Search This thread

jelofreaks

Mar 26, 2013
Las Piñas City
Hdmi/fast charge

Anyone who can fix hdmi? I wanted to play games/movies in my tv. Hopefully hdmi can be fix. And also why fast charge is disabled? We all knew that this rom eats battery a lot and the only way to supersede the badness is to enable the fast charge. Mabuhay sultan! Greetings from philippines.

real_sl4cker

Jun 8, 2010
Yes you can:
Step 1. Copy .zip to sdcard or internal storage
Step 2. Boot into recovery
Step 3. Flash .zip
Step 4. Wipe dalvik & cache
Step 5. Reboot system and bask in all your glory!
I don't think wiping caches will remove the files in /system installed by PA GApps. To remove them extract the PA GApps zip on your computer, see what it copied and remove the files (do a nandroid backup before). The flash the other gapps of your choice. You could also write your own gapps removal script to speed up the process and make a flashable zip. Feel free to post your tested outcome :)

(mobil gesendet)

Alfhw

Jul 8, 2012
hello,

I want to the mirroring with chromecast on my sensation but when I install this app: http://xdaforums.com/hardware-hacking/chromecast/experimental-enable-mirroring-device-t2812193 , I have the message: "it seems that your rom is lacking the audio_submix.file"

do you think it's possible to add it manually or in the next release?

merci

Hi,
do you have any new info about using chromecast with this rom? Does mirroring now work? And what about the other functions of chromecast?

Does anyone else have a chromecast?

1st_paladin

Oct 8, 2011
Singapore
First a big thankyou to Sultanxda for his hard work and contributions.

Just sharing my experience. I used the suggested minimal Gapps in the link above. After flashing the Feb 2015 version and the Gapps, the AOSP keyboard kept crashing and I was not able to type or use the back button. Here's what I did to resolve the issue. I did a search for Gapps and discovered this . I searched for the latest 4.4.4 Gapps. Turns out to be 16 June 2014. The file is around 150MB. After installing the AOSP keyboard now works. I allowed the updates i.e. Google Play and Google Play Services etc since there has been a few updates since June 2014.

Must say that this version of the ROM is better than the Jan version. For a start the keyboard is more responsive. I found the earlier version not as responsive. I also like the home screen fix. Previously there's a choice of Trebuchet or Google Now.

Just my 2 cents. Trust this helps someone out there who may have similar issues with installing the Feb version.

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
My girlfriend use my old sensation with this ROM atm. She complain about uploading photos to instagram don't work while on mobile network, is this ROM related?

bovineuniversity

Jan 9, 2015
I think it is the IG client..

My girlfriend use my old sensation with this ROM atm. She complain about uploading photos to instagram don't work while on mobile network, is this ROM related?

I have had this rom for several months now. Instagram wouldn't work on it, then they updated their client and it worked. Then another update broke it, then another fixed it.... as it sits now, uploading photos doesn't work for me. Best thing to do is to get one that works then not auto-update, or use Titanium backup and roll it back to a 'good' version if they break it again.

Reactions: jorra

Pappaduck

Apr 12, 2015
I've just flashed this ROM with no troubles using 4ext 1.006 (latest RC) and smartflash for an S-ON rooted sensation but I'm having issues with bluetooth. I can try turning it on but it resets back to off after a few seconds and I have no indication bluetooth has started.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be bothered but I want to use this phone as a telemetry readout for my FPV quadcopters ;)

Any ideas? Kernal troubles?

blahbl4hblah

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I've just flashed this ROM with no troubles using 4ext 1.006 (latest RC) and smartflash for an S-ON rooted sensation but I'm having issues with bluetooth. I can try turning it on but it resets back to off after a few seconds and I have no indication bluetooth has started.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be bothered but I want to use this phone as a telemetry readout for my FPV quadcopters ;)

Any ideas? Kernal troubles?

It could be kernel issues but we can't just help if you don't tell us what your firmware is and also since you don't provide a logcat.
You could always search the thread to see if other people are having issues.

1st_paladin

Oct 8, 2011
Singapore
GPS - Weaker Signal?

Noticed that GPS is weaker when compared to the earlier version. While driving, I seem to loose GPS signal more frequently. Otherwise this version is smoother and would say battery life is better. Kudos to Sultan for this wonderful ROM.

I installed after doing a full wipe.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Willyjay76

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
any update sultan? :fingers-crossed:

Maybe. I deleted all of the CM11 source from my computer, so if there is an update in the future then it will only be for the kernel (probably to fix the battery drain).

Why not use Lollipop?

Noticed that GPS is weaker when compared to the earlier version. While driving, I seem to loose GPS signal more frequently. Otherwise this version is smoother and would say battery life is better. Kudos to Sultan for this wonderful ROM.

I installed after doing a full wipe.

Just my 2 cents.

GPS-related libraries and configs have not been touched in ages :p

jelofreaks

Mar 26, 2013
Las Piñas City
---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Maybe. I deleted all of the CM11 source from my computer, so if there is an update in the future then it will only be for the kernel (probably to fix the battery drain).

Why not use Lollipop?

GPS-related libraries and configs have not been touched in ages :p

which lollipop rom? from ivanich? well i've tried that one from my senny but that rom do have keyboard problem(delayed keyboard pop up, sometimes it do not pop up at all). so go back from your rom. if that's what you say so, i guess i'll wait for your next kernel update. :cheers: mabuhay! greetings from philippines.

asce1992

Apr 14, 2014
Sorry for off topic, but by desperate, @Sultanxda please help hahaburger to make camera working on htc evo 3d on lollipop! :(
Every day I watch the news for the HTC Sensation and I feel more and more envious!:p
I do not understand why pmem + ion does not work anymore for camera!

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android1-7_CM11_Header_Img1.png

CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.

CyanogenMod is developed as free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code.

Source: CyanogenMod Wiki

Notable features:
    • Kernel is based off of vanilla CAF jb_1.9.6 source
    • 618MB of usable RAM
    • Self-powered USB OTG
    • Uses Ion memory allocator for everything: audio, display, video playback, camera, etc. (big thanks to shantur, Flemmard, and SebastiaFM for Ion camera)
    • CAF KitKat Ion, framebuffer, video controller drivers, media HAL, and display HAL
    • CAF Jelly Bean GPU drivers (from CAF branch jb_2.5)
    • Hardware vsync
    • No Maps 7 glitches, Google Chrome glitches, Browser glitches, Gmail glitches, etc.
    • SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) enabled and set to Enforcing for better security
    • MTP
    • Newer Adreno graphics libraries (smoother graphics): AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_2.5.5.04.02.02.092.059
    • 4.0.0056HMQ RIL

Major bugs:
    • No major bugs :)

Minor bugs:
    • Some issues with VoIP reported (this happens with all KitKat ROMs on the Sensation)
    • Shortcuts for apps stored on SD card disappear from the launcher homescreen after a reboot (also happens with all KitKat ROMs on the Sensation)
    • MHL (HDMI) is broken

Video (thanks to @EZY-E!)

Installation:

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to do a standard full wipe (factory reset: wipe /cache and /data) if you are coming from a different ROM, then install the ROM and gapps for Android 4.4. If you're coming from a CM10.2 ROM then it is possible to dirty flash this ROM over your current setup and install gapps for 4.4 without wiping anything; HOWEVER, if you encounter ANY issues with this setup then I will not help you fix them. I will only listen to your issues if you perform a full wipe before installing this ROM for the first time. When there is an update available it is OK to dirty-flash the update, but don't forget to wipe /cache and Dalvik cache.

Detailed installation steps:
    1. Download and install the latest 4ext recovery from HERE (you must have v1.0.0.6 RC2 or newer installed)
    2. Download the ROM and Gapps (Google apps)
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Perform a full wipe (you should only need to do this if this is your first time installing the ROM)
    5. Flash the ROM zip
    6. Flash the gapps zip
    7. OPTIONAL: Flash the kernel Aroma installer if you want to customize the kernel's settings
    8. Reboot
    9. ???
    10. Profit
    11. Move profits to Swiss banks to evade taxes

Source code:
    Kernel (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/sultan-kernel-pyramid
    Device tree (cm-11.0_3.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_device_htc_pyramid
    Vendor binaries (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android_vendor_htc
    My manifest (cm-11.0 branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/Android

Credits (in no particular order):

The CyanogenMod team
    All CyanogenMod contributors
    CAF (Code Aurora Forum, these are Qualcomm engineers)
    HTCZ715E
    johnnyslt
    Blefish
    professorpasta
    CRACING (for the banner on top of the thread)
    paulb-nl
    bilalliberty
    SebastianFM
    Flemmard
    shantur
    ivanich
    PA for the gapps
    bastei
    liquid64
    Mark376
    me :cowboy:

If I forgot you then slap me and force me to use an iPhone 4 running iOS8

Downloads:
    Please read through the OP before posting in the thread.
    You must have 4ext recovery v1.0.0.6 RC2 or newer in order to install this ROM. Otherwise you will get a status 0 error upon installation.

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16126&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
    Gapps: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15801
    Kernel-only updates/kernel standalone installer: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22313&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 with CAF 3.0.31 kernel, ROM for the HTC Sensation

Contributors
    Sultanxda
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-11-12
    Last Updated 2015-02-19
    Kernel features and details:
    This is a 3.0.31 kernel based off of vanilla CAF jb_1.9.6 kernel source with these features:
    • Full Ion
    • Self-powered USB OTG
    • Sweep2Wake
    • More accurate battery percentage readings
    • AC charge speed over USB (fastcharge)
    • 618MB of usable RAM
    • CPU Input Boost (boosts the CPU when the screen is touched)
    • Ion camera drivers backported from SebastianFM's 3.4 kernel
    • Ion audio drivers backported from SebastianFM's 3.4 kernel
    • Latest CAF KitKat Ion drivers (from the CAF kk_2.7 branch)
    • CAF Jelly Bean GPU drivers (KGSL) (from the CAF jb_2.5 branch)
    • Latest CAF KitKat framebuffer drivers (from the CAF kk_2.7 branch)
    • Latest CAF KitKat video controller (vidc) drivers (from the CAF kk_2.7 branch)
    • CAF jb_chocolate power-management (PM) architecture
    • CAF jb_chocolate USB gadget drivers
    • Newer WiFi drivers from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    • Newer wireless stack from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    • Newer Android drivers (such as lowmemorykiller) from Google's Nexus 7 2012 KitKat kernel
    • Display undervolting by up to 700mV
    • Kernel-based thermald
    • Basic display color control (choose between regular and cooler colors)
    • Lots of debugging garbage removed
    • No kernel modules (greater security)
    • SELinux
    • CPU overclockable up to 1.944GHz
    • GPU overclockable up to 320MHz
    New build uploaded. Thanks to some help from johnnyslt and paulb-nl, I have fixed video playback without breaking the camcorder :) There's a huge kernel changelog to read, so grab a snack, sit back, relax, and go through it all.

Happy holidays!
    Thanks for your answer :) , is video playback gonna be fixed soon u think?

After about of week of working on this, I have fixed video playback without breaking camcorder :victory:

Just need to tie up a few loose ends