FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

S5 G900L LTE problem in Europe zone

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ramsesxv, Junior Member on 7th May 2014, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th April 2015, 01:46 PM |#11  
Flag Bingley
Thanks Meter: 50

Donate to Me
More
I'm confused by your query, I've just bought this phone from an eBay seller (wish I'd researched beforehand, but hey oh) and will also be using it on the Three-UK network when it arrives. I'm convinced it should work on 4G though since I believe Three UK is using the 1800mhz (correct me if I'm wrong) band for 4G which this phone definitely supports. Other than that, have you had any other signal issues in general?

2G GSM

B10 (E-GSM 900MHz), B13 (DCS 1800MHz), B14 (PCS 1900MHz)

3G UMTS

B1 (IMT 2100MHz), B2 (PCS 1900MHz), B5 (US 850MHz Cellular)

4G LTE

B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B7 (2600)

Three UK
2100*MHzUMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+
3G 800*MHz LTE*
4G 1800*MHz LTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuffbabt

Hi Bimmerboii,

I also have an unlocked SM-G900L which I picked up in Hong Kong and use on the 3-mobile network in the UK. I have changed the Data Setting to Auto and will wait to see if it can pick up a 4G network when I am next in London.

Could you help with some of the additional settings please? The Phone is LG-Uplus branded and is set by them to always be in roaming mode when I am in the UK. If possible I would like to make the UK my home network. Under Data Setting there is a submenu called Roaming Realm. Entering this opens a dialogue box with Cancel and OK buttons. Would you know what to enter here to set the United Kingdom as my home country?

Many thanks,
Chuffbabt

[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by live_0978; 8th April 2015 at 02:02 PM. Reason: reasons

9th April 2015, 04:10 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No 4G in UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by live_0978

I'm confused by your query, I've just bought this phone from an eBay seller (wish I'd researched beforehand, but hey oh) and will also be using it on the Three-UK network when it arrives. I'm convinced it should work on 4G though since I believe Three UK is using the 1800mhz (correct me if I'm wrong) band for 4G which this phone definitely supports. Other than that, have you had any other signal issues in general?

2G GSM

B10 (E-GSM 900MHz), B13 (DCS 1800MHz), B14 (PCS 1900MHz)

3G UMTS

B1 (IMT 2100MHz), B2 (PCS 1900MHz), B5 (US 850MHz Cellular)

4G LTE

B1 (2100), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B7 (2600)

Three UK
2100*MHzUMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+
3G 800*MHz LTE*
4G 1800*MHz LTE

[COLOR="Silver"]

Hi,

Overall I am really pleased with the phone, and the reception has generally been excellent but I have never managed to get it working on 4G. I can't say I have spent a lot of time trying, because there is no 4G signal where I live anyway.

It may well be hardware compatible, but the connection settings imposed by the Korean issuer will not allow 4G in any country it sees as roaming (ie not Korea). It works fine with Three in the UK and I have used it extensively abroad on Three's Feel at Home contract without any problems.

If you do come across any sort of firmware update that allows 4G in the UK, it would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks,
Chuffbaby
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread