HTC Sense Camera & Gallery for M8 GPE Lollipop

If you are running a GPE ROM and miss the sense gallery and camera, this flashable zip by … more

XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more

Sunshine Compatible with HTC One M9

Two Senior Recognized Developers jcase and beaups officially released a new version of Sunshine. … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 ND8 (ND8 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

2nd April 2015, 04:34 PM |#61  
Flag south boston,massachusettes
Thanks Meter: 83

172 posts
More
So does this unroot ur phone or is this for unrooted phones. I ask because i have a rooted sprint galaxy S3 running Wicked S5 on ND8 but I'm trying to fully unroot it and return to complete stock so will this work for me. Thanks for the help.

2nd April 2015, 04:48 PM |#62  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 32,476

17,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstangs1

So does this unroot ur phone or is this for unrooted phones. I ask because i have a rooted sprint galaxy S3 running Wicked S5 on ND8 but I'm trying to fully unroot it and return to complete stock so will this work for me. Thanks for the help.

Yes. Odin flash stock, format internal sd, then factory data reset in Stock recovery is what I do to ensure a clean device for sale or return. If you're on NJ2 firmware you'll want to use that tar.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2015, 05:25 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
[QUOTE=bilgerryan;59847887]Yes. Odin flash stock, format internal sd, then factory data reset in Stock recovery is what I do to ensure a clean device for sale or return. If you're on NJ2 firmware you'll want to use that tar.

this one click does not let you choose tar. That I know of.
2nd April 2015, 05:33 PM |#64  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

17,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=machcity;59848754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Yes. Odin flash stock, format internal sd, then factory data reset in Stock recovery is what I do to ensure a clean device for sale or return. If you're on NJ2 firmware you'll want to use that tar.

this one click does not let you choose tar. That I know of.

The One Click simply runs the tar for you.

4th April 2015, 07:57 AM |#65  

2 posts
I have this boost sph-l710 with standard stock running great until there was an update for the android os I tried to run but the installation failed and wouldn't boot into the android os again. This one click odin seems to be a great simple method however I'm getting an odd error from the odin one click program immediately after running it and it checks the md5 I get this error MD5 Hash value is invalid. any help or advice is appreciated, thanks
4th April 2015, 11:34 AM |#66  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

17,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uneeq_jay

I have this boost sph-l710 with standard stock running great until there was an update for the android os I tried to run but the installation failed and wouldn't boot into the android os again. This one click odin seems to be a great simple method however I'm getting an odd error from the odin one click program immediately after running it and it checks the md5 I get this error MD5 Hash value is invalid. any help or advice is appreciated, thanks

That means you have a bad download. I suggest the NDC tar for Boost.

4th April 2015, 08:41 PM |#67  

2 posts
[QUOTE=bilgerryan;59886807]That means you have a bad download. I suggest the NDC tar for Boost.

thanks for the reply. I'm new to all this and just noticed that this is for sprint
4th April 2015, 11:44 PM |#68  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

17,196 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=uneeq_jay;59896877]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

That means you have a bad download. I suggest the NDC tar for Boost.

thanks for the reply. I'm new to all this and just noticed that this is for sprint

md5sum is how Odin checks for file continuity (you sound check it yourself on ROMs) to ensure that the file you have is the same as the original. Wifi connection is recommended for files this large. Also download on your PC if possible (it will save you a step in the end). Some browsers have .tar files blacklisted and will download them as a zip, if this happens change your settings and redownload.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread