FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unhappy with Root? Share your stories....

27th January 2015, 03:03 PM |#61  
Flag pnw
Thanks Meter: 194

More
YouTube is unbearable without that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swimguy14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st February 2015, 06:48 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimguy14

YouTube is unbearable without that!

true
2nd February 2015, 04:30 AM |#63  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 3

More
In response to the OP, I've detoxed myself from rooting as well, and I'm happy. Not to say I won't ever root again, but this new wave of material designing all the google apps from google themselves and being able to use them already has really been the reason I haven't rooted. I'm more interested in theming and always have been, so the freedom to customize plenty without root is a great thing for me personally. Also I'm just really happy with KitKat in general.

With that said, I might root sometime and flash away, but only when I get another device to do my daily stuff (calls, emails, text) so I can have some real fun with my S5!
7th April 2015, 01:30 AM |#64  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 25

More
So, it's been 9 months and 13 days since I started this thread. I have been root-free ever since. I'm not gonna lie...it was hard in the beginning, but once I was completely detoxed....well, it was kind of NICE. Sure, I missed a few things....like tethering mostly....but all in all, kind of happy I'm not rooted. Looking forward to seeing what the S6/S6 Edge is going to be like, even though I'm SUPER pissed that there's no removable battery, no microsd, and no IP rating...kind of seems silly to regress on those kinds of features just to be like an iphone knock-off....but *sigh*
Last edited by quordandis; 7th April 2015 at 01:30 AM. Reason: typos
9th April 2015, 07:05 PM |#65  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 368

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimguy14

[emoji33]
What?
What is difficult about installing an app and tapping your finger on the screen literally ONE time?

I had this phone rooted within two minutes of purchasing it, i hadnt even walked out of the store yet. In 10 years of hacking phones this was literally the quickest, easiest, toddler-could-do-it mod ive ever encountered.

Even if your firmware is incompatible w/towelroot youre looking at 5mins max using a computer & odin.

.................... I know its been awhile since you commented on my post but just wanted to say you were right @Swimguy14 , I was just nervous about learning a new device but its really as easy as you said. Thank you for letting me know............
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, galaxy s5, unroot
Previous Thread Next Thread