount points for Internal sdcard then this tool will fail to identify it & ported PhilZ Touch will not boot/ bootloop . . . :cowboy:

Code:
    /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host/mmc0 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard0:    [COLOR="Red"]<- Empty[/COLOR]
    /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host/mmc1 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto

Solution - Put a # at the beginning of that line or just delete it & it'll boot . . .

Code:
    [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]#[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]/devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host/mmc0 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard0:    [COLOR="Red"]<- Empty[/COLOR]
    /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host/mmc1 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
    ------------------------------------------------

To identify USB voldmanaged mount points for Internal SD -> adb shell su -c "ls -R" > c:\users\YOUR USER NAME\desktop\usb.txt

Look for anything usb in it & try it at the fstab.${ro.hardware} & also update it to recovery.fstab too. Both must be identical or it will not work.

An example below, confirmed by shoxxy that can be view at PhilZ Touch -> Install Zip but doesn't mount it at mount USB storage.

Code:
    /devices/platform/mt_usb/usb1 auto auto defaults voldmanaged=usbdisk:auto

Also look for various example here on voldmanaged for USB storage & hopefully someone will get it working one day.

if yours is a /data/media device then it would not work . . .

Refer to here credits to RD chrmhoffmann
    As mentioned many times, i don't own all MTK devices out there so some features might not work. To fix it & to learn more about modding recovery refer to my Master Shifu thread here & here . . . :good:

When everything fails then try your hands on building one yourself with the optional build flags here for your MTK . . . :cool:
    MT6572 7MB Recovery MOD!

MediaTek MT6572 7MB Recovery MOD!

Hello Guys...Does it say recovery image is bigger than the partition Size No Worries...(Other than MT6572 Users Refer to Previous Posts by @yuweng)

Lets Get Started...

There is a very Simple Trick to use this MOD....Most MTK Devices comes with 4.5MB Boot Partition
    (Decompile and Recompile your Boot IMG to Get the Perfect Size of your Recovery)
    Soo What we are going to do is, The Boot partition is of 6MB we will reduce it to 5MB...and then increase Recovery Partition from 6MB to 7MB
    -:Things Needed :-
    MT6572 Scatter File
    Notepad ++
    A Noob Brain!​

-:INSTRUCTIONS :-

#1.Open your Scatter File with Notepad ++ for editing...

#2. Locate Recovery and Boot partition Info!

attachment.php

(Underlined RED are the Things we have to Deal With!)

#3 Change :-

BootIMG Partitons
    Partition Size from 0x600000 > 0x500000
    Recovery Partitions
    Partition Size from 0x600000 > 0x700000
    Linear Start Address
    Now Subtract 0x100000 from the linear Start Address ex.- 0x2980000 - 0x100000 = 0x2880000

#4 That's It Now save the Scatter File and Flash the ROM with the New Scatter!

VOILA!!! 7MB Recovery Partiton:cool:

Thanks to @yuweng for the Support :highfive:

PRESS THANKS GUYS THAT WILL HELP...I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA HOW! :D