FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Contact pictures riddled with dots

28th April 2014, 12:52 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Does anyone know why some contact pictures are riddled with dumb dots?? I guess its for the dot view case or w.e, but its very annoying. Anyone know how to turn that off and show the contact picture normally???

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

28th April 2014, 12:58 PM |#2  
SF, CA - NYC
Thanks Meter: 368

More
When a picture is not HD they put the dots so it doesn't look bad.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
6th April 2015, 09:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

When a picture is not HD they put the dots so it doesn't look bad.

I don't think this is correct. I just tried using a photo from my phone's camera as a test and it still displays in the dot view.

Is there anyway to display the image without the dots regardless of resolution?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I think I've found a solution.
  1. Visit the "People" app on your phone.
  2. Select the contact whose picture you'd like to update.
  3. Tap the small camera icon with the refresh symbol at the bottom right corner of the current contact photo or stock silhouette photo.
  4. Choose "Gallery" and select the photo you want to use. (Pictures from the Gallery appear to be displayed with the dot view regardless of their resolution.)
  5. Crop the picture however you'd like and select "Done."
  6. Now tap the dot view image and select the refresh-camera icon again. From the sources choose "Google." For some reason my phone had "Google" listed twice and "Google+" listed once.

This should remove the dot view effect from the picture. After I did this I was able to set another contact's picture from the Gallery without it defaulting to dot view so I'm not sure what changed. This solution may not work for everyone and I don't even understand how or why it worked for me, but it did so there's the solution I found.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread