Google Play Music Customizations – XDA Xposed Tuesday

If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google … more

Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][2/18/15][4.3][UVUCMK7 Debloated][F2FS] Conch Republic Anniversary Editions

31st March 2015, 09:16 AM |#441  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada
Thanks Meter: 593

1,424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelfox

Thanks. I switched batteries and wifi and bluetooth worked until I tested it some more by taking out the battery and putting it back in. It's not the battery .

What I did:

Flashed Stock Rooted in post #421. It took me back to stock recovery. I was getting boot loops, so I wiped in stock recovery. Wifi & bluetooth still didn't work.

Installed T889UVUCMK7 modem via Mobile Odin, wifi and bluetooth still didn't work.

I then flashed the Wifi patch, no go.

Then I flashed this rom Edition D, and still no wifi or BT.

Still scratching my head here. I recall that I was having trouble with wifi and BT when it was stock unrooted.

Thinking its a hardware issue. You could try one more thing to be sure its not a rogue app or some bad data. Repeat the Odin of the stock rooted image in post 421 and after boot, don't log on to your usual Google account. Create a new account so that no old data or apps are downloaded from the Google servers. Also, you don't need the WiFi patched bootloader for edition D. I had issues with it. Try running without it.

31st March 2015, 04:55 PM |#442  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys

Thinking its a hardware issue. You could try one more thing to be sure its not a rogue app or some bad data. Repeat the Odin of the stock rooted image in post 421 and after boot, don't log on to your usual Google account. Create a new account so that no old data or apps are downloaded from the Google servers. Also, you don't need the WiFi patched bootloader for edition D. I had issues with it. Try running without it.

You might be right., it could be a HW issue.

When I ran Mr. Robinson's Stock Rooted Rom ,in #421, I didn't log into the Gmail account. I clicked straight through.
In fact, the wifi set up is before the gmail account login on the first boot, but when I click to turn it on, it keeps on turning off.
31st March 2015, 08:25 PM |#443  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

1,424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You might be right., it could be a HW issue.

When I ran Mr. Robinson's Stock Rooted Rom ,in #421, I didn't log into the Gmail account. I clicked straight through.
In fact, the wifi set up is before the gmail account login on the first boot, but when I click to turn it on, it keeps on turning off.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo

Just curious. Install that app, give it root permissions and scroll down to see what boot loader is installed on the phone. Should be T889UVBMD1.
31st March 2015, 09:27 PM |#444  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
Will do when I get a chance.

I took it into a phone repair shop. They guess that by pulling the power to the antenna, it reset it or something. Anyways, he took it apart and put it back together and it works.
31st March 2015, 10:52 PM |#445  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

1,424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Will do when I get a chance.

I took it into a phone repair shop. They guess that by pulling the power to the antenna, it reset it or something. Anyways, he took it apart and put it back together and it works.

Nice! Glad you got it worked out!
The Following User Says Thank You to EdKeys For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2015, 08:24 AM |#446  
Thanks Meter: 8

103 posts
Hello there.

Sorry, I tried find answers in the thread but I couldn't find anything regarding swapping storage. I was wondering if it's possible? Would it be possible to switch storage with F2FS format on both SD card and internal? Also, one quick question. I'm on Tweaked Rom and I was wondering, do I just follow the instructions directly? Or should I update something else?

Thanks!!
5th April 2015, 09:26 AM |#447  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

1,424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopandasauce

Hello there.

Sorry, I tried find answers in the thread but I couldn't find anything regarding swapping storage. I was wondering if it's possible? Would it be possible to switch storage with F2FS format on both SD card and internal? Also, one quick question. I'm on Tweaked Rom and I was wondering, do I just follow the instructions directly? Or should I update something else?

Thanks!!

Since I use cloud storage, Dropbox muzecast, mega, mediafire and a few others I'm not the best to answer the swap question.hope someone else jumps in here with more experience with swap. I can say I'm using F2FS formatted partitions and can store media files on either internal or sdcard. Wherever I choose to save a file, I have no issues moving them to and from my sdcard or internal with Root Explorer.

As for being on tweaked, great ROM by the way, just update to the latest modem linked in the OP if you haven't done that already. Make a nandroid backup of tweaked and and give F2FS a try. In building the rom and moving from format to format for both the S and D editions, there were many times I'd have to Odin back to a stock rooted image and then Odin a custom recovery and start over, but that was the worst of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to EdKeys For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2015, 05:59 PM |#448  

103 posts
Oooh I see. I might as well not switch it then. I'll try F2FS instead. The thing is, sometimes I like having a lot of apps, but storage is really capped on internal. Do you know of any efficient ways to install apps on the SD card? Thanks!!
6th April 2015, 07:54 AM |#449  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamorada

1,424 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopandasauce

Oooh I see. I might as well not switch it then. I'll try F2FS instead. The thing is, sometimes I like having a lot of apps, but storage is really capped on internal. Do you know of any efficient ways to install apps on the SD card? Thanks!!

Do you mean not switch Roms? If so, Tweaked will not be able to run on F2FS formatted partitions since there are no supported kernels available.

I have never had enough apps on my Note 2 to have a need to move them to the ext sdcard, so can't help or suggest the best route to take. Shouldn't be any different with this ROM as with tweaked and what you did in the past as far as I know.
7th April 2015, 10:50 AM |#450  

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys

Do you mean not switch Roms? If so, Tweaked will not be able to run on F2FS formatted partitions since there are no supported kernels available.

I have never had enough apps on my Note 2 to have a need to move them to the ext sdcard, so can't help or suggest the best route to take. Shouldn't be any different with this ROM as with tweaked and what you did in the past as far as I know.

Oh, I was just going to limit the amount of apps I have. Going to test out the f2fs. Would it be possible to convert a microsd to a f2fs?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread